Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Whats everyone been asked

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on tuesday, I didn't think it was too hard but i'm unsure on how well it went as i've never had an interview of any sort before, I just hope I got in because I really want to do the week's work experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugby321)
    I had my interview on tuesday, I didn't think it was too hard but i'm unsure on how well it went as i've never had an interview of any sort before, I just hope I got in because I really want to do the week's work experience
    What kind of questions did they ask? If you don't mind me asking. I have mine in Friday and am pretty nervous. :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had mine today i think you get asked similar but different questions myn only lasted 5 minutes lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francesca71)
    I had mine today i think you get asked similar but different questions myn only lasted 5 minutes lol
    That's pretty short? What did they ask or was it just more of a conversation type thing?

ReputationRep:
    Mine lasted just over 20 minutes! the questions aren't too bad all I'd say is think what your strengths are and why as put on the spot this was quite tricky to answer, I wouldn't get too nervous as it's quite relaxed, my interviewer talked to me for abit about what I do in my free time and also what I did today and was going to do in the afternoon/evening, he said he'd get back to me about my application in 2 to 3 days however I think it may take longer, btw which offices has everyone applied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugby321)
    Mine lasted just over 20 minutes! the questions aren't too bad all I'd say is think what your strengths are and why as put on the spot this was quite tricky to answer, I wouldn't get too nervous as it's quite relaxed, my interviewer talked to me for abit about what I do in my free time and also what I did today and was going to do in the afternoon/evening, he said he'd get back to me about my application in 2 to 3 days however I think it may take longer, btw which offices has everyone applied
    I applied to the Gatwick one! Did you have to talk about pwc or any recent news?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an offer yet?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, taking them aages. Really hope I find out soon

ReputationRep:
    I've just received a call notifying me I got onto the weeks work experience!

ReputationRep:
    What office?

ReputationRep:
    Manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maceve)
    Has anyone done them yet?

I have a feeling the numerical reasoning test is going to be so hard.
    I tried doing some practice reasoning tests which gave you 60 seconds for an answer. By the time I digested the question at least 30 seconds was already gone.

How would you suggest I prepare for it to get the best possible marks?
    Well for the numerical one, normally you get one set of info for about 3-5 questions. If that's the case, I'd quickly scan the info set for about 15 secs to get an understanding of what it is. Look for the axes definitions and then any asterisks explaining details of it. Then, I'd try to bash out each question one by one. Always have a spreadsheet open at the same time, and use a desktop with a mouse, not a tablet/mobile device.

TBH I always found the numerical ones fairly straightforward. It was those damn logical ones that killed me!

Anyway with all these things obviously practice makes perfect so check out the practice test at SHL site or shlhelp.co.uk or any other practice options.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.