The Student Room Group

Am I The Only Girl Who Has NO Intention Of Working/Having A Career

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coben
Thanks soo much :smile:

My degree (imb) taught me alot about business excited to learn more. Just need to find my 'niche' :colondollar: in the mean time I'll keep saving part of my salary for my capital :smile:

You're welcome. :smile:

Yup! Some markets like finance, health, dating, technology and self-dev will always be "evergreen", so to speak. You'll find your niche, as long as people have a problem and you have the solution (your product), you'll be fine.

Keep saving up! :smile:
Reply 41
But surely having a small online business is classed as working? They are definitely hard work if you want to make good money from it.
Reply 42
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
Hmm contrary to popular belief, it's not a good idea to "quit your job", when you need it to fund your projects.

Especially for a 22-year old fresh out of university :tongue:

lol :biggrin: I'm gonna keep working.

Gonna start doing it on the side hopefully by the time I have kids (10 years) it's gonna be big enough!

*orders books on amazon*
Reply 43
Hmm contrary to popular belief, it's not a good idea to "quit your job", when you need it to fund your projects.

Especially for a 22-year old fresh out of university :tongue:

There are many ways to fund your projects... But I would quit it as she says she hates it! Its not worthy to live unhappy.

She may try to work full time on her bussiness and see if it succeeds fast, if it doesnt then i would find other temporary jobs, at least something different where she can learn new things and not what she is doing now and she does not enjoy
Reply 44
You're welcome. :smile:

Yup! Some markets like finance, health, dating, technology and self-dev will always be "evergreen", so to speak. You'll find your niche, as long as people have a problem and you have the solution (your product), you'll be fine.

Keep saving up! :smile:

btw what inspired you :smile: I imagine you have a degree etc ?
Original post by bealln17
There are many ways to fund your projects... But I would quit it as she says she hates it! Its not worthy to live unhappy.

She may try to work full time on her bussiness and see if it succeeds fast, if it doesnt then i would find other temporary jobs, at least something different where she can learn new things and not what she is doing now and she does not enjoy

Ahh right, well yeah in that way I'd suggest she gets another job lined up so at least she's happy where she's working. yup.
Original post by Coben
btw what inspired you :smile: I imagine you have a degree etc ?

Nope, unfortunately I don't have a degree. Though I tried many things, mostly in the Science/Medicine field.

I get a good feeling knowing that my work actively helps people to lead better lives. I wanted to take it to the next level, I wanted to reach more people rather than those I knew face-to-face.

I decided to start writing about things I knew people struggled with; money management, relationships, self-esteem and confidence and even weight loss. As a matter of fact some of my original pieces of work started here on TSR.

Had a positive reception on here and I guess I just ran with it. :tongue:
Reply 47
Ahh right, well yeah in that way I'd suggest she gets another job lined up so at least she's happy where she's working. yup.

✌️😁
And this is the type of wife I want.
Reply 49
Original post by Abdul-Karim
And this is the type of wife I want.

really ? don't you want a wife in IB ?
Original post by Coben
lol :biggrin: I'm gonna keep working.

Gonna start doing it on the side hopefully by the time I have kids (10 years) it's gonna be big enough!

*orders books on amazon*

Yup and then you can just delegate most of the tasks which don't require your direct input to others :smile:

Small business owners are the lifeblood of any country's economy.

You're actually helping out in more ways than you think, we need more entrepreneurs.
Reply 51
Original post by Coben
I'm 22 now and it's slowly dawned on me that I have no intention of working/having a career. I find most work boring and I am simply not inspired by the rat race. I think I want to be a small business owner and a stay at home mother.

It seems with feminism most women just aren't looking to go down the 'small job, husband and babies' route anymore. Am I the only one who doesn't want to work...at all ?

Maybe a small online store or something and a husband and kids. Nothing more (?)

Anyone else ?

That's awesome. Everyone has their own choices in life and you go ahead with that if it will make you happy. Disregard anyone who opposes like feminists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coben
really ? don't you want a wife in IB ?

Hell no. If anything, I want my wife to have moral values.
Reply 53
Nope, unfortunately I don't have a degree. Though I tried many things, mostly in the Science/Medicine field.

I get a good feeling knowing that my work actively helps people to lead better lives. I wanted to take it to the next level, I wanted to reach more people rather than those I knew face-to-face.

I decided to start writing about things I knew people struggled with; money management, relationships, self-esteem and confidence and even weight loss. As a matter of fact some of my original pieces of work started here on TSR.

Had a positive reception on here and I guess I just ran with it. :tongue:

:biggrin: I'm inspired!!

*imagines days in home office with baby in lap away from rat race* :grouphugs:
Original post by Coben
I want to own a small business so it isn't 'lazy'

Small business aside, wanting to have kids is anything but lazy.
'Small Business Owners' can make a lot of money online if they approach it right. You don't necessarily need a traditional career to be successful and live a good life.

My only advice to you, is to read, ALOT. Start jotting down as many ideas as you want for starting your own small enterprise or what not, the earlier you start the better.

Unless by your OP, you mean that you have no intention of doing any form of work for the rest of your life... then you'll probably struggle unless you have a very wealthy partner, but IMO handing the keys of your life to another person who isn't guaranteed to stay with you, is a very, very big risk.

I'd rather put all my money in stocks than do that. But that's just me.

You can do whatever you want at the end of the day, its your life.

And to those who have already been saying: "Is cuz feminism"...Grow up.

Feminism in this aspect, is about giving women the choice to do what they want in their working lives.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm a man can I have the choice to not work pls? Or does it make me a pussy?

I won't shoot down OP as small business is sort of working, not having.cake and eating it so much as it would be if literally controlling a rich husband from.the inside which is what the rad fems want.
Even as a man I want this. The idea of traditional work and a career just to pay the bills is what sent me into counselling. I despise the idea and would love nothing more than being a stay at home dad while I pursue my interest of writing. Like you, what work I do I'd like to do from home.

What I'm saying is, regardless of gender, you're not alone. While i have nothing to back this up, I'd bet good money that most people on earth would like the life of staying at home and raising a family, rather than doing something they hate just for the money to survive.

Best of luck to you!
Original post by Coben
:biggrin: I'm inspired!!

*imagines days in home office with baby in lap away from rat race* :grouphugs:

:lol:

tbf I don't find the 9-5 rat rice entirely bad, I guess it depends on what kind of job you have. If its something you enjoy, then its really not too bad :tongue:
Reply 58
Why cant women be normal?

it's either the 'Look I'm such an independent business woman you go girl' route.

Or the 'I'll sit at home and watch Loose Women whilst I set a bad example for my kids and leech off my husband route'
Reply 59
Original post by Skyy9432
Even as a man I want this. The idea of traditional work and a career just to pay the bills is what sent me into counselling. I despise the idea and would love nothing more than being a stay at home dad while I pursue my interest of writing. Like you, what work I do I'd like to do from home.

What I'm saying is, regardless of gender, you're not alone. While i have nothing to back this up, I'd bet good money that most people on earth would like the life of staying at home and raising a family, rather than doing something they hate just for the money to survive.

Best of luck to you!

You could be a stay at home dad :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending