Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemurphy1)
    I ran out of time for the final 15 mark question!!! I felt there was too much on India, there was no mention on the other BRIC countries at all... I felt like I was repeating myself alot
    Lets hope there are lower grade boundaries to suit as most people didnt finish (at my school anyway). If you look at June 2011 paper, the section A is basically identical so you can check your answers there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level sufferer)
    Lets hope there are lower grade boundaries to suit as most people didnt finish (at my school anyway). If you look at June 2011 paper, the section A is basically identical so you can check your answers there
    Last year you could drop 20ish marks and still get an A*... so hopefully It wont be too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Last year you could drop 20ish marks and still get an A*... so hopefully It wont be too bad.
    Yeah, well whats done is done now, How are you feeling about Unit 4?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well whats done is done now, How are you feeling about Unit 4?
    Hoping I can do sooo much better to be fair! Got all my resources ready so I guess its gonna' be a long week haha... How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hoping I can do sooo much better to be fair! Got all my resources ready so I guess its gonna' be a long week haha... How about you?
    Yeah same, Im just going to go through the whole Unit one more time and then dissect the extract.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same, Im just going to go through the whole Unit one more time and then dissect the extract.
    Have you got the Tutor2U resource??

Are you doing Economics and Business?? If so do you get the same case study on Center Parcs??

ReputationRep:
    Have you got the Tutor2U resource??

Are you doing Economics and Business?? If so do you get the same case study on Center Parcs??
    I dont have the tutor2u resource unfortunately and yeah im doing the one with the Centre Parcs case study

ReputationRep:
    I think people at my school found it quite hard, personally i thought I just had a timing problem! Need to bring up my marks on the next market so worried

ReputationRep:
    I dont have the tutor2u resource unfortunately and yeah im doing the one with the Centre Parcs case study
    I will private message you...

ReputationRep:
    Question 9 was identical to one from the one of the previous papers

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else find the case studies weren't very helpful? I ended up having to use other businesses and knowledge for my application

ReputationRep:
    oh god I hadn't had nearly enough time! I ended up rushing so much, didn't even do decent on the higher markers (like the 15 marker) and I do agree the evidence was very slim when compared with the questions, I was afraid -rightly so- that this will follow the june 2014 where we had to use evidence on businesses from our own knowledge......thanks edexcel ;-;
    ahhh U3 was my chance to score well and I messed it up -it took me too much time to get the hand on the questions- welp I can't really do much now, just hoping U4 will be kinder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool061897)
    Did anyone else find the case studies weren't very helpful? I ended up having to use other businesses and knowledge for my application
    yeah i ended up mentioning like coca cola potentially competing with indian soda companies. mentioned uk producing cotton. some where else making wine.
    then just used stuff i knew about china and india like their populations sizes. i think at one point i mentioned naan bread. i promise it made sense when i used it in the answers aha

ReputationRep:
    Hey could you send me the resources as well please x

ReputationRep:
    For unit 4, what does everyone find as the best and easiest way to evaluate on the 20/30 markers, because this is the bit that's holding me back from the top grades. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC_123_)
    For unit 4, what does everyone find as the best and easiest way to evaluate on the 20/30 markers, because this is the bit that's holding me back from the top grades. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Evaluate using MOPS (Market, Opportunities, Product, Situation)
    Dont forget for the smaller questions they look for Knowledge, Application, Analysis and sometimes Evaluation

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    hey guys whats the best revision strategy for this unit? how is everyone revising? feeling gutted

ReputationRep:
    Can you please send it to me as well? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I surprisingly found question 2 so difficult the one that was like what are the consequences on UK business on the creation of the creation of the free trade zone thing I ended up saying it might lead to a loss of jobs and exports and it would lead to them wanting to go into joint ventures to benefit from free trade don't think that was right?

ReputationRep:
    Please could you send it to me as well mate

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.