Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    COMPULSORY THINGS DUE IN FOR END OF EASTER HOLS

This is a little reminder for myself so I don't go back to school and curse myself for forgetting something.

MATHS past paper 1 [x]
    MATHS past paper 1 [x]
    MATHS past paper 2 [x]
    MATHS past paper 2 []
    FRENCH past paper 1 [x]
    FRENCH past paper 1 (2nd go) [x]
    FRENCH past paper 1 [x]
    FRENCH past paper 1 (2nd go) [x]
    FRENCH specimen paper 1 [x]
    FRENCH specimen paper 1 (2nd go) [x]
    List of text types for FRENCH paper 2 [x]
    Rewrite FRENCH letter to MP [x]
    Rewrite FRENCH letter to friend abt museum [x]
    BIOLOGY Option H past paper []
    ENGLISH essay [x]

ReputationRep:
    Day 6 Easter Hols: 08/04/2015

I went to the library and did two French past papers. Spent around 2 hours there.

ReputationRep:
    Day 7 Easter Hols: 09/04/2015

AHHH, nearly forgot to post! 14 minutes before the end of the day :P today I did half of the French specimen paper and did part of chapter 3 from the maths textbook. Got some help from some TSRians and finally watched a video on respiration ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Day 8 Easter Hols: 10/04/2015

I went to school for 4 and a half hours today as my biology teacher offered to go over a few topics with the biology classes! There were around 20 of us so it was quite an effective revision session. In this revision session we went over sex linkage, photosynthesis, muscles and protein synthesis. Considering that I kinda neglected biology so far in my revision, I'm glad that I had the opportunity to go to school and learn things in the proper environment.

Tomorrow I don't think I will get much done as I am going to the applicant holder day at Kent University.

ReputationRep:
    Day 10 Easter Hols: 12/04/2015

My gosh, I am so tired right now. Yesterday was a complete waste of time and energy. I'm starting to question my sanity on why I chose my firm and insurance without visiting the universities. I love Exeter but Kent was just... I don't know, plain? The campus was scattered and it just doesn't feel 'homely'. I felt sick on the car journey there and I slept for around 15 hours in total when I got home. I regret booking an applicant day there now because my neck is stiff, my head is pounding and I feel really detached from my surroundings - hardly no energy to revise.

However I will attempt to get off the internet and finish the maths past paper that I started in the lesson and possibly do more maths questions from the textbook?

Finish maths paper [x]
    Questions from textbook [x]

ReputationRep:
    Day 11 Easter Hols: 12/04/2015

Write list of text types for French P2 [x]
    Questions from maths text book [x]

Update 20:31

Also did part of a maths past paper.

ReputationRep:
    Final Day Easter Hols: 19/04/2015

Well I didn't update because my brother came to visit from America so I wanted to spend as much time as possible with him but I still managed to do some revision. Today I did at least 7 hours of revision and work... I'm really shattered and am looking forward to an early night before school tomorrow. I have 2 more weeks before my exams start and I'm starting to feel the strain... hopefully I won't crash under the pressure.

ReputationRep:
    25/04/2015 Update

Well since year 13 is officially over and study leave starts next week, I thought I'd post my exam timetable and every exam I will post my thoughts on how it went. Also I will continue to post how I revise.

ReputationRep:
    IB Exam Timetable

Date - Subject - How I think it went

4th May - English P1 - Pretty happy with my first exam, was much better than I expected. Hopefully I did well!
    5th May - English P2 - Meh, it was okay... the titles were not as hard as I thought they would be but I had a mind-blank when it came to quotes and rambled a lot xD not sure if I answered the actual question...
    6th May - Biology P1 - Okayish, unsure on some of my answers but hoping for the best!
    6th May - Biology P2 - I thought I did okay in the exam but I don't think I wrote in enough detail! I'll have to get high marks in the exam tomorrow so I can achieve a 6/7. Fingers crossed.
    7th May - Biology P3 - 50/50 confidence on this one. I crammed last night and before the exam but not sure if it was enough.
    12th May - Maths P1 - Really confident! This was the easiest exam by far, really glad I went over probability and sequences last night before I went to bed because those two came up and I was really confused on it before.
    13th May - Maths P2 - HATE PROBABILITY SO MUCH! Probability is one of my weakest topics in maths, apart from that, it was good. There seemed to be a lot of trial and error which I caught onto eventually but hopefully I can achieve that 7 in maths!
    18th May - French P1 - HORRIBLEEEEEEE, WORST EXAM SO FAR. DIDN'T UNDERSTAND HALF THE WORDS IN THE TEXTS AND MOST OF IT WAS GUESS WORK.
    19th May - Comp Sci P1 - I seem to be saying 'better than expected' for a lot of these exams. This exam was better than expected so hopefully I will obtain a 5.
    19th May - French P2 - Meh... 50/50 chance of me getting a good grade in French. Wrote around 310 words but that was all I could do.
    19th May - Geography P1 - Eyyy, this was okay. Apart from a couple questions but the rest was fine.
    20th May - Geography P2 - Yeah think this went okay.
    20th May - Geography P3 - I rambled on about globalisation :P hopefully I answered the question properly.
    20th May - Comp Sci P2 - Hardest exam.
    20th May - Comp Sci P3 - Okayish, apart from last question.

My exams are really squashed together and I have 7 exams in the final 2 days This is quite worrying as they are 3 different subjects and I don't want to get confused!

ReputationRep:
    28/04/2015 Update

Today I went to school at 9am and left at 13:10. I managed to finish my English notes and did French revision. My French teacher also came and tonight I will do some maths exercises.

​Total hours revision: 5

ReputationRep:
    29/04/2015 Update

Went to school again and did maths/biology this time.

​Total hours revision: 4

ReputationRep:
    30/04/2015

Total hours revision: 3

(Ehh why is my revision time going down? Aiming for 5 tomorrow)

ReputationRep:
    01/05/2015

Total hours revision: 4

ReputationRep:
    02/05/2015

Been doing biology for an hour so far. Going to be doing biology up until Thursday, with a couple hours of English tomorrow and Monday. I've started topic 5 biology and started a paper 2 past paper. I will be updating my revision hours as I update my progress.

Done 3 paper 1 past papers.. averaging around 50% on these, need to learn the concepts of every topic in order to get these easy marks.

Total hours revision: 3

ReputationRep:
    03/05/2015

Done 3 more past papers... my mark is still around the same. Panicking a bit now, English exam tomorrow is the least of my worries when I care about biology far more. I will revise English tonight before I go to bed but the rest of the day will be biology.

Drawn diagrams which I will try to remember for all of the SL topics, I will do the HL topics tomorrow. Really panicking right now, I really need to do well in biology but I can't seen to remember processes!!!

Well it's 10pm and I have done another past paper, got 75% this time, pretty happy. Need to learn from my mistakes otherwise I'm not going to get anywhere. I also watched a couple videos on DNA replication, meiosis and mitosis. I will now revise English for my exam tomorrow.

Total hours revision: 7

ReputationRep:
    Results day: 6th July

What I hope to get - What I think I got from exams - Final grade

English: 5 - 6 -
    French: 5 - 5 -
    Maths: 7 - 7 -
    Biology - 7 - 5 -
    Comp Sci - 5 - 5 -
    Geography - 7 - 6 -

ReputationRep:
    7 Exams Complete Update

So 3 subjects are done... many IB people have already finished their exams and I'm quite envious but I'm looking forward to the end of it all! I'm quite annoyed at myself for not trying hard on the easiest subjects e.g. English and trust me, I know I will neglect French as well. Surely the most common-sense thing to do is to get the highest grades in the easiest subjects and then do what you can for the harder ones. Can't believe I had only thought of that a few days ago but I can't do anything about that now.

Tomorrow is French P1 and I'm planning on doing a past paper tonight, getting up early tomorrow and going to school before the exam so I can do another past paper and look at vocab. I will also concentrate on revision for computer science P1 tonight, I had just dug up my CS textbook from under my revision notes and realised that it had almost everything I need! I never noticed that before, even though I've had the book for 2 years, silly me.

So all I can really do now is put my head down for this final stretch of 8 exams for monday, tuesday and wednesday! Fingers crossed that they go okay :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    Well IB exams are over for me now. Bring on the long wait until results...
    *Hopes for good results*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kangie)
    Well IB exams are over for me now. Bring on the long wait until results...
    *Hopes for good results*
    Fingers crossed for you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.