OP: was it internet gambling?
Nope :p:
foxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy)
Maybe he wants to be rich so badly he's fantasised this massive influx of capital and is living in a little fantasy world where he's Duke of Berkshire or something.
Probably. I'm hesitant to call him a friend - so I'll just say that I know someone who's exactly like that. He's a pompous narcissistic nutjob who won't drink anything that costs less than £7 a glass or wear anything that didn't come from Harvey Nichols.
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by foxo)
Probably. I'm hesitant to call him a friend - so I'll just say that I know someone who's exactly like that. He's a pompous narcissistic nutjob and won't drink anything that costs less than £7 a glass or wear anything that didn't come from Harvey Nichols.
I don't know anybody rich enough to be that stupid.
munchkin18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by foxo)
These are the first three things I'd buy if I won the lottery:

http://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/default.as...an_cigars_3038

http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products...hp?prodid=3501

http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products...hp?prodid=1410

Materialism for teh win!
they're a bizarre collection of items to spend a lottery win on!

to the op: you're welcome, let us know how you get on.
munchkin18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
there's plenty of them around.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
i sure will
foxo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, he's not rich anymore, that's for sure. I think he probably inherited about £10,000 and blew it all in the last five months in various Edinburgh pubs and clothes shops, though he'd never admit to it. Upon meeting new people he lies about his first name, his occupation (he hasn't got one in fact), and his family background.
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by foxo)
Well, he's not rich anymore, that's for sure. I think he probably inherited about £10,000 and blew it all in the last five months in various Edinburgh pubs and clothes shops, though he'd never admit to it. Upon meeting new people he lies about his first name, his occupation (he hasn't got one in fact), and his family background.
I sometimes tell girls in clubs I'm a professional footballer. So do many of my friends, actually.

One time my best friend went and talked to Darren Anderton in Slam (a club in Bournemouth) and shook his hand, and then convinced this girl they were mates.

She ended up blowing him outside the club that night.

Ah, memories.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well he's still with you ain't he?
squigaletta
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I sometimes tell girls in clubs I'm a professional footballer. So do many of my friends, actually.

One time my best friend went and talked to Darren Anderton in Slam (a club in Bournemouth) and shook his hand, and then convinced this girl they were mates.

She ended up blowing him outside the club that night.

Ah, memories.
That's a gorgeous anecdote . I once tried to convince a couple of guys that I was a rally driver, that was a nice fantasy.
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by squigaletta)
That's a gorgeous anecdote . I once tried to convince a couple of guys that I was a rally driver, that was a nice fantasy.
The same guy once broke up a fight by pretending to be an off duty policeman and telling everybody to walk off in different directions. He then received compliments from an elderly couple who were glad there were officers like him on the force.

He's a lunatic.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Carl1982)
Well he's still with you ain't he?
yes he is and it was silly of me to think otherwise
anjurdsg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay the thing is my bf has no been very wealthy but I wouldn’t say he was poor, he was an average guy but for the last few days he was very either to tell me something and today when I asked him what it was he told me about how he’s suddenly become rich, you can say it was something like winning the lottery but not really.
The thing is I love him very much and I dont want things to change between us but there’s a doubt somewhere in my head that he might change, he may find someone better, its not that I dont have trust in him, infect I do but I just cant get rid of the doubt
We also have a long distance relationship, we didn’t meet on a chat site or anything but I knew him from before and we both have been going out for 10 months now, both aged 17
I just wanted to know your opinion about this?
i realy respect you :hugs: i wish all girls were like you

Look, you answered your own question. You dont want things to change between yourselves. Why dont you talk to him about it? Say that if he brings in money in the relationship there will be trouble.
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by anjurdsg)
i realy respect you :hugs: i wish all girls were like you
:puke:
FyreFight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by foxo)
Oh, I've finally worked it out!

http://www.national-accident.co.uk/c...tionguide.html

Has he suddenly taken to wearing sunglasses and walking into things; constantly complaining about stress; or perhaps he can't sit up straight?
Jesus, £5000-£6500 for a fractured index finger. I think that there might be a little accident when I'm stacking shelves at work this weekend...
munchkin18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The same guy once broke up a fight by pretending to be an off duty policeman and telling everybody to walk off in different directions. He then received compliments from an elderly couple who were glad there were officers like him on the force.

He's a lunatic.
he sounds like a fun guy
squigaletta
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NSiky)
Jesus, £5000-£6500 for a fractured index finger. I think that there might be a little accident when I'm stacking shelves at work this weekend...
My mate dislocated his shoulder at work, and before the ambulance got there, while he was stil rather out of it, they got him to sign a disclaimer that he wouldn't claim compensation.
foxo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NSiky)
Don't expect to get a job from anyone who finds out about it. That said, you could probably sue a company for discrimination if they didn't offer you a job on the grounds that you sued your last employer. :p:
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by munchkin18)
he sounds like a fun guy
He's awesome!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (342)
37.75%
No - but I will (72)
7.95%
No - I don't want to (64)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise