The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Firmers 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE
That's great! I applied in January but I haven't gotten my offer yet so hopefully it will come in soon. Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Good luck! I've put Turing as my first three, with the top two being the flats :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 41
If anyone applied for business management how long did it take to receive your offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
I just firmed my place at Kent to do Autism Studies!
Original post by chloelindsayx
Good luck! I've put Turing as my first three, with the top two being the flats :smile:

Ahhh is it close to where the classes are being held?
Ahhh is it close to where the classes are being held?

I think theyre all quite close together, Turing was definitely the nicest one. On the open day I'm sure they said psychology will be in Keynes, we walked around the whole campus in about 20 minutes so it's not too far
I think theyre all quite close together, Turing was definitely the nicest one. On the open day I'm sure they said psychology will be in Keynes, we walked around the whole campus in about 20 minutes so it's not too far

Oh wow that seems pretty compact so I guess it'll be easy to get around, could you tell me more about the open day. I couldn't come to any of them because I'm an international student and I live miles away from the UK.
I can't decide which country to go to yet 😁 I think I'm going to decide when we've been told a bit more about each one

Ah, ok. Which language are you studying?
Original post by LaurelEvermore
Ah, ok. Which language are you studying?

Hey are you doing Bsc Psychology with studies in europe?
Hey are you doing Bsc Psychology with studies in europe?

Hi, yeah. I applied for the course. :smile: I'm kinda undecided whether I want to go to Kent or Lancaster so I haven't firmed yet. Are you doing this course too? If so, what language have you chosen? And by the way, which one is Turing? I looked at the accommodation site and there isn't a place called Turing...
Oh wow that seems pretty compact so I guess it'll be easy to get around, could you tell me more about the open day. I couldn't come to any of them because I'm an international student and I live miles away from the UK.

The campus was lovely, so much nicer than the others I visited. We had a subject talk with one of the lecturers and he was really nice, then we viewed the labs and research centre and I fell in love with it! There's some really amazing resources for whatever you choose to do. Do you have any specific questions?
Original post by LaurelEvermore
Hi, yeah. I applied for the course. :smile: I'm kinda undecided whether I want to go to Kent or Lancaster so I haven't firmed yet. Are you doing this course too? If so, what language have you chosen? And by the way, which one is Turing? I looked at the accommodation site and there isn't a place called Turing...

I haven't gotten my offer yet but I'm pretty confident about getting in, I don't know if I'll firm Kent either because I'm stuck between Glasgow and Kent but Kent will surely be my insurance if not my firm. Ummm I actually have no idea because I am not learning any of the languages right now, but I was thinking Spanish or French or I might just pick the international relations course instead. What about you? There is actually the Turing halls and they only offer in suite. I might pick Keynes or Turing, haven't decided yet :smile:
Reply 51
I haven't gotten my offer yet but I'm pretty confident about getting in, I don't know if I'll firm Kent either because I'm stuck between Glasgow and Kent but Kent will surely be my insurance if not my firm. Ummm I actually have no idea because I am not learning any of the languages right now, but I was thinking Spanish or French or I might just pick the international relations course instead. What about you? There is actually the Turing halls and they only offer in suite. I might pick Keynes or Turing, haven't decided yet :smile:

When did you send off your application and for what course did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The campus was lovely, so much nicer than the others I visited. We had a subject talk with one of the lecturers and he was really nice, then we viewed the labs and research centre and I fell in love with it! There's some really amazing resources for whatever you choose to do. Do you have any specific questions?

Which other units did you visit? That sounds great! I'm just a bit worried about the modules because the first year ones seem so basic and similar because I'm doing psychology right now. Did you see the Keynes halls? How do they compare to the Turing ones? Also how are the sports facilities and the different societies? Is the campus compact or spread out? Sorry I have so many questions :/ :biggrin:
Original post by r-t
When did you send off your application and for what course did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent it off in January and I applied for Bsc psychology with studies in Europe. You?
Reply 54
I sent it off in January and I applied for Bsc psychology with studies in Europe. You?

I sent if off on feb 27th through extra for business management

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which other units did you visit? That sounds great! I'm just a bit worried about the modules because the first year ones seem so basic and similar because I'm doing psychology right now. Did you see the Keynes halls? How do they compare to the Turing ones? Also how are the sports facilities and the different societies? Is the campus compact or spread out? Sorry I have so many questions :/ :biggrin:

I visited Brighton, Canterbury Christ Church and Sussex. There was only one hall open for us to view and that was Tyler court (I think!!) the gym is good, apparently you can get a membership for something like £50 a year which is really cheap. There's absolutely loads of societies, all listed at the bottom of this page: http://www.kentunion.co.uk/activities/societies/. The campus is spread out, it's like a village but I managed to walk from one side to the other in about 20 minutes (it would take a lot longer to walk around the whole thing) there's a cinema and a theatre and loads more things to do!
Reply 56
Firmed for Computer Science, anyone else taking it?
I visited Brighton, Canterbury Christ Church and Sussex. There was only one hall open for us to view and that was Tyler court (I think!!) the gym is good, apparently you can get a membership for something like £50 a year which is really cheap. There's absolutely loads of societies, all listed at the bottom of this page: http://www.kentunion.co.uk/activities/societies/. The campus is spread out, it's like a village but I managed to walk from one side to the other in about 20 minutes (it would take a lot longer to walk around the whole thing) there's a cinema and a theatre and loads more things to do!

Oh cool! so what is your insurance? That sounds good. Oh gosh now I'm confused between Glasgow and Kent I really like both and I hope I could go for both lol. Hey and one more thing I was just going through their undergraduate prospectus and they said you will need to have done one of the languages offered on the course but I haven't done any, do you think that will be an issue?
Reply 58
Got an offer from Kent today and Thinking of firming it for business management. Anyone else thinking of doing the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh cool! so what is your insurance? That sounds good. Oh gosh now I'm confused between Glasgow and Kent I really like both and I hope I could go for both lol. Hey and one more thing I was just going through their undergraduate prospectus and they said you will need to have done one of the languages offered on the course but I haven't done any, do you think that will be an issue?

My insurance is Greenwich, that shouldn't be a problem I haven't done any languages since gcse and I'm not up to degree standard!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending