Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Day four

bad day today, I really want to just give up in chemistry. Don't know why I took it, I don't understand anything. And now I get to go to intervention and show to my class how **** I am.

ReputationRep:
    day seven

Today I worked through a physics booklet my teacher gave me as part of my revision, I did some questions on ionisation energy and bonding and structure. Tried to do my maths homework but seem to be getting it all wrong, so I'll be going to see my teacher about it tomorrow. I also watched X-men

ReputationRep:
    Sorry it's been a while, been so busy with PSAs :boring:

Half term goals
    This isnt for the half term exactly. I've split up my revision into three stages over the next three months. For this month (ending on the 13th of March) I intend to;
    - finish all mind maps for science
    - finish all written notes for all topics
    - make definitions flash cards for all applicable topics
    - get past paper packs for all subjects
    - make tests on 'quiz maker' app

obviously I hope to do a lot of theis over this week but I don't expect to finish it all. I will update when I complete a bullet point and on the 13th of March to see whether I have completed my targets in preparation for the next stage of revision. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katniss15)
    Sorry it's been a while, been so busy with PSAs :boring:

Half term goals
    This isnt for the half term exactly. I've split up my revision into three stages over the next three months. For this month (ending on the 13th of March) I intend to;
    - finish all mind maps for science
    - finish all written notes for all topics
    - make definitions flash cards for all applicable topics
    - get past paper packs for all subjects
    - make tests on 'quiz maker' app

obviously I hope to do a lot of theis over this week but I don't expect to finish it all. I will update when I complete a bullet point and on the 13th of March to see whether I have completed my targets in preparation for the next stage of revision. Fingers crossed!
    Good luck with all your goals (: May I ask what the other sections of your revision include?

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys

My name is Thomas Lim

I am currently year 12 and I am studying Maths, Biology, Chemistry and ICT

I find Biology the hardest .

Thanks

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    awww it was my situation when i was getting lower grades. but essaywriting.com.pk/dissertation-writing/ this website helped me out in my essay and Dissertations. it was awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BryonyG98)
    Good luck with all your goals (: May I ask what the other sections of your revision include?
    Thank you for the first section I want to get my notes done, as last year I spent more time making notes than actually revising. Then in the second section (March to April) I want to start going through my notes and learning the content off by heart. And then the last section is my cram revision the month before the exams. I will probably post more accurate targets closer to the time, but that is the plan for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guills on wheels)
    There's no point in even doing 4. Cambridge actually prefer three. I know, because I asked.
    No, successful STEM applicants get on average 3.4 A*s I think. How could they manage to do that if Cambridge preferred three A-levels? Most applicants actually take 4-5 A-levels. They actually prefer more A-levels, as long as they're relevant. Only three are required, but it clearly helps to have more.
    I agree that further maths is useful for engineering but isn't required. Depending on the type of engineering, chemistry might be relevant.

At all? I'm sure that doing 5 A-Level and getting A's in them would be more impressive than a student who has three A's. And other Universities expected applicants to have more than three As-levels. I know, I asked.
    Yes, obviously getting 5 A*s or even 4 A*s, 1 A in relevant subjects is better than 4 A*s in relevant subjects. Generally the few least relevant A-levels aren't weighted as strongly, so have a smaller effect on whether you get in though.

ReputationRep:
    I have made flash cards for chemistry unit 2 module 1, and I'm pretty happy with them

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Sorry it has been a while, been on holiday! But I'm back, less than a week to go to get all of my notes done. Let's get cracking!! :work:

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

today i i have been continuing my chemistry flashcards in preparation for Friday's end of module test. I'm feeling confident for it, which is a big change

for the next two weeks I will have loads of PSAs :bricks: so I will be very busy making sure they go as smoothly as possible

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

today I have completed homework booklets for tomorrow, in physics and chemistry. I have also done a bit of revision for tomorrows chemistry test...

could this his be the first time I get above a C? Probably not but oh well

ReputationRep:
    Hi

sorry I didn't post yesterday, just forgot... But will do it now

Friday

i did my chemistry end of module test (as said above). Really didn't think I was going to do well, have done so badly all year. But I got my results back and I got a B!!!!!!!!!! Not only that I was 1% off an A :elefant: :party2: :elefant: I also did some more revision booklets on the night

Saturday

I had a guilty day today and did nothing, had a family day as my dad has been away. Will have to catch up tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Hello

currently in the middle of a stressful week. I have five exams this week and parents evening tomorrow.

For or the past few days I have just been preparing for my PSAs and end of module tests. I have made flashcards for a module in physics, and I'm half way through an EM poster.

need to get my notes done by this week, but I really don't think I'll finish in time for my deadline

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Two PSAs down today, made a silly mistake in physics which I will have to correct tomorrow.

I have also had parents evening which was a success. My teachers think I'll be able to get the grades I want if I keep pushing myself and asking for help

Five teaching weeks left!!!!! Starting to feel the exam time stress

ReputationRep:
    Hello and happy pi day!!!!

I did my chemistry evaluative PSA yesterday and I had a sneaky glance at what I got... I got full marks !!!! Whoop whoop!!! Let's hope I can continue this streak of As

Today I have baked cakes to celebrate pi day!! I have also done some maths revision on sectors

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    oh well done!! By the way im in year 12 and doing Maths,bio,chem,and psychology

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of the opposite to you.
    I do maths, further maths, physics, biology computing. I get most of my subjects and I am strongest in maths but I really don't understand physics. Even though I'm good at maths, I struggle with the calculations questions and I hate the essay type questions where you have to describe experiments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clovers)
    oh well done!! By the way im in year 12 and doing Maths,bio,chem,and psychology
    Hello, aw thanks I was pretty proud of myself. As you can probably tell from the rest of this blog it doesn't really happen to me often. And how are your subjects going? Do you enjoy them?

(Original post by NT226)
    I'm kind of the opposite to you.
    I do maths, further maths, physics, biology computing. I get most of my subjects and I am strongest in maths but I really don't understand physics. Even though I'm good at maths, I struggle with the calculations questions and I hate the essay type questions where you have to describe experiments.
    Wow, sounds like some good subjects. I think it helps to be good at maths in physics but I find that my ability to do math doesn't really help me very much... Seems to be the other way round. And yeah, I really hate those questions too, but i can do them quite well, which exam board do you sit?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    Day four

bad day today, I really want to just give up in chemistry. Don't know why I took it, I don't understand anything. And now I get to go to intervention and show to my class how **** I am.
    Hello and happy pi day!!!!

I did my chemistry evaluative PSA yesterday and I had a sneaky glance at what I got... I got full marks !!!! Whoop whoop!!! Let's hope I can continue this streak of As

Today I have baked cakes to celebrate pi day!! I have also done some maths revision on sectors

Well done! A month or so ago, you also posted the first quote above, where you said that you wanted to give up chemistry. I'm really pleased that you've managed to prove yourself wrong and show yourself that you can do it - never give up. :yep:

Nice cake :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.