Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We have a chance of retaining the FACUP

ReputationRep:
    In

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Yeah, Sky sports saying we've agreed a deal with Villarreal for Paulista in excess of 11m.

Fantastic this.

I hear he's basically a Brazilian Koscielny :sogood:.

ReputationRep:
    I may be crucified later down the line for what I say, but, I think this Gabriel Paulista guy may very well end up being just as good as Koscielny. You can quote me on that. His distribution is not quite there yet, but he has already proven himself against top sides in Spain. Mertesacker's days may be numbered.

ReputationRep:
    He hasn't even played a game for us yet guys. Let's not get carried away Just yet.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely no question about it though, the commitment to quality in this club has returned, we are behaving like a big club again. Spend in the summer was not perfect but showed we are willing to wait for what Wenger thinks is 'top, top, quality". . . the fact that we spent around £80m in the summer and now around £15m on this guy shows us that we are absolutely determined to build a top squad. Personally, I am more excited about the emergence of our young/academy players coming through though in the next few years, i.e. if they make it or not.

Re CDM role: I rate Schneiderlin over Illara based on the games I have watched Illara in. Less glamour to Schneiderlin but I think there is an excellent player in him. Nothing too fancy, but great defensively and a great distributor of the ball. Illara has seemed Flamini-esque in his performances for Real, there lacks a robustness to his game.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Will he go straight in to the first team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Will he go straight in to the first team?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    In

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FA cup winners 2015
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Yes.
    Presume that Mertesacker is off then? All 3 of the German players will probably be sold this summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Presume that Mertesacker is off then? All 3 of the German players will probably be sold this summer.
    Why Gnabry :sad:

and wenger is never getting rid of ozil unless he puts in a transfer request

ReputationRep:
    Wenger is in love with Ozil man, seen the way he looks into his eyes. That's love. He will never be sold.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by swirly)
    Why Gnabry :sad:

and wenger is never getting rid of ozil unless he puts in a transfer request
    Forgot Gnabry even existed tbh I was on about Podolski, remember he's only left on loan.

With Cazorla in excellent form atm, where does Ozil fit in? Not back on the wing again surely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    With a bit of luck he would be, and we'd get a big name to partner Koscielny, but I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Mert and Podolski will.

Ozil most certainly won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Forgot Gnabry even existed tbh I was on about Podolski, remember he's only left on loan.

With Cazorla in excellent form atm, where does Ozil fit in? Not back on the wing again surely.
    Ozil will have to wait until Cazorla needs a rest and deliver.

CDM
    Walcott Cazorla Ozil Alexis
    Giroud

That could be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)

CDM
    Walcott Cazorla Ozil Alexis
    Giroud
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    Is Joel Campbell going to Villareal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Is Joel Campbell going to Villareal?
    Yeah, for £700K.

(Original post by swirly)
    x
    Your knickers wet?

I might do a full team next time and give you an orgasm - may even use bold, italic and underscore.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.