The Student Room Group

I never seem to get called good looking or intelligent, this makes me feel sad :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shostakovish
Lots of people are like this. Like myself. It doesn't matter really.

Does it not bother you that you are mediocre and your life is relatively insignificant? Does it not distress you to think one day you may be forgotten and yet others who are great are remembered by millions?
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Bitchy as hell, my point precisely

She's right though.

A couple years back I was a skinny dweeb with terrible skin, a haircut that aged me horridly. I was the kind of guy the girls would treat as an invisible entity.

I sorted all that **** out.

Fast forward 2 years and now girls can barely keep their hands off me (no joke). When I go out I get girls saying the most obscure **** ('im so happy I met you'), taking me by the hand and leading me to the dancefloor, initiating make outs etc

Most people have it in them to look attractive but do little about it.
Does it not bother you that you are mediocre and your life is relatively insignificant? Does it not distress you to think one day you may be forgotten and yet others who are great are remembered by millions?

Why does it bother you?
Original post by Plastic Face
Why does it bother you?

Reread Paradise Found. Whatever counsellors convince me to think of myself, if I do not achieve results in the form of great success, I am lying to myself, I am lesser tha them.
Original post by ParadiseFound
She's right though.

A couple years back I was a skinny dweeb with terrible skin, a haircut that aged me horridly. I was the kind of guy the girls would treat as an invisible entity.

I sorted all that **** out.

Fast forward 2 years and now girls can barely keep their hands off me (no joke). When I go out I get girls saying the most obscure **** ('im so happy I met you'), taking me by the hand and leading me to the dancefloor, initiating make outs etc

Most people have it in them to look attractive but do little about it.

Great, prove to OP why you're better tha him. Tell him what happens to begas-te him about the divorce, the cheating, the depression. Tell him no ine cares, least of all the gks. Just give him the ****ing truth. I alread have the truth, I have a split lip and scars of my arm to prove it
Great, prove to OP why you're better tha him. Tell him what happens to begas-te him about the divorce, the cheating, the depression. Tell him no ine cares, least of all the gks. Just give him the ****ing truth. I alread have the truth, I have a split lip and scars of my arm to prove it

TSR community Riku needs help srs, someone call the popo
TSR community Riku needs help srs, someone call the popo

You mean e erx word you said and I have scars to prove I understand its weight. What is wrong with that?
Maybe youre not good looking or intelligent?
Original post by infairverona
Maybe youre not good looking or intelligent?

Haha give it to him give truth make it hurt until he changes
Original post by Multitalented me
The main compliments I seem to receive from the few people that I know is that I'm nice/lovely/sweet/friendly/funny but yeah seemingly never the aforementioned two qualities, it would just make me feel kinda good if people could say that I'm handsome or intelligent as well :daydreaming: (& preferably not family or older people to be totally honest). Anyway I dunno why I made this thread really :erm: Anyone else who can empathise perhaps?...

Show us a picture of yourself?

Well I can't say either way can I? I don't know him. But there are far worse things to be anywa
You mean e erx word you said and I have scars to prove I understand its weight. What is wrong with that?

Your babble is incomprehensible brah

Is filling his head with lies going to be any less harmful in the long term ?
Is filling his head with lies going to be any less harmful in the long term ?

Jesus christ this better be Nate
Original post by infairverona
Well I can't say either way can I? I don't know him. But there are far worse things to be anywa

There are few worse things than to be both undesirable and useless.
be grateful some people dont get anything at all...
Jesus christ this better be Nate

I'm not Nate and if you think im some arrogant narcissist trying to undermine his confidence your wrong.

I was once in a similar position to his and at times I had thoughts as dark as yours. My confidence was incredibly small. But I improved myself.

Sometimes as hurtful as the truth might be its a wholly necessary boot ine right ddirection.
Reply 57
Ahahaha you are moaning about not getting complimented enough, yet you got the best compliment you can get, you're funny! :biggrin:
I'm not Nate and if you think im some arrogant narcissist trying to undermine his confidence your wrong.

I was once in a similar position to his and at times I had thoughts as dark as yours. My confidence was incredibly small. But I improved myself.

Sometimes as hurtful as the truth might be its a wholly necessary boot ine right ddirection.

There is no reason to know that OP is not already objectively quite any X positive trait. The nature of perfectionism is go never be happy withojt anything less than perfection so I will always be a little self loatjing with my current mindset.
Bitchy as hell, my point precisely

Nice spot of sexism there. Guys like you complain when you get sympathy compliments - "omg its so patronising when girls tell me I'm sweet" - yet when someone is actually honest and most importantly constructive, you don't want to hear it.

Your bitterness aside, what I said is true. It's all about basic branding - what separates you from every other person out there? You can't put a can of blank white label beans on the shelf and expect it to sell. In other words it's rare for people who make no effort to get compliments.

Quick Reply

Latest