Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

African Americans are the prettiest "Blacks" in the World... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    I bet you OP isn't even black
    Mam I'm from Atlanta,GA and went to an HBCU...I'm as black as you could get LOL.... A

ReputationRep:
    Yh but these Ethiopian chicks tho...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vdoto)
    Ok, your opinion. I personally think there is no race who has the most good looking people. Anyway your opinion still debunks the OP's if you look at it from their perspective, so a West Indian from the US is better looking than a West Indian from the UK? Makes no sense.
    No no, that's not the moral of what I was saying. I never once stated or implied that a West Indian from the US is better looking than a West Indian from the UK. And plus anyway I'm West Indian and from the UK, so I would never say the former. You're right, not one race is better-looking than any other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beyoncstan)
    UK Blacks are generally 1st or 2nd generation immigrants. African Americans have been in America for 500+ years and contain heavy percentages of European\Native American blood.

So fair skinned blacks in the UK are what yall call "Mixed Race"

Fair Skin blacks in America are BLACK not "mixed race" Only 3 million of the 40 Million plus blacks in America are "biracial". So "LightSkin" African Americas are fairly common about 30-40% of Americans .
    So you think African Americans are prettiest because they are generally lighter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoniC255)
    No no, that's not the moral of what I was saying. I never once stated or implied that a West Indian from the US is better looking than a West Indian from the UK. And plus anyway I'm West Indian and from the UK, so I would never say the former. You're right, not one race is better-looking than any other.
    I know you didn't mean that. Was just taking your opinion to make a point about OPs haha

ReputationRep:
    Superodels are not the same type level famous as Hollywood Singers & Actress. Iman was the first African Supermodel but The first Black Supermodel was Beverley Johnson , Tyra Banks is the 3rd richest model of all time with a network of almost 100 Million.

I'm speaking on the terms of Mega Global Icons like Josephine Baker, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson Mariah Carey, Beyonce etc.. There are no African women remotely close to be on that level of fame.
    Yeah, there's a difference, the majority of countries in Africa are third world, USA is on a totally different scale in terms of: affluence, power and stature to Africa, of course a country like America will be able to produce such celebrities, Africa doesn't have the capacity to promote there beauties, Africa has alot of hidden gems they are just not exposed to the public eye as much as America.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vdoto)
    I know you didn't mean that. Was just taking your opinion to make a point about OPs haha
    Aha lol that's cool

ReputationRep:
    UK Blacks are generally 1st or 2nd generation immigrants. African Americans have been in America for 500+ years and contain heavy percentages of European\Native American blood.

So fair skinned blacks in the UK are what yall call "Mixed Race"

Fair Skin blacks in America are BLACK not "mixed race" Only 3 million of the 40 Million plus blacks in America are "biracial". So "LightSkin" African Americas are fairly common about 30-40% of Americans .
    Now just to clarify, you're not extending this notion to argue that because, to your mind, there is a higher proportion of fair skinned African Americans than black people in other countries that African American are intrinsically more beautiful?

**sips tea and awaits response**

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vdoto)
    So you think African Americans are prettiest because they are generally lighter?
    That was obvious from the first post with the giant semicircle of Black Barbie TMs. Someone's obviously trolling - as for whether they genuinely can't pick up on their (potentially genuine? not sure how much the trolling is based on truth) preference for black women that meet the caucasian-esque standard of beauty held up by the fashion and beauty industry, I don't know.

If you prefer women with shoulder-length Barbie hair and fairer skin, fair enough - but don't kid yourself that you're in a cultural vacuum and it's because of some kind of inherent greater beauty.

ReputationRep:
    tsr and its bizarre obsession with those of african decent XD this thread is really pathetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur_de_haine)
    Now just to clarify, you're not extending this notion to argue that because, to your mind, there is a higher proportion of fair skinned African Americans than black people in other countries that African American are intrinsically more beautiful?

**sips tea and awaits response**

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Actually that's not what I'm saying but that is partially the reason why African Americans have a different look than West Africans, UK Blacks etc.. Now of course not all Blacks in America are fair skinned the majority are not but our features are different than the rest of the diaspora.

Americans just look a little different compared to the Jamaican team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    That was obvious from the first post with the giant semicircle of Black Barbie TMs. Someone's obviously trolling - as for whether they genuinely can't pick up on their (potentially genuine? not sure how much the trolling is based on truth) preference for black women that meet the caucasian-esque standard of beauty held up by the fashion and beauty industry, I don't know.

If you prefer women with shoulder-length Barbie hair and fairer skin, fair enough - but don't kid yourself that you're in a cultural vacuum and it's because of some kind of inherent greater beauty.
    I didn't pay attention to the picture or video OP posted so checked it. Erm from what I saw there were a range of skin tones so that's why I asked what I asked.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone on this thread of african decent ????????????????????????????????

ReputationRep:
    Actually that's not what I'm saying but that is partially the reason why African Americans have a different look than West Africans, UK Blacks etc.. Now of course not all Blacks in America are fair skinned the majority are not but our features are different than the rest of the diaspora.

Americans just look a little different compared to the Jamaican team
    Yeah the Jamaicans look relatively healthier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)

This is African American beauty you'e putting too much into it!

ReputationRep:
    How is that not generalizing? How you proclaim to love Black people but not African Americans when African American culture is by far the most dominant black culture. I guarantee all the stuff you love about Black people was invented by African Americans. I bet you love Rock n Roll, Techno, House music right All invented by African Americans.
    I'd say close to 100% negative stereotypes of black women come from African Americans. Every black female portrayal in the media is either angry, nagging, hysterical, overtly sexual, craving a white man and...possibly as a slave in some historical film from time to time. I'd be glad to disassociate myself from that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes89)
    I'd say close to 100% negative stereotypes of black women come from African Americans. Every black female portrayal in the media is either angry, nagging, hysterical, overtly sexual, craving a white man and...possibly as a slave in some historical film from time to time. I'd be glad to disassociate myself from that.
    I couldn't agree more. If anything, I feel like African American culture degrades black people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blitterflicker)
    I couldn't agree more. I find that if anything African Americans degrade black people...
    They certainly don't paint a positive image.

ReputationRep:
    As opposed to the self reliant and peacefully democratic image forwarded by those African communities in........

ReputationRep:

General White Opinions of Africa:

Poor
    Uncivilized
    AIDS
    Dangerous
    Ugly
    Dictators
    3rd World

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.