Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The OFFICIAL list-a-single-advantage-of-multiculturalism thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ttank)
    Multiculturalism is good because if we all blend together into one race, it avoids things like nationalism which can lead to another Holocaust and also it contains many Holocaust deniers.

Blending together tends to reduce the number of Holocaust deniers. It's also good because it encourages One World Government / Shadow Government organisations like the United Nations.so we can save the world from Global Warming.

There is a further benefits, in that if we import exotic species then it means that there is less chance of people seeing Jewish people as different, therefore less chance of another Holocaust. Also George Galloway said that people who use zoo analogies in this debate are Nazis. Then there is a further argument that race is just a social construct. And a social construct that leads to the Holocaust. White people especially can't be trusted with this because of the Holocaust even though they are not white but just believe they are because of the social construct.

What would be better would be to adopt an ideology that makes everyone equal and deals with people who don't want everyone to be equal. We don't need to worry how it deals with these people because it's for the greater good. You would start with people who had bad thoughts in their head and attempt to reeducate them before attempting harsher measures.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It does not blend everyone into one race. it eradicates white people by displacing them

ReputationRep:
    "Rich people have always stayed on top by dividing white people from colored people
    but white people got more in common with colored people then they do with rich people
    we just gotta eliminate them. White people, black people, brown people, yellow people, get rid of 'em all
    All we need is a voluntary, free spirited, open-ended program of procreative racial deconstruction
    Everybody just gotta keep ****in' everybody til they're all the same color"

ReputationRep:
    Genetic variety reduces the potential of disease propagation in a population of organisms.

In layman's terms, a more diverse set of races means that epidemics are less likely to spread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    NB replies of "we lack certain skills" will be met with laughs. The majority of immigrants are low-skilled, doing jobs any British person could do.
    Right, but aside from the fact they don't, they often don't do them as well.

If I had to hire a labourer I'd pick the Polish guy who made the effort to cross the continent to get a job over the typical Brit with no hesitation whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Right, but aside from the fact they don't, they often don't do them as well.

If I had to hire a labourer I'd pick the Polish guy who made the effort to cross the continent to get a job over the typical Brit with no hesitation whatsoever.
    If-you-remove-their-benefits-people-will-do-anything.......

ReputationRep:
    There are no benefits of mass immigration from the third world. But as Japan shows, you can have multiculturalism without mass immigration from the third world.

immigration and multiculturalism are not the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Opposition to multiculturalism suggests a support for monoculturalism surely?

To me that a) sounds boring as **** and b) would probably require some hefty level of oppression to maintain.

ReputationRep:
    If-you-remove-their-benefits-people-will-do-anything.......
    You can't make people do anything well by threatening to take away their benefits. It's just not possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Opposition to multiculturalism suggests a support for monoculturalism surely?

To me that a) sounds boring as **** and b) would probably require some hefty level of oppression to maintain.
    ...and there is no such thing as a 'monocultural' society, at least in our modern world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viceroy)
    ...and there is no such thing as a 'monocultural' society, at least in our modern world.
    North Korea?

People derive culture from a multitude of places, there always has and always will be people who choose to not define themselves within the parameters of 'mainstream' culture. Multiculturalism isn't new or a result of immigration. Is the natural order of any society with even the smallest modicum of freedom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    North Korea?

People derive culture from a multitude of places, there always has and always will be people who choose to not define themselves within the parameters of 'mainstream' culture. Multiculturalism isn't new or a result of immigration. Is the natural order of any society with even the smallest modicum of freedom.
    Yeah I guess North Korea would be an example, but I was thinking more of Western society.

ReputationRep:
    I get the feeling you arent interested in facts or figures, or you might have taken note of this:
    http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/...11/05_oecd.jpg

See that household contribution? On average it's about level for the UK.

And skilled migrants are needed when there's higher proportions of people in foreign countries with better written English, maths and science ability. There is a skills gap, and no amount of pig headedness can change the fact that the average British child isnt being given enough in the way of education. With fee hikes and less people wanting to go to uni, how do you reckon we're going to fill the skills gaps in years to come?

India has an abundance of engineers and skilled workers, which are lacking in the UK. That's a point from industry and not a politicians mouth. Who do you trust? Simple Google for stats if youre challenging anything factually please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    You can't make people do anything well by threatening to take away their benefits. It's just not possible.
    Why not?

Starve or work? Why is that not possible?

ReputationRep:
    Why not?

Starve or work? Why is that not possible?
    I'm not entirely sure you're not trolling me.

I assume that it is possible to force people to accept (after finding) a job, and that you could make everyone do some work that way. You can't make everyone as industrious and effective as the Polish guy I said I'd rather hire.

The problem is that some people are just better workers than others. If I have a global pool of workers, it's always likely that I'll be able to bring someone in from abroad who is better than everyone available to me. This is especially so because immigrant workers, especially from poor countries, tend by their nature to be quite good. They've already shown the initiative to get here in the first place.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.