Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I strangled a girl in a bottled up rage, now I don't know what to do watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farrow000)
    I'm just saying that my assault wasn't as bad as it could of been, well its quite rude to act like that so there no point of being here.

My flatmate knows me as a person that i'm not a violent idiot so she can see through that and she knows about my anxiety. I think she wants to ban the girl from coming to flat ever again but that would go in the opposite direction and create another problem.
    Could've been worse in that you could've killed her, but you still attacked her. It isn't "rude," it's violent, unacceptable, intimidating behavior. Anxiety or the fact that she wasn't talking to you doesn't excuse what you did and doesn't count as provocation. Why ban the girl from coming to your flat? She didn't do anything wrong -- You're the one who attacked her. Your flatmates kick you out of your flat, the girl should file a restraining order against you, and you should get some therapy.

ReputationRep:
    that's disgusting

ReputationRep:
    You seem genuinely sorry for your actions so I sympathise with you. I think rehabilitation will be better and anger management classes.

If you're sent to jail it'll be a waste of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Alcohol does cause you to be violent I have seen it myself with someone I know attacking someone else I know and this wouldn't have happened if they weren't extremely drunk.The lesson you need to learn is to never get drunk, it is too dangerous you can do pretty much anything whilst drunk as all your important inhibitions are prevented and you do what you would do in your fantasies/dreams without thought about other people.

I think people are taking this too far if it was man on man it wouldn't be seen as bad and in Eastenders Abby drowned Lauren in water for quite a bit which is probably more dangerous and I doubt Lauren will go to the Police.You should probably get a prison sentence though of a couple of months.
    You realise that Eastenders isn't real, right? It's important to me that you know that.

ReputationRep:
    If the genders were reversed I wonder how the replies would be...

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is wrong with people. You know it's bad when stuff like this doesn't even shock me...

ReputationRep:
    Last night I did something truly terrible and I am very stuck what to do next. I got extremely angry at a girl so I strangled her

I made good friends with the girl beginning of September, she was first introduced to me by my female flatmate and the girl asked me to walk her home, she asked to come around mine the following day when we slept together, we became good sex buddies but we also talked went out and did other things.

I have really bad anxiety so I don't like to get too close to people and it really annoys me when being nice to someone and she/he is horrible back. It takes me ages to see a girl in a relationship way so I'm just seeing it as a good friendship, she wanted to take it further and by the time I was finally interested she lost interested which was rather confusing for me because she liked me.

She starting sleeping with other people behind my back, I wasn't bother about what she was doing fact she was hiding it from me was annoying. We decided it wasn't going to work out so we decided to be friends with no sexual contact.

I started seeing other women and she started seeing other men, we had a good friendship but she started changing only wanting something out of me if she wanted something out of me like 'can I come round yours my flatmates are annoying me' and not proper hang outs which I was dying for

Her attitude towards me really started to bug me so I decided to forget get her out of my life, if I get no respect from her why should I give it back. She is friends with flatmate like I said so my plan of avoiding her didn't work as I go into the kitchen area she is often sat there and I feel uncomfortable, I walk out and go in my room so it isn't ruined for my flatmate.

My flatmate stopped inviting me out, I see photos of them going out so its clear they don't want me involved when all she has to do is come and be nice to me. So being the bigger person I said sorry to her even though I didn't do anything wrong I just didn't want it to get awkward.

So last night I was out seeing another girl I get a text saying to come join them back at the flat, I returned shortly to join them. My flatmate was completely fine chatted with me but the girl didn't even try to start a conversation with me but she talked to everybody else in the room.

I had been drinking quite a bit from before and adding to it back at the flat, I just got extremely angry got up and strangled her. It was all bottled up desperate for her to see how I am..nothing

It was in front of my flatmates, I was pulled off her and she ran into my flatmates room. As I sat down and sobered up a bit I realized that I had done, I would never want to hit a woman or anyone so I felt **** about it as I have a lot female friends and family

I sent texts to both of them to say sorry but no responses so I take they don't want to know but I don't want to keep messaging them so I don't know what to do next. I don't want to be feared or seen as a

Can people please help me. I can't ask anyone in real life because I don't want people to know what I've done. What should I do?
    It seems you were not very communicative about your feelings.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Numan786)
    I'd say exactly the same thing, it's a form of assault and the person has the right to press charges

(this is what doing 3 years of jitsu and learning about these types of incidents have done to me )

ReputationRep:
    x
    Well let's just hope that she reports you to the police and that plenty of the people who were there are willing to give a witness statement verifying that you assaulted her.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry OP. Ignore the people who say that you're going to prison...seems everyone on this thread has a law degree. I think most people are angry about you using the term 'strangling'. This implies that you were infact trying to kill her when it is pretty clear that this is not what you were trying to do. As to the girl, all you can do is apologise and keep your distance. If drinking alcohol makes you see red, dont drink alcohol. It is that straight forward. Hope everything turns out okay for you mate. I'm pretty sure that it will all just blow over.

ReputationRep:
    wow people are dumb I won't be going to prison for a first assault, if she does then the most I'll get is community service. I basically held her by the neck and shouting what I thought of her in my drunken state.

My flatmate to my surprise told me that she was more on my side, I don't know what she said to her is her room but what my flatmate told me is that I was right to stand up for myself and she was tired of her attitude as well, she didn't like I was being singled out and reason she asked me back was to get along.

She is disgusted how I handled the situation but it seems the message has finally gotten through to her even though I did in a horrible way. I want a chat to clear things but she when keeps saying no makes me more frustrated because my intention was to be nice.

it was done purposely to get a reaction out me, she was in my flat and not even a word when I always tried to make a effort with her.

I wouldn't of done that, i wasn't trying to kill her it was more of a threat
    Then you will be fine, just print out this email and take it to the police as it explains the situation, they can tell you if you have committed an offence or not, they might say it's nothing to worry about. But you should tell them the details.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to think that you were justified because this girl was rude or ignored you? And saying you flatmate is sick of her attitude too... It doesn't matter how much of an attitude someone has, how rude they are, you don't strangle them for no reason! How pathetic! She does not HAVE to talk to you because you slept together. You are not ENTITLED to attention from her. Get a grip, get help, and stay away from alcool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Physical violence in any situation, especially to a woman who is likely physically inferior to yourself, is totally abhorrent behaviour and should not be treated fairly. You have serious anger problems, its best to leave the girl alone and go and seek some serious medical help to quell your rage and stress. You are fortunate she has no informed the authorities otherwise you'd be right in the gutter

ReputationRep:
    Dude what the hell

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you had your reasons. Just in case you should probably prepare for the worse, i.e. her informing the University or calling the police.

You will have to face the consequences of not killing her though. Now it's just going to be even more awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Read my mind. This has passive-aggressive friendzoned beta/autist written all over it. Dude would have helped himself by piping up from the outset, instead he bottled it until it all spilled over :rolleyes:

Autist? :/

ReputationRep:
    wow people are dumb I won't be going to prison for a first assault, if she does then the most I'll get is community service. I basically held her by the neck and shouting what I thought of her in my drunken state.

My flatmate to my surprise told me that she was more on my side, I don't know what she said to her is her room but what my flatmate told me is that I was right to stand up for myself and she was tired of her attitude as well, she didn't like I was being singled out and reason she asked me back was to get along.

She is disgusted how I handled the situation but it seems the message has finally gotten through to her even though I did in a horrible way. I want a chat to clear things but she when keeps saying no makes me more frustrated because my intention was to be nice.

it was done purposely to get a reaction out me, she was in my flat and not even a word when I always tried to make a effort with her.

I wouldn't of done that, i wasn't trying to kill her it was more of a threat
    The last bit sounds like you have the great makings of a domestic abuser if you ask me. "Oh I didn't intend to hurt her when I hit her, just wanted to make a threat, just wanted to put her in her place".

Your initial post I admit worried me, but your subsequent posts are even worse. The fact that even when completely sober you still think you are justified, is absolutely shocking.

Yes alcohol reduces inhibitions, but it does not cause you to behave in an overly aggressive way. The rest of the normal population don't become so aggressive when drunk. What you did was not normal drunken behaviour, so stop blaming the alcohol. It is you who strangled someone. You need to accept that.

You need to offer your sincerest apologies to her. And shape up in the mean time.

ReputationRep:
    "He instantly overpowered me, having learned to exploit the physical advantages inherent in about eight years of testosterone-driven musculoskeletal generation and six full inches of height. Should I bake him a cake in apology?"

Hm. No, I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    They'd probably also be reversed knowing TSR

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah, typical university life.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.