Turn on thread page Beta

Di Maria, Hazard or Alexis Sanchez? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Clockender is probably FK with another one of his terrible trolls. The tbh at the end of the sentence after making a stupid statement is a trademark FK thing(and me but it's clearly not me).
    I think FK's a melt. Nice guy but he's so deluded in his support for Wenger. He's a grown man who wears replica shirts to games aswell ffs. Embarrassing. Way wide of the mark to say I'm anything like FK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie3ed)
    Alexis Sanchez he is a 1 man team.
    BS. Cazorla has outperformed him consistently in the last dozen games, but because Sanchez gets goals, people think he is some kind of god. He has been one of the top players in the league, but he is still incredibly raw (losing the ball, making the wrong choice/pass etc). In terms of talent he is better than Hazard (let's not even mention Di Maria), but Hazard is a lot smoother, and is far more controlled. It essentially comes down to who is on better form on the day really, but I would prefer Sanchez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    I think FK's a melt. Nice guy but he's so deluded in his support for Wenger. He's a grown man who wears replica shirts to games aswell ffs. Embarrassing. Way wide of the mark to say I'm anything like FK.
    I mean a poster called FKLW(banned on this) but yeah the Arsenal fan tv crew are just ridiculous. Embarrassing show for an Arsenal fan.

ReputationRep:
    I mean a poster called FKLW(banned on this) but yeah the Arsenal fan tv crew are just ridiculous. Embarrassing show for an Arsenal fan.
    Ahh sorry mate thought you were talking about FK on twitter. Don't know who this FKLW bloke is.

Agree with you there. It was good in the beginning but now it's just a platform for a load of melts and an excuse for rival fans to laugh at us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Eden Hazard

Hazard can do what Alexis does but with half of the work rate Alexis uses. Hazard is a much more efficient player
    LOL
    when has Hazard ever scored 20 goals a season with a lot of assists.
    Hazard is very good but not as good as Sanchez. Sanchez has proven over this year and last 2 seasons he will score goals. Hazard has had one good season and this season he is no way as impactful as Fab.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Would like to see Sanchez and Hazard do it in a big game.
    Watch one of the 2014 barca vs real games. Sanchez scored a banger in one of the games which won it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have Ozil than Di Maria. Such an intelligent playmaker.

ReputationRep:
    Hazard is the best and would turn it on for the big games, the type of player who can win you the CL. But Sanchez is better than Hazard against weaker opposition and his ability to come into a new league and adapt so well is amazing.

Di Maria is so **** this season compared to both Hazard/Sanchez, not all his fault he is not built for the PL and will need more time to adapt and LVG has played him as a striker (especially in the big games). For me was just as important to Real as Ronaldo/Ramos for the CL win, he is a bus breaker who ironically was known to turn it on in the big games at Real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    Watch one of the 2014 barca vs real games. Sanchez scored a banger in one of the games which won it.
    It turned out to be the winning goal but it was the goal that put Barcelona 2-0 ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    LOL
    when has Hazard ever scored 20 goals a season with a lot of assists.
    Hazard is very good but not as good as Sanchez. Sanchez has proven over this year and last 2 seasons he will score goals. Hazard has had one good season and this season he is no way as impactful as Fab.
    The season prior to that though Sanchez got his first league goal in February...
    Attacking players stats will always be juiced up at Barcelona anyway. Especially when you're comparing a much more defensive system at Chelsea where we go ultra attack for 20mins and afterwards play defensive possession.

Watch us play btw as Hazard is our source of goals and assists. Fabregas is the ultimate stat padder against weaker teams almost every big game he's nowhere to be found while Hazard is the one usually bailing us out(City games Hazard got an assist in both, scored vs Arsenal after making a solo run to win a pen, got 2 goals vs Spurs iirc at the WHL game and scored vs them at the bridge iirc, made that goal for Drogba as he made a solo run that won the corner)

Fabregas is ultimate stat padder, when you consider the ridiculous amount of set piece goals Chelsea score. He offers us little control against bigger teams.
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Ahh sorry mate thought you were talking about FK on twitter. Don't know who this FKLW bloke is.

Agree with you there. It was good in the beginning but now it's just a platform for a load of melts and an excuse for rival fans to laugh at us.
    No worries man.

I agree with you. Disagree that Hazard is a fraud though. Think he does need to be more clinical. The other problem hazard has got is that on the left flank(where he usually plays) there's no fullback winger dynamic as the fullback rarely goes further than the final third to make crosses, which usually ends up in him doing all the work on that side, while Sanchez usually has Gibbs overlapping to make space for him, or Debuchy/Bellerin doing the same on the other side.

ReputationRep:
    Defo Sanchez in the current situation. Probably Di-Maria for me in his prime. On the whole however Bale>Di-Maria or Sanchez>Hazard

ReputationRep:
    Di Maria's prime was 6 month spells which even had a few inconsistent periods there.
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    BS. Cazorla has outperformed him consistently in the last dozen games, but because Sanchez gets goals, people think he is some kind of god. He has been one of the top players in the league, but he is still incredibly raw (losing the ball, making the wrong choice/pass etc). In terms of talent he is better than Hazard (let's not even mention Di Maria), but Hazard is a lot smoother, and is far more controlled. It essentially comes down to who is on better form on the day really, but I would prefer Sanchez.
    I agree with you here. Disagree with your conclusion though.

Hazard is a big game player and is playing in a more defensive system than Sanchez, also Sanchez usually has a fullback overlapping him on either side, Hazard usually works on a flank on his own, or hoping that Oscar is there to play some 1-2's, when Sanchez has Cazorla/Ozil+ a fullback to work with him on the flanks. Sanchez has the style of a grinder, like Diego Costa, It's similar to comparing somebody like Aguero or Sturridge to Costa. The first category will always be seemed as better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    I'd rather have Ozil than Di Maria. Such an intelligent playmaker.

Wenger recently is playing exactly the type of football I have been crying out for him to play. Lightning breaks when we want to, great possession football when we want to. With Ozil in the position I think he should be in, alternating between the wings and killing teams with one decisive touch/pass.He is such a ****ing sexual player. I want to see us kill a big team in a high stakes game. That's when we'll know the real historical Arsenal are back.

Hazard tbh though is better than them all. He is only 24 and will become a complete wrecking machine (don't think his prime will be that long though). Think he'll be off to Real Madrid though, they always get their man.

ReputationRep:
    Di Maria's prime was 6 month spells which even had a few inconsistent periods there.

I agree with you here. Disagree with your conclusion though.

Hazard is a big game player and is playing in a more defensive system than Sanchez, also Sanchez usually has a fullback overlapping him on either side, Hazard usually works on a flank on his own, or hoping that Oscar is there to play some 1-2's, when Sanchez has Cazorla/Ozil+ a fullback to work with him on the flanks. Sanchez has the style of a grinder, like Diego Costa, It's similar to comparing somebody like Aguero or Sturridge to Costa. The first category will always be seemed as better.
    I suppose but that is just the style they enjoy. Hazard does cut in a bit, but he runs down the flank a lot more than Sanchez, cutting into the box from the side, or running along the edge from the wing to the inside (generally why he wins a lot of free kicks in those areas - he knows how to do it). Sanchez prefers the freedom to either run on the wing, or dominate the middle due to his desire to have the ball 100% of the time. It's why he generally takes up an advanced role in games, not just sticking on the wing but moving into CAM a lot (which is why we have full backs moving up alongside or past him). I agree that Sanchez and Hazard don't have the same style, but I don't think there is as large a gap between them as there is between Aguero/Costa.

Still, both are incredible, and anyone who thinks Di Maria is better is clearly just basing it on price tag. Hazard has been accused of bottling it for Belgium, Sanchez has been accused of being far too temperamental for Barca, but Di Maria outdoes both in terms of being temperamental, both for club and for country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Wenger recently is playing exactly the type of football I have been crying out for him to play. Lightning breaks when we want to, great possession football when we want to. With Ozil in the position I think he should be in, alternating between the wings and killing teams with one decisive touch/pass.He is such a ****ing sexual player. I want to see us kill a big team in a high stakes game. That's when we'll know the real historical Arsenal are back.

Hazard tbh though is better than them all. He is only 24 and will become a complete wrecking machine (don't think his prime will be that long though). Think he'll be off to Real Madrid though, they always get their man.
    Ozil can play on the wings. He has bulked up, and is deceptively fast (as well as incredibly good at dribbling). I remember one point in the 5-0 game against Villa where him and Cazorla were on either wing, and just switching the play to each other for fun (the ridiculous move that ended with him dribbling into the box but losing it before he could shoot).

I am pretty sure the Etihad game counts as a 'high stakes' game against a big team. The only real ones we have left are Monaco away (they loaned out Ocampos and don't have James/Falcao so I am hopeful) and Chelsea at home. If we win those, I will be convinced we can challenge for the title. Still, we have only lost by a two-goal margin twice, and only let in three goals once, so still a massive improvement on last season.

ReputationRep:

i jizzed a bit

ReputationRep:
    Clockender is probably FK with another one of his terrible trolls. The tbh at the end of the sentence after making a stupid statement is a trademark FK thing(and me but it's clearly not me).

You thought it was me at first

ReputationRep:
    Not that I'm disputing that they can play well in big games but showing a video of a good goal and a good run doesn't really prove anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Ozil can play on the wings. He has bulked up, and is deceptively fast (as well as incredibly good at dribbling). I remember one point in the 5-0 game against Villa where him and Cazorla were on either wing, and just switching the play to each other for fun (the ridiculous move that ended with him dribbling into the box but losing it before he could shoot).

I am pretty sure the Etihad game counts as a 'high stakes' game against a big team. The only real ones we have left are Monaco away (they loaned out Ocampos and don't have James/Falcao so I am hopeful) and Chelsea at home. If we win those, I will be convinced we can challenge for the title. Still, we have only lost by a two-goal margin twice, and only let in three goals once, so still a massive improvement on last season.
    Ozil cutting in from the right ala Real days is the ****ing sex, in fact, it's better than sex. Such beautiful football, he is the closest to Bergkamp's style since the Ice Man himself. You know, I actually watched his highlight videos from his recent games and I just sit there and watch, it's just so entertaining to see his movement, his head look around at his surroundings and manipulating the space. Type of guy that does not need to skin 3 players like a Sanchez, instead he just moves and touches the ball once without looking and he's killed an entire defence with a flick. It's like poetry. I like Sanchez, brilliant player. But my favourite by some distance is Ozil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Ozil cutting in from the right ala Real days is the ****ing sex, in fact, it's better than sex. Such beautiful football, he is the closest to Bergkamp's style since the Ice Man himself. You know, I actually watched his highlight videos from his recent games and I just sit there and watch, it's just so entertaining to see his movement, his head look around at his surroundings and manipulating the space. Type of guy that does not need to skin 3 players like a Sanchez, instead he just moves and touches the ball once without looking and he's killed an entire defence with a flick. It's like poetry. I like Sanchez, brilliant player. But my favourite by some distance is Ozil.
    I saw a great description of him on BBC the other day, which went something like "I have never seen a German lack passion or commitment, but I have seen plenty of Germans with a determination not to be hurried or harassed". Since Ozil has been back, people have been waking up to just how good his vision is, and you can only really get a sense of how good his movement is when you are either watching recap videos or in the stadium. He is probably unique in the sense that he is so slow and methodical, yet everything he does is exciting. Sanchez is the kind of guy who gets stuff done by refusing to slow down. Ozil is the kind of guy who gets stuff done by refusing to speed up. Love them both.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.