True, you'd make a good couple.
    Naff off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Naff off.
    Everybody needs some love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I'll be honest, you use a lot of jargon and stuff and it can be difficult to read.

but I feel like you don't give everyone enough credit, you assume we're all slaves to our hormones and have no thought processes at all. like your point about 'hypergamy'. you act like women have to follow your rules on how your pseudo science says they should act and it's actually rather insulting that you imply we're all callous *****es who will instantly drop a man as soon as someone you consider 'better' comes along. like God forbid we're actually capable of liking someone for something other then the number of mammoths they could kill

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's OK, I did my best to explain the jargon I used

I understand it's insulting, but these definitions weren't created by me, but a separate philosophy I very reluctantly delved into and came to detest but accept as plausible all the same. In practice it is rather context-sensitive, and more nuanced than the generalisations made here, however I have seen a lot of evidence for the basic principles of TRP as a general, rather than absolute rule

I should explain that the implications are that men are quite callous too (cf. polygamy), all in all rather ****ty for humanity, it's somewhat anti-anthropocentrist!

ReputationRep:
    Just stop talking.

I have a similar problem, every time I open my mouth I piss people off. :sad:
    that's not true, for me at least, you make the odd self-deprecating remark but it's nowhere near on the scale that I share my obsession

(Original post by samba)
    Everybody needs some love.
    But I don't want just anybody to love me. Go away.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you're not worth the love of the people you want. You'll have to compromise.

After all, you need somebody significantly impaired so you can beat them at scrabble and stuff and feel some self worth :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    That's OK, I did my best to explain the jargon I used

I understand it's insulting, but these definitions weren't created by me, but a separate philosophy I very reluctantly delved into and came to detest but accept as plausible all the same. In practice it is rather context-sensitive, and more nuanced than the generalisations made here, however I have seen a lot of evidence for the basic principles of TRP as a general, rather than absolute rule

I should explain that the implications are that men are quite callous too (cf. polygamy), all in all rather ****ty for humanity, it's somewhat anti-anthropocentrist!
    I really don't think there's any way for someone on tsr to help you, you're so convinced by this redpill bull****

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by samba)
    Perhaps you're not worth the love of the people you want. You'll have to compromise.

After all, you need somebody significantly impaired so you can beat them at scrabble and stuff and feel some self worth :moon:
    I know I'm not worth it. No one would miss me if I were dead.

ReputationRep:
    Maz this is not me hitting on you, but please tell me you're not the female version of the Nice Guy who only accepts dating Scarlett Johansson and Candice Swanipoel i can't spell her name
    ?

edit: next comment ^^^ not true at all

Maz this is not me hitting on you, but please tell me you're not the female version of the Nice Guy who only accepts dating Scarlett Johansson and Candice Swanipoel i can't spell her name
    ?
    Wut?

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm not worth it. No one would miss me if I were dead.
    Let's be fair, your parents probably would. And perhaps a bunch of TSR guys lurking the forest.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think there's any way for someone on tsr to help you, you're so convinced by this redpill bull****

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah I'm not 100% certain myself I think if I put in their basic self-improvement measures it might take off some of the anxiety so I don't focus on the crummy bits? Also going to see Relate although I have been told by Ronove that they may not be able to help me.

ReputationRep:
    Wut?
    you say no-one will date you yet you have like 150 followers and probably several guys hitting on you IRL, however what typically happens when this is a guy, is that he wants this hot girl he knows but she doesn't like him back, several other girls are infatuated with him but he's not interested-then he complains he gets no female attention.

(Original post by samba)
    Let's be fair, your parents probably would. And perhaps a bunch of TSR guys lurking the forest.
    No they wouldn't. They're probably ashamed they had such a disgusting daughter.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I'm not 100% certain myself I think if I put in their basic self-improvement measures it might take off some of the anxiety so I don't focus on the crummy bits? Also going to see Relate although I have been told by Ronove that they may not be able to help me.
    ive never heard of relate (maybe an English thing?) but I think you'd be better off seeing a proper therapist

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ive never heard of relate (maybe an English thing?) but I think you'd be better off seeing a proper therapist

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it is apparently couples counselling yeah English. Still on a waiting list for NHS Step 4, I don't think they'll help me with this theory itself tbh, just my reactions to it

ReputationRep:
    No they wouldn't. They're probably ashamed they had such a disgusting daughter.
    Nah, parents truly do love their kids regardless :moon:

And look on the bright side, you're not the OP.

ReputationRep:
    it is apparently couples counselling yeah English. Still on a waiting list for NHS Step 4, I don't think they'll help me with this theory itself tbh, just my reactions to it
    hmm doesn't seem particularly suitable since you're not a couple :confused:

I had a nhs therapist when I was younger and they really helped me. my obsessive thoughts and anxieties were different to yours but impacted my life fairly severely and the lady really helped reduce and rationalise these thoughts. hopefully the same will happen for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)

I've never seen you so vicious and evil before :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    I've never seen you so vicious and evil before :lol:
    he's positively callous to me these days

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.