Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, Tulips or Roses for Valentines Day? watch

• View Poll Results: What Type of Flowers Would You Prefer on Valentine's Day?
    Tulips
    30.77%
    Roses
    69.23%

ReputationRep:
    All flowers are nice but roses are definitely the symbol of love and are best suited for Valentine's day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Really? I have never heard this before.

And yellow is jealousy or friendship, so that's a no too.
    Yep it was the anti-climax of the film for me.
    I wouldn't mind getting green roses if that's any closer to jealousy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viridiana)
    All flowers are nice but roses are definitely the symbol of love and are best suited for Valentine's day
    Yes, roses seem to be winning out on this thread, so I think this may be what I go for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leavemyarcelona)
    Yes, roses seem to be winning out on this thread, so I think this may be what I go for.
    Try not to be too cliché like a dozen red or one single red because that = unimaginative/safe/boring/lazy

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've never been a massive fan of tulips (something about the fact that we had to dissect them in class once) so if those are the only options, then I would go for roses.

But there are plenty of other flowers around - lilies are lovely, as are orchids and narcissi, so if you want to do something different then there are lots of alternatives to roses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Folion)
    Try not to be too cliché like a dozen red or one single red because that = unimaginative/safe/boring/lazy

(Original post by Plumstone)
    Well, I've never been a massive fan of tulips (something about the fact that we had to dissect them in class once) so if those are the only options, then I would go for roses.

But there are plenty of other flowers around - lilies are lovely, as are orchids and narcissi, so if you want to do something different then there are lots of alternatives to roses.

These are the roses that I've picked out, what do you guys think:
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: png Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 16.11.01.png (334.4 KB)

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, neither. I'd rather a bouquet of an assortment of pretty looking flowers, or lilies as they are my favourite flower.

For the sake of this thread though, I'll go with roses

ReputationRep:
    These are the roses that I've picked out, what do you guys think:
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    It says this

ReputationRep:
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    It says this
    Hmm, ah well, here is a link to a website, not sure if this will work either though:

http://www.go-dutch.ie/our-complete-...hand-tied.html

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, ah well, here is a link to a website, not sure if this will work either though:

Yeah now I can see them. WOW it seems really impressive and beautiful, she will be impressed for sure! Also, A LOT of money, hope she's worth it haha

ReputationRep:

It says you are a caring and nice person but that you aren't very imaginative and perhaps a bit predictable. There are lots of lovely flowers on that site mind you, I quite like some of the bouquets that are a mix of roses and other flowers. I personally liked the pink roses rather than the red but that's just personal.

ReputationRep:
    Roses. Valentine's day is so sweet, it's a shame I have no one to spend the day with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afghan Warrior)
    Roses. Valentine's day is so sweet, it's a shame I have no one to spend the day with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do something nice for a stranger then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Do something nice for a stranger then!
    I do that already.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :curious: Plants?

More like diamonds and chocolates, big guy.

ReputationRep:
    I like tulips personally, the dark purple ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontas lol)
    :curious: Plants?

More like diamonds and chocolates, big guy.
    The flowers are only one of her gifts.

ReputationRep:
    Try and find out what she likes from her friends, Facebook or something like, e.g Instagram. Try and make it personal, roses are the generic valentines day present. If she is into American Horror Story then she may like black roses. Hope I could help ☺️👍🌹

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Two dozen of each

ReputationRep:
    I'll be sending flowers to a special someone on Valentine's Day, but I can't decide between Tulips or Roses. What would be your preference?

Definitely roses. more expensive but definitely worth it for that someone special

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.