Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ann_kayy)
    I think it's for all the subjects you want to take but I'm not sure either.
    Okay thanks Good luck with the homework welp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clemmyeverett)
    Okay thanks Good luck with the homework welp
    haha good luck to you as well

ReputationRep:
    god i really want to get into City and islington sixth form but i havent even appiled i want to take english lit , pschology and biology but i dont know if i should take biology or sociology still undecided , its really annoying that people are already getting interview and i dont know what to think of all the negative stuff that been said about the school. i just want to know if its in a good area??????

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was in the same position last year but I can honestly tell you that picking city and Islington sfc was the best decision I made in terms of my education and friendships. The teachers care and there are so many workshops if you are struggling. On the social side, I have never been in a more open and non judgemental school environment ever! Literally people do not care they accept you for you well that's my year not sure about next year though. You are your own person at candi so if you are terrible at being independent then you can learn here or you won't learn at all its up to you. There are no detentions but there are these things called 'cause for concerns' exactly what it says and you can get kicked off your course. I do English lit, psychology, film and photography. I tried sociology and it was good but I didn't feel like it would be good for me in the long run in terms of uni but because you are taking biology ( if you get a B or above in maths) then it would be a good idea. English lit involves a lot of independent reading so if that's not your thing then don't risk it. Overall good choice and if you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask me

ReputationRep:
    I applied to this school. I got 2 B's and 1 A last year and this year i'm doing 6 subjects. I'm predicting i'll get all A's / B's. This means i've got slight potential and I want to know if I get into C&I, is it worth it? I got an interview for it in 2 weeks meaning I passed the initial assessment. Anyway, I'll update any future readers on this discussion.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.