Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do Brits pretend to care about the Superbowl? watch

ReputationRep:
    Since The Queen of Pop performed in 2012, it's become an obligation for the world to pretend to care so they could watch the half-time show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cattty)
    Errrm, we don't.....................

Who's this everyone?

Im guessing you're american- because everyone else in the world watches REAL football (what you guys call soccer) and doesnt understand or care about american football. All i know is its a bit like rugby, but our rugby players dont wear massive shoulder/knee protectors- they just take it like men...............

If you dont like it, dont watch it- we dont bother here- its on sky sports but i have never heard anyone talk about it.
    First up, not American. And you must be living in a little bubble if you think that no one cares. "I'm guessing you're from" a derelict English country town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenLynch9)
    First up, not American. And you must be living in a little bubble if you think that no one cares. "I'm guessing you're from" a derelict English country town.
    No, im from a large city actually........................ .........

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually watch it, but the one this year was actually very exciting. But yeah, I don't care about the rest of the season

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they do actually care? Considering that there is stigma to embracing any kind of American culture that isn't Hollywood, I doubt they're pretending. Dunno though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, when I was at university in the UK the student union would do a big Superbowl event and, like you say, everyone seemed to suddenly be fans of whatever team was playing. Personally I find football incredibly boring, I'm a hockey guy. :love:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.