Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Atunu)
    Ready, set, goal.

So as you know we have to set a goal for this half term and try to accomplish it (you're welcome for the obviousness). I've kind of set myself a goal on the last post but in true spirit of competition here it goes, for this half term:

I'm going to try to get F334 done, which would mean I'd have about 2 months for F335. Bit much? Nothing wrong with trying. Already bricking it.

So there, hope you are all motivated for your goals, good luck and enjoy your half term!

PS: Carnival was supposed to be one of these days, I missed the chance to wear a ridiculously stupid outfit/go to Venice
    I think that you have a reasonable target - most of F335 is just stuff you've done before (IIRC) so won't be as bad revising as you think. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I think that you have a reasonable target - most of F335 is just stuff you've done before (IIRC) so won't be as bad revising as you think. :yy:
    Yeah? Thank god, I was already panicking. Yes, hope it's not too bad, thanks for the heads up!

ReputationRep:
    Just dropping by to ask whether you've had any more offers?

It's hard to keep going but just focus on your aim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Just dropping by to ask whether you've had any more offers?

It's hard to keep going but just focus on your aim
    Hiya! No not yet, still waiting on Caledonian, I was tempted to withdraw and firm the university of Glasgow but I'd rather have a chance at an insurance too.

And yes but you're right, gotta stay focused, thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    Half empty, half full.

Hello everyone, been a week or so, hope everyone's half term was great.
    I set myself a goal to do the whole of F334, needless to say I didn't quite accomplish that. I did half of it. It's not bad but of course it's not the goal I set myself. At least I got over the Steel story (seriously, it is awful).

It has also motivated me to keep going and I am sure I will be able to finish all of chemistry by April. Then past papers, blabla.

Anyway, I know it's not exactly what I wanted to achieve, but it's something so this time the glass is definitely half full for me.

I hope everyone is happy with what they achieved these holidays and are all excited to keep going with this until the end.

PS: I'll upload the photos of the notes later on tonight, my internet is being... not being. And you know how slow photo uploading can be

ReputationRep:
    Quick update:

Last offer! Caledonian glasgow for microbiology with BCC, so happy that at least I have an insurance.

So that's it, now back to that revision, this is exactly what I needed for that extra motivation!

Hope everyone is feeling gooood because Friday!
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Atunu)
    Quick update:

Last offer! Caledonian glasgow for microbiology with BCC, so happy that at least I have an insurance.

So that's it, now back to that revision, this is exactly what I needed for that extra motivation!

Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atunu)
    Quick update:

Well done you!!!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!
    Thank you!! :dancing2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omni Vanitas)
    Well done you!!!
    Thank you very much :bl:

ReputationRep:
    That is not medicine.

So I know I said I'd post the half of F334 some time ago, but I ended up deciding I'd finish F334 first and post each topic daily, so I would have time to do F335 meanwhile.
    Finally, F334 is DONE. It is such a pain of a unit but at least it's over now. Today I'll upload photos for the 'What's in a medicine' topic, after it'll be the Steel story and so on and afterwards when F335 is done I'll do the same.
    My plan for this month is to do F335 and then go on to the spec. and do the same as biology by going through each point.
    And then for April, the nightmare of past papers.

So, overall, I have quite a good idea of where I want to go and I'm feeling a bit more confident that I'll be able to manage the workload this time.
    Hope you all have a great weekend!

PS: I know the title isn't very accurate, the topic does talk a bit about aspirin. Still, bleugh.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    No

The steel story, do I need say more? Those who do salters know the hurt of this topic. There's so much wrong I won't even try.
    So here are the notes, I am exhausted just looking at them again, had a session from 7pm until 3am, and never again because I'm still dizzy.

It's over and that's the best thing ever.

It's not over, I forgot, F335, well soon enough, exams are almost upon us and so is the new season of GoT. I wonder how many students/characters will actually make it through.

Anyway, only one unit to go and three months to exams, this is the final round. Good luck everyone!

PS: Good news! I can resit my coursework but only by improving my old one. Well that won't be hard because there's a lot wrong.
    Attached Images

• Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Atunu)
    No

The steel story, do I need say more? Those who do salters know the hurt of this topic. There's so much wrong I won't even try.
    So here are the notes, I am exhausted just looking at them again, had a session from 7pm until 3am, and never again because I'm still dizzy.

It's over and that's the best thing ever.

It's not over, I forgot, F335, well soon enough, exams are almost upon us and so is the new season of GoT. I wonder how many students/characters will actually make it through.

Anyway, only one unit to go and three months to exams, this is the final round. Good luck everyone!

PS: Good news! I can resit my coursework but only by improving my old one. Well that won't be hard because there's a lot wrong.
    Steel Story was the most boring unit of Chemistry I ever did. I enjoyed the "What's in a Medicine?" and "Medicines by Design" units though, I found those somewhat interesting and they helped me a bit with my university interviews. The coursework you do is also ridiculously long - I remember spending hours and hours in the lab and then having a report that was about 80ish pages or something.

Your notes look very good (haven't checked them for any mistakes but they look pretty detailed). :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Steel Story was the most boring unit of Chemistry I ever did. I enjoyed the "What's in a Medicine?" and "Medicines by Design" units though, I found those somewhat interesting and they helped me a bit with my university interviews. The coursework you do is also ridiculously long - I remember spending hours and hours in the lab and then having a report that was about 80ish pages or something.

Your notes look very good (haven't checked them for any mistakes but they look pretty detailed). :yy:
    It's awful. Yes those units are not too bad actually. And did they? I'm going to guess it was medicine interviews? Yes, the coursework is horrendous and even so I still have half the pages you did!
    Thank you, I hope they are right or my exams aren't going to go well....

ReputationRep:
    And even so, nylon tights still rip as easy as anything.

These are my 'Designer Polymers' notes, not much to it really and the next topic doesn't have much either, this one is basically that, polymers and some simple reactions, not too bad.

Friday will be the last upload for F334 and then it will be F335. Spoiler: It is not going well, I am dreading every single page I read because. W.T.F. (I'm sorry there is just no better way to explain)

Anyway, I wasn't expecting this to be a walk in the park or everyone would have A* in 12 A levels and they'd lose their value. I hope the rest of the week is great for everyone!

PS: I had a 'stroll' of 17 km today and my legs have left my body in spirit.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Regret nothing

I have finished F335 before I finished uploading F334. Feels good. Feels amazing. All the notes are complete now so I can dedicate this week specifically to coursework. Deadline is the 28th
    I am in the worst mood ever though, I decided to go for an all nighter to get the last bit of notes done and now it's been since 2pm yesterday with no sleep. Don`t try this at home.

Anyway here's the last bit of F334 then soon F335 and then past papers!

Hope you all feel good today.

PS: I don't even know the difference between yesterday and today.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Hope for smooth sailing

Hello everyone, I've started with modifying my coursework, my teachers are being great about it and they are helping me along the way, my aim is to concentrate on coursework today and tomorrow. Then hardcore revision during easter and trying to memorise as much of my notes as I can. After easter my teachers will give me one week for final tweeks of my coursework and when I'm happy with the final product and I have properly learnt all my notes, past papers.

For the moment I'm not sure as to how many a day I will do, I'll see how much time I have left until exams and decide. I am really excited for this now.
    For the moment, this is the first topic of F335, Aspects of Agriculture. Not too bad.

Sorry for the long post! Hope everyone has an easy time with this and not stress too much.

PS: Still, I don't want to be too optimistic.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I thought colours were meant to be fun

This is the F335 section for colours by design
    God it's a long topic. And a difficult one.

For the moment I'm still trying to improve my coursework but I cannot see what else to do even though I know it's not an A coursework yet, and the fact that the specification is the most vague thing ever doesn not help.

Still, the sun is out today and it feels like summer so it's not too bad.
    Hope you all have a great Saturday!

PS: I had japanese food yesterday and it was the best treat EVER
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    The oceans

Hello guys, been busy this week but I finished my biology coursework too so that's both of them done, just have to wait for feedback from teachers.

This is one of the most stressful topics in F335 because trust me, no one likes to go on about enthalpy and entropy at such extent.
    (All I do is complain, just realised)

I'm aiming to memorise everything I can this month for past papers in May.

That's about it, hope you're having a great Easter.

PS: No
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Quick update

Just realised that the last post was also all of F335 because the other two topics are basically review I'm now improving my courseworks but I can't stop thinking that I won't have enough time for everything.

Have a great weekend!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.