Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penthearose)
    Yeah I thought Lafrowda looked nice too, I'm studying exercise and sport sciences what about you?
    Economics, did you firm Exeter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acciara)
    Economics, did you firm Exeter?
    I haven't yet, but I'm going to

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I plan to firm Exeter University. As such I am now deciding on an appropriate accommodation. I prefer somewhere catered, close to the the university/lecture halls,and preferably new/modern? I do not really fancy old buildings although they're full of character,just personal preference.

After some research,I've come across Holland Hall,which seems new,catered and close to campus.
    BUT
    I've heard that most rich or snobbish ppl live there? And there have been cases of bullying too. Is this true?

I'm actually a non-white international student,so naturally I am, really really worried about not fitting in or making friends.

Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DPOJ)
    Is anyone else having a panic attack over the costs of the accommodation? My Maintenance loan barely covers even some of the cheapest accommodation.

I know i'm probably going to have to get a job, but it's still gonna be a struggle.
    same thats my worry too!
    altho it might be nice to have a job?
    i don't have a clue as to where I'm going to fork out all this money from....:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DPOJ)
    I visited the University on Wednesday for the post applicant open day and I loved the place! So as soon as I got home I firmed Exeter

I think my preference for accommodation is: Lafrowda, Birks Grange Village and Duryard, in that order. Really liked Lafrowda and love that I'd only have to walk 5 mins to the centre of campus
    What subject did you apply for? I applied and firmed maths myself! Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penthearose)
    Does anyone have any recommendations for accommodation for someone who doesn't drink and isn't too keen on lots of late-nights and partys?
    Im like you too... so confused about accommodation i just know that i want self catered ensuite

ReputationRep:
    st gemans consists of 4 houses and I believe one of them is a quiet house

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devangdave)
    Any accommodation recommendations for a guy that doesn't really mind going out, and drinking, or just chilling. And loves his sport.
    I will be a second year student this fall and i stayed in James owen court for my first year which is pretty decent. It is very close to the city centre, clubs and bar. 20 minutes walk to main campus (streatham) and 10 minutes to St' Lukes for students doing medicine and sport science

ReputationRep:
    Ive firmed theology and religion so excited!
    (Original post by Mai.H)
    What subject did you apply for? I applied and firmed maths myself! Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if i can apply for accom if i've insured??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erudite)
    Anyone know if i can apply for accom if i've insured??
    No if you've insured you have to wait for your results and if you got into your insurance, you can apply then.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Duryard accommodation! My choices were Duryard > Lafrowda > James Owen Court and so far I've only met 5 people who put down Duryard as their first choice :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DPOJ)
    Ive firmed theology and religion so excited!
    Hey I've got an unconditional offer for theology and religion pretty certain I'm going to accept it perhaps Ill see you there!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! im going to start this September and I have an unconditional offer - I have also applied for accomadation - Birks Grande Village - studio room, Holland Hall Studios - studio room and Nash Grove - ensuiteIm not rich LOL for choosing studio rooms but Im kind of introverted - not too keen for late night outs and im not a drinker so yh - i am tryna save my money for studio flat though..:/ hopefully lolLooking at the comments it looks as though holland hall sucks :/ it looks really nice on the website - brand new and the most expensive LOLbut yh i might just opt for nash grove or birks grange villageMy question is what do you think of nash grove and birks grange village - i have never visited exeter before which is a horrible choice LOL but yh im kinda in the dark here. I have looked at the tour on the website by i would appreciate it if you guys give me your opinionsThanks in advance! ^___^

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.