Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you ever learn another language? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you learn another language?
    Yes, I am learning another one currently
    69.57%
    Yes, at some point
    23.91%
    Nah.
    6.52%

I'd love to learn some French again one day.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree, although it took so many time and effort to write the PS haha

ReputationRep:
    I really really want to be able to speak French. One day. Eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Owh, no. And I was just thinking about getting a job there so I can improve my French

How do you guys holding up with the language? I'm doing terrible at the moment; ups and downs and all that
    with regard to the first part.. his experience won't necessarily be your experience.

second part, i'm not very consistent with it tbh. i go through spells of taking in loads daily and then not doing anything for ages. i'd say i'm still at a beginner stage with both languages but would like a chance to speak them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently taking GCSE Spanish but I might drop it so I can focus on my A2's and get the best grades possible for them.

I'm hoping to do a Japanese degree at university, so there's that too I used to have a Japanese tutor who I met after school on Wednesdays once a week but unfortunately she had to move away. However, if all goes to plan I'll be going to university in the same city she lives in so that's a double win!

I'd also like to try learning Korean at some point. Maybe Italian too?

ReputationRep:
    Meine lieblings Sprache.... DEUTSCH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by og.east)
    second part, i'm not very consistent with it tbh. i go through spells of taking in loads daily and then not doing anything for ages. i'd say i'm still at a beginner stage with both languages but would like a chance to speak them.
    Yep. The same predicament. .

ReputationRep:
    I was forced into learning French at school - does that count??

But to be honest, I'm not really a language-y person. Prefer science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by number23)
    I am learning spanish personally, and ive found something that works for me.I use euronews website, they have very short video articles in most main languages and like a transcript underneath. Cannot reccomend it highly enough!And then I use this thing called Learning with texts (from fluent in 3 months website) where you paste in texts and highlight what words you know and dont know.... Its pretty cool and helps me see how much ofArticles i knowI also find speaking is really good but hard logistically speaking What methods work for you guys?
    I don't know how beginner/advanced you are, but there's a website (Duolingo) that has a couple of languages for those who want to learn a new language, and it looks pretty good. I did a couple of German lessons myself!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.