Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Women say 'I go for feminine guys' but I never see one on a 'rate this hot guy' threa watch

ReputationRep:
    You can rarely trust women to know what it is they want, much less admit it to themselves, much less admit it to you. This has been established

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    You can rarely trust women to know what it is they want, much less admit it to themselves, much less admit it to you. This has been established
    of course we don't know what we want, we're just dumb broads, right?

now I really ought to get back to preparing a martini for my husband

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    of course we don't know what we want, we're just dumb broads complex, and somewhat conflicted, creatures,* right?
    Amended for accuracy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Dragon)
    Just gonna throw my 2 cents in...

I'm a bisexual girl with a preference for women, however I am currently in a relationship with a guy who is more in touch with his feminine side and if I think about it, most of the guys I've been in relationships with before have been more in touch with their feminine side too.

Now, he doesn't "look" girly - he just looks, seems and acts as a normal man but when you interact with him you see that his personality and his thought patterns are typical to that as what you'd see in a woman. He said it himself - he sees himself as 70% female and I agree. He also thinks he may be transgender but he's unsure if it's just a phase or if it's what he truly thinks he is - regardless, I'll support him whether he decides he is transgender or not.

As a girl who seems to date guys more in touch with their feminine side, it's not the looks - it's the personality and the way they act All the guys I've dated are pretty much normal looking guys.

Sorry if I haven't explained myself well but I just wanted to let people know there are girls like me out there
    So it seems you mean personality controversial q, would you be as attracted to him do you think, if he did have 'softer features'? I don't mean full on baby face but maybe not Crimson Chin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spetznaaz)
    If i remember correctly women actually prefer more feminine men at a certain time of the month and more masculine men at other times.

Lettuce be cereal though, in general men are attracted to feminine qualities and women are attracted to masculine qualities. You can always increase your masculinity in certain ways though OP.
    I also read a study that women desire more masculine-looking men with higher test levels in more disease-ridden countries; it's a form of hormesis. Conversely men under adverse stress instinctively seek out larger women with higher body fat levels (?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    So it seems you mean personality controversial q, would you be as attracted to him do you think, if he did have 'softer features'? I don't mean full on baby face but maybe not Crimson Chin
    I guess I mean I'm more attracted to personality/features rather than looks, yeah.

LOL. I'm not into the masculine, muscly guys anyway But to answer your question, yes I would It'd feel weird dating a guy who looked like a girl (unless he was planning to have a sex change into a girl) but guys with slightly more feminine features would be completely fine by me.

I feel like I'm in the minority here, lol :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    Ohhh hahaha

What is the difference
    "Soft" features are those you might usually find in a child (Large round eyes, round puffy cheeks, overall teddy bear look yadda yadda)

"Feminine" can still be very much mature and adult looking. "Feminine" to each person could mean something different - for some it could just mean shoulder length hair. Feminine does not mean ugly... that's a brief overview. Not many women 18+ find guys that genuinely look like women as attractive, but I could be wrong.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.