Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I wear the hijab and everyone on the tube stares at me :/ watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LTG)
    No, I am genuinely worried for your safety.

Please stay safe sister.
    thank you but why would you be so worried?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    guys i was so confident on the commute back from uni today the paranoia IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone living in London cares. Even I don't. You're just being paranoid, that's all.
    Especially when it comes to public transport, Londoners are famous for looking into your souls rudely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alsklinq)
    I don't think anyone living in London cares. Even I don't. You're just being paranoid, that's all.
    Especially when it comes to public transport, Londoners are famous for looking into your souls rudely.
    hahaha yeah i was just paranoid i took everyones advice and i was alot more confident on the commute home.

btw why do they look so rude?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyGirl101)
    hahaha yeah i was just paranoid i took everyones advice and i was alot more confident on the commute home.

btw why do they look so rude?
    That's good! Hope your confidence stays with you
    No idea why Londoners look so rude in general, I guess its just a way to avoid any interactions haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyGirl101)
    I live in london and everytime im on the tube to work/school (in the mornings and evenings when i leave), I feel like the people on the train (who are mostly white) stare at me and even feel like maybe they think i'm a threat to them :/ idk if im being paranoid but do other muslim girls (who wear hijab) feel like this?
    I guess i just feel uneasy and the odd one out. I live in a multi-cultural area so as soon as im in my local area, i feel automatically at ease
    I dont think you are paranoid. Wearing a hijab makes you a target, just like wearing Jedi robes or a bikini.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodAtum)
    I dont think you are paranoid. Wearing a hijab makes you a target, just like wearing Jedi robes or a bikini.

I cant even believe youre comparing jedi ropes and bikinjs to a hijab :eek:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.