Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

This is why UKIP are right about immigration watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzyeviel)
    People are quick to highlight a criminal's nationality - unless they are British then they don't care. Lots of nasty crooks are British, they remain silent, but a foreigner commits a crime and they're up in arms as though the British are so virtuous that committing crime is beneath us.

I wonder what the Daily Mail readers think of the British in Costa del Sol?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...del-Crime.html

Hypocrites.
    What makes you think that people who criticise foreign criminals do not feel the same way about British criminals in foreign countries? And who denys that British people committ crime abroad? i think you are confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Native To Europe)
    What makes you think that people who criticise foreign criminals do not feel the same way about British criminals in foreign countries? And who denys that British people committ crime abroad? i think you are confused
    They don't. I've seen hundreds of threads blaming immigrants for everything, but not a single one highlighting what the British get up to in other countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzyeviel)
    They don't. I've seen hundreds of threads blaming immigrants for everything, but not a single one highlighting what the British get up to in other countries.
    And so what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    19 years for that?! 19 years?! That's almost a life sentence! The intent was there, to hurt the man seriously and burgle their house, but there was no permanent damage, and in the end, they didn't burgle anything. 19 years is far too much. 10 years would have been understandable.
    Just imagine if UKIP were in power!! That probably would have been life sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagbrahx69)
    Why should UK criminals be allowed to live here without the UK getting a say? Why not expel people with a criminal record from the country?
    (Original post by swagbrahx69)
    They're both criminals. We have nothing to gain from either criminal, whether he be British, French, Polish or Venezuelan. Do you not support the expelling of British criminals as well? If not, why not?
    Because there is no country to expel them to. It's pretty straightforward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    How did I know this was going to be a daily mail article before I even clicked on the thread?

I usually only read the Times ( even though I have a Guardian sub) and this story also appeared in the Times.And seeing as it was I believe I'm right in saying one of the first stories on the BBC news Id be amazed if it wasn't reported extensively in every other tabloid.

I don't know if what appears at the top of this thread is in fact the whole article but if it is then the Daily Mail has reported nothing but salient facts.

How awful of the Mail to report the nationality of the perps.

As did the Times and the BBC of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    Were they allowed to come to this country because of the EU "open borders" policy?

Answer: Yes

No doubt.

But otherwise they could have nipped over for a holiday and committed the very same crime couldn't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    19 years for that?! 19 years?! That's almost a life sentence! The intent was there, to hurt the man seriously and burgle their house, but there was no permanent damage, and in the end, they didn't burgle anything. 19 years is far too much. 10 years would have been understandable.

Im one of the few people whooften believes sentences are too heavy.

In this case I suspect the sentence is due to the fact that these men are a clear danger to the public.Nevertheless they will probably be out within 12 years.

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely beleive that no small effect on the sentence was the image of the victim that was all over the media. It was appalling and one of the worst I have ever seen from a beating. How they didn't kill him landing so many blows to his head and face i will never know.
    The judge sentencing must have been influenced by what the public outcry would have been if he hadn't gone hard on them.
    I'm ok with that.:-)

ReputationRep:
    Vote UKIP.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.