Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    Thanks for your replies, it's been quite interesting to see what it's like behind the scenes

Shame about the secret menu, must be a joke or something.
    Secret menu may be more relevant to US as they do thing differently over there

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking about applying for a team member position online? How long will it take to hear back from them or is it better to hand in my cv at the place? And is it necessary to have previous experience working in a fast food place or restaurant?

Help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I heard back within 2 weeks of applying online

I have had previous experience in Fast Food having worked for McDonald's twice (short term only), I also have 1 years experience of working in a holiday camp kitchen as a Kitchen Porter, but I don't believe that experience is an essential for the job, although it does help

Do you know what this is for (e.g. Back/Middle or Front of House), I may be able to give you some more insight into what a work day generally looks like

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to kfc and have an interview today what's the hardest bit of the job? would I be likely to start off on the tills? it seems quite intimidating having to learn the menu and stuff :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I would say the hardest par of the job is being on you feet all day, learning the menu is not the hard bit, remembering what goes in each bucket/burger meal is harder

ReputationRep:
    eek well I got the job! I start in 2 weeks, any tips for how to prepare? really nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Just try to find out as much as you can before starting, you will do some online training before you get stuck in anyway

ReputationRep:
    When are you bringing back the Crispy Strips?

ReputationRep:
    no idea

ReputationRep:
    I have a group assessment at the Jobcentre for an interview with KFC (KFC managers will be there at the assessment). I'm just wondering if it's a rule that you have to work weekends in fast food? I would happily work Monday - Friday any hours, and even a Sunday but for personal reasons don't want to work on a Saturday.

Am I screwed?

ReputationRep:
    We have a sheet where we can request days or dates off, so I see no problem with that

Also I used to have Saturdays off due to doing voluntary work, and my manager was fine with that, but usually weekend work is expected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topaztiger1983)
    We have a sheet where we can request days or dates off, so I see no problem with that

Also I used to have Saturdays off due to doing voluntary work, and my manager was fine with that, but usually weekend work is expected
    Does anyone know KFC's rules/regulations on facial hair? Do you have to be clean shaven?

I have a beard this length and don't want to cut it off haha!:

Mine's slightly longer
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Yes you have to be clean shaven at all times

ReputationRep:
    What's your favourite role? Drive thru? Packing? Front? More of the back preparing the food?

I personally prefer being on front, drive thru was a nightmare! Nevertheless, I enjoyed working there and got me amazing jobs since then

ReputationRep:
    I am only trained as a cook at the moment although I am doing my middle and front training at the moment, but not worked on front yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topaztiger1983)
    I am only trained as a cook at the moment although I am doing my middle and front training at the moment, but not worked on front yet
    Oooh I never got trained for the back but enjoy time at the front (minus drive thru)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LOL, We don't have a drive-thru at our restaurant

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I made an application at kfc manchester. I cleared the assessment. They told me the manager will contact within 14 days. Its been 5 days now. Does it usually take that long or my application has been unsuccessful?

ReputationRep:
    I dont know about different stores but i basically told at my interview that i had the job

I would wait until the 14 days are up before you say yhat you donr have it

ReputationRep:
    Is that burger ever going to come to the UK - the burger sandwiched inbetween 2 chicken fillets!?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.