Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? University of Birmingham
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Went out about once or twice a week during first year. Rarely go at all now. It got boring haha Prefer to meet up with friends at pubs, restaurants, cinema etc.
    Do you have fun / are you happy? Depends haha but generally yes! I keep myself entertained with societies and try to meet up with friends. Without uni I would have not been able to pursue my hobbies. I do also like my own company so I don't really feel lonely.
    Have you made many friends? A fair amount I'd say. But probably 6 or 7 who are life long friends.

How much work do you have to do? Right now, a lot. Just because I hardly worked in first term.

And what year are you in? 2nd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp247)
    What uni do you go to? Northumbria (Poly til I die!)

How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Probably a few times a month. Mainly host parties at my place and just kick everyone out at 4am though.

Do you have fun / are you happy? I'm very happy. There's so much to do beside clubbing too (societies, bars/restaurants to discover, volunteering, jobs etc.)

Have you made many friends? My course has 24 people on and they're my second family. Made plenty of other friends too.

How much work do you have to do? Varies per semester. Currently, everything is assignment based, so quite a bit, but not so much I want to scream.

And what year are you in? 2nd year... on to the placement hunt!
    What course are you on ?

ReputationRep:
    Computer Games Programming

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? University of Winchester
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? 1st Year - Once or twice a week on average. Everynight during freshers
    2nd Year - Out to the pub once a week and OUT out once a month
    Do you have fun / are you happy? Very happy, very fun.
    Have you made many friends? Made loads of friends and or 3 that always will be

How much work do you have to do?
    Accountancy and finance - 1 exam every 3 weeks on average and main exams in May. Written assignment 1 per semester.

And what year are you in? 2nd

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to?
    Imperial College London- ChemEng
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing?
    Exactly once a week.
    Do you have fun / are you happy?
    I do have a lot of fun but then, I do look forwards to the breaks when I can go home and do **** all.
    Have you made many friends?
    Lots, people from all over the world too, just waiting for the invites to visit their home countries...
    Any time I find I'm not doing anything productive, I work. This is my first time on TSR in a long time. During the first term I had 36hr/wk timetabled.
    And what year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Kent
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Maybe once a month, sometimes once every other; I'm one of these people that really shouldn't drink.
    Do you have fun / are you happy? That's a really weighted question; I tend to alternate between pretty good days and horrible days. I have less fun partying than I'd like.
    Have you made many friends? Unfortunately not. I have people I talk to in class but not many real friends.
    How much work do you have to do? As much as I can make myself. It depends on the week. Probably on average like 6 hours.
    And what year are you in? 1

ReputationRep:
    it's like sticking your **** into an industrial strength blender

so basically the most fun you'll ever have

ReputationRep:
    I went out 5 nights a week. As a result I had a great time, had loads of friends and was very happy during my time at university. I would recommend this course of action to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Won't say for confidentiality reasons.
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Depends. If you mean properly, then once a week. If you mean just going to the pub to meet a group of people, then probably 3-4 times a week.
    Do you have fun / are you happy? Sometimes I have great fun. Other times I get unbearably lonely. Overall it hasn't been as fun as I hoped it would be, but that's largely down to me having enormous expectations and social anxiety issues. Wish I got all that sorted out before coming tbh. So overall no, but it still beats being in some crap job.
    Have you made many friends? Yes and no. I can probably count the number of actual close friends I've made here on one hand. However I know too many people from societies/on course/random events, it's actually getting a bit out of hand.

How much work do you have to do? Surprisingly not that much.

And what year are you in? Won't say for confidentiality reasons.

ReputationRep:
    1-What uni do you go to?
    - I go to Kocaeli University (business management section).
    2-How often do you go out partying/clubbing?
    -
    Sometimes . Because my university in uptown but university life good i like. Consequently I go out party one week to one .
    3-Do you have fun / are you happy?
    I like to university more funny . Everything is going good.
    4-Have you made many friends?
    I have many friends because . I found preety relationship for its university my life great.
    5-How much work do you have to do?
    Perhaps I will work this term in trade company. But now I'm not working . This term I work lessons .
    6-And what year are you in?
    1st

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to?
    Harper Adams University

How often do you go out partying/clubbing?
    First Year - 3-4 times a week
    Retake Year - 1-2 a week

Do you have fun / are you happy?
    The first year was the best year of my entire life.

More than I can count.

Not that much, never made it to second year though.

Retaking first year. Now dropped out.

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? ​Southampton Solent (I live at home, like a 10 minute drive away)
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Barely ever now, only for birthdays and special occasions used to be more regular before uni, then it kind of subsided just because I prefer sleep.
    Do you have fun / are you happy? I'm happy I guess, uni hasn't really challenged me yet, but I will admit that it can get extremely lonely - whether you live at home or have moved to uni.
    Have you made many friends? Yeah tonnes on my course, not ones I go out and spend time with really, due to living at home I have my old friends anyway.

How much work do you have to do? My course consists of pure assignments so quite a lot, no exams at all. I usually get it all in on time though, panicking gets you no where anyway and the only person you have to blame is yourself if anything cocks up.

And what year are you in? 2nd, yawn.

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? BCU
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? don't go clubbing not my thing but i do go out every week or so with uni friends
    Do you have fun / are you happy? yes, the first year the hardest getting used to change and all but once u have settled in it fun.
    I have made a bunch of good uni mates and everyone in my course is friendly
    too much work third year but first year was average
    third year

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Sheffield
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Once/Twice a week
    Do you have fun / are you happy? Yeah I am, it took a while for me to feel settled but now I'm really enjoying it
    Have you made many friends? Yeah, I've made a decent amount
    How much work do you have to do? Not that much really, it only gets intense during exam season or when I have essays due.

And what year are you in? 1st

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Newcastle
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? once or twice a week
    Do you have fun / are you happy? Yeah its good fun & the course is good too
    Have you made many friends? Plenty of people to chat to and 3 really close friends

How much work do you have to do? A lot of reading but its manageable, being fairly laid back about it since its first year

And what year are you in? First year

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Plymouth
    How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Occasionally. I went out in freshers week, once with the flatmates in November, and went to an alternative music night with my course mates a few weeks ago, which was incredible and one of the best nights of my life. However, I cannot drink much alcohol, so I don't do it often at all. I also didn't really enjoy it the first few times, but as I said I loved the alternative music night as I was with my friends, the music was good, I was drunk for the first time ever (although oh boy did I pay for it the next couple of days!), and there were several laughs. Even if I did get the must disgusting chips in the world but thought they were incredible because I was drunk
    Do you have fun / are you happy? Yes, I do have fun most of the time. Rather than partying/clubbing all the time, I go out for dinner a lot, which is more my kind of thing. One of the best days here was when a few course mates and I had pizza and brownies round at my flat, then watched Frozen outside when the SU put it on a giant television and we sang along and had fun (with one of our male friends whinging about how unrealistic Disney films are- we still tease him about that now!). There was also the alternative music night at the SU. The other day a friend and I went to the city aquarium, which was lovely as we both love the sea so it was nice and relaxing (and we've got free passes so we go as often as we like), then in the evening we met up with another two friends, went to Pizza Express for a lovely dinner, went to a milkshake bar afterwards, then when we were walking one of us home, we were bellowing random songs out and dancing along the streets, which was hilarious! Even when I'm studying I'm happy as I study with my friends, and we're always making each other laugh. In lectures, we often have to bite our cheeks to stop ourselves bursting out laughing because of something someone's said or done.
    Have you made many friends? I've made a few really good friends, yes! There's a group of ten of us on our course who always hang out (and seven of us are living together in September), and we've got other friends on the course, too. I'm not really close to my flatmates at all, though.

How much work do you have to do? Quite a bit. And it's rare that we have a day off.

First year

ReputationRep:
    Why do people always talk about their emotions on here? We're British, for God's sake. Bottle it up, repress. We don't talk about such things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kovu)
    I'm off to Northumbria this year, Whoop! Just curious as to what societies you's joined?
    I'm part of CVGS, RocSoc (rock society), the Treasure Hunt society and possibly one or two I can't remember off the top of my head. Also, don't just think about societies at uni, there's loads of volunteering opportunities too. RAG (Raise And Give), VN (Volunteer Northumbria), etc. are amazing too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizz-ie)
    1) What uni do you go to? University of Birmingham
    2) How often do you go out partying/clubbing? Usually once or twice a week: to sports night every other week, and once a week with my flatmates or coursemates.
    3)Do you have fun / are you happy? Some of the time it's like the most fun I've ever had, but then is sometimes lonely, because I've never been away from home and my family for this long before. It takes a while to adjust, but I'm getting happier, and love uni!
    4) Have you made many friends? I have friends near my accommodation, friends on my course, and friends from my sports team, you'll make friends if you join things and go to the socials!!
    5) How much work do you have to do? Technically we don't have to do much at all. There's work we're supposed to hand in, but they probably won't chase you if you don't do it. But then again, you're paying £9000 per year, so may as well make the most of it and do the work!! But with my course (Maths), you can put in as much or as little effort as you want!
    6) And what year are you in? First year.
    what accommodation you living in?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.