Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    I static stretch and foam roll most of my body most days. If I'm busy I just do the problem spots. I do dynamic mobility stuff as warm up. If you have one particular problem spot I'd stretch it several times a day, dynamic and static, and try to figure out if something is causing it- how you sit at a computer is to blame for most people's problems.
    How good are foam rolls for your back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    How good are foam rolls for your back?
    Good for what? It works on your back like it does anywhere else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    Good for what? It works on your back like it does anywhere else
    I though you only used it for your back? What's the purpose of foam rolling and is it working for you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I do triathlon.

Mondays: Run with club
    Tuesdays: Yoga in the afternoon and might run with triathlon
    Wednesdays: Run twice with club
    Thursdays: Swim
    Fridays: Rest day!
    Saturday: Race or long ride
    Sunday: Long run, spin, gym, swim

I don't do all of these each week but basically this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    I though you only used it for your back? What's the purpose of foam rolling and is it working for you?
    I roll the vast majority of my body. I'm one of those people who takes their own foam roller (and rolling ball) to the gym.

For my back, no not so much, it's well beyond too ****ed for foam rolling but sometimes when it's annoyed it tightens so rolling it can help make it more comfortable.

Generally, it's like getting massage, helps recovery, reduce tightness, dealing with 'knots'/trigger points etc.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.