Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cambridge United vs Manchester United - 23/01/15 watch

ReputationRep:
    Not entirely sure why we're playing balls over the top, it's quite frustrating actually.

Rojo is doing good thought.

ReputationRep:
    Erm where's the midfield

ReputationRep:
    Fellaini's reputation precedes him. Pretty rubbish start so far.

Against teams like this they are always going to show up early on and run and run and run putting in huge shifts to keep it at 0-0 as long as possible and try to snatch any chances that come their way. That always makes it difficult simply because of the intense pressure on the ball the second you recieve it if nothing else. That is what this tournament is about...

We've still made un-forced errors and some stupid decisions which I find really annoying. If we're in great form and DM7 is scoring for fun and he decides to have a pop from a silly position i dont really mind, i actualy think taking long shots is something our team is really missing right now, but hes kinda taking the piss with the shot he took earlier. Jones passing it straight to a Cambridge forward under no pressure is another example. Sort it out lads.

ReputationRep:
    Greg Taylor got the full head and beard trim for the big day

ReputationRep:
    ........damn that would have been nice for the BTTS

ReputationRep:
    Carrick is dumb. That corner he got baited into standing in front of DDG with the player that was trying to obstruct him. All that does is put TWO people in front of the keeper and it also means that the ref is not going to give a foul for him harassing the keeper.

Probably safest to let him push and shove the keeper and let the ref blow for it like they do every time they think someone gave the keeper a sideways glance.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I can't physically watch anymore of this, the quality is just ****ing dire

Take Di Maria off at half time because it's just not happening for him

ReputationRep:
    I kind of want MU to smash Cambridge. Fans who don't ever turn up but get involved for the big games annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    Bring back Luke Chadwick.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    hmm wonder if this ends up being decided by a pen for Man Utd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I can't physically watch anymore of this, the quality is just ****ing dire

Take Di Maria off at half time because it's just not happening for him
    Watch the Chelsea game

ReputationRep:
    The no pace, no creativity approach is a bold new way to play football :yes:

How many years does a club need to do something about the midfield? (And now defence, and up front, and on the wings.)

ReputationRep:
    this is just hilarious to watch.
    you've gotten a little better towards the end of the half by retaining possession, but your general performance has been abysmal.

only rojo and blind have been useful - amazing for a team consisting of players like falcao and di maria.
    this is embarrassing...

75 places between them.
    cambridge look like the better team.

ReputationRep:
    Wilson to come off surely during the second half. I'm also not entirely sure what Fellaini's position is, he seems to be stuck up on the far right wing half the time.

Not exactly unexpected but i would have expected more chances from us.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen the 16 year old that Madrid just signed make plays in the box better than anything our team has put out today.

I know it's popular today to say "lets not go on about *insert big team* today, lets give credit to the amazing performance by *small team*" and often that is fair but this game I really do not think Cambridge have done anything special. They've made plenty of defensive errors, they've not done great with the chances they've had...I think on this ocasion it really is about united playing badly not Cambridge playing well.

We are playing at their level, they aren't playing at..well, what used to be ours.

ReputationRep:
    Di Maria and Adnan need to get on the ball more and break faster when they have a chance.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with Januzaj? He seems afraid to run with the ball and always seems to be passing it back rather than taking a chance.
    The whole reason why everyone was excited about it was his willingness to run at players.
    Could it due to the system Van Gaal wants to play? Possession based football? It doesn't help being on a small pitch but still. it's been a poor performance

ReputationRep:
    Phil Neville was a first team coach last season for the Moyes united and he's getting all irritated about us playing slow.

Pot, kettle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    What's wrong with Januzaj? He seems afraid to run with the ball and always seems to be passing it back rather than taking a chance.
    The whole reason why everyone was excited about it was his willingness to run at players.
    Could it due to the system Van Gaal wants to play? Possession based football? It doesn't help being on a small pitch but still. it's been a poor performance
    Lol. United fans are funny (Not you, just in general). I remember early on this season when he took all the chances he could and when he failed everyone slated him and he got dropped for it too. So now he will try to play as safe as he can.

Also don't like how Neville, Shearer are getting at Januzaj, he's been our best attacker.

ReputationRep:
    cheering on cambridge!

Please let the united meltdown start again!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 25, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.