Turn on thread page Beta

I don't understand what he meant?! watch

Announcements

(Original post by TykeDragon)
    haha glad to have helped, but i mean it - true, a good guy might have decided against continuing after starting to tell you he had feelings for you, but i don't think a good/selfless/brave guy would have fled instead of saying 'you know what, nevermind what i was saying'
    I completely understand what you're saying, he left me outside alone in a place I'd never been to before, the more I think about it, the more horrible that was

ReputationRep:
    See, if I loved someone I would not treat them that way. He couldn't even do you the decency of approaching you in person the next day to apologise for what he'd done and explain himself - just a cowardly and vague text saying 'we cool?' did not help at all. You may not wish to hear it considering the length of time you've known this guy and the feelings you've had for him, but he's acting like an indecisive 12 year old, which isn't very desirable in a grown man, and maybe a warning that this guy would be unable to commit and treat you selfishly . I think it's good that you're open-minded enough to consider this and are not just tunnel-visioning a future together.

If you think this is something that can be overcome, then great! But I think it's definitely a huge question mark over any future you may have with this guy. The only way to get some closure I would say would be to get him with you in person (so he can't hide), look him in the eye and ask him directly how he feels, and if he tries to get with you, don't until you can be sure this guy has resolve and commitment, and doesn't shy away like a child. Good luck!

See, if I loved someone I would not treat them that way. He couldn't even do you the decency of approaching you in person the next day to apologise for what he'd done and explain himself - just a cowardly and vague text saying 'we cool?' did not help at all. You may not wish to hear it considering the length of time you've known this guy and the feelings you've had for him, but he's acting like an indecisive 12 year old, which isn't very desirable in a grown man, and maybe a warning that this guy would be unable to commit and treat you selfishly . I think it's good that you're open-minded enough to consider this and are not just tunnel-visioning a future together.

If you think this is something that can be overcome, then great! But I think it's definitely a huge question mark over any future you may have with this guy. The only way to get some closure I would say would be to get him with you in person (so he can't hide), look him in the eye and ask him directly how he feels, and if he tries to get with you, don't until you can be sure this guy has resolve and commitment, and doesn't shy away like a child. Good luck!
    Wow, you're really making me think now, thank you for opening my eyes to this side of things, I would never have done the same to him. Maybe he wouldn't be ready to comit even if I did mention it to him. You should be a relationship adviser! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Wow, you're really making me think now, thank you for opening my eyes to this side of things, I would never have done the same to him. Maybe he wouldn't be ready to comit even if I did mention it to him. You should be a relationship adviser! Thanks
    Haha, I appreciate the kind words but I should in no way be a relationship guru of some sort. I just say what I think

Haha, I appreciate the kind words but I should in no way be a relationship guru of some sort. I just say what I think
    Well you speak words of wisdom! Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    He is a mentally confused embarassment.

(Original post by perspiracious)
    He is a mentally confused embarassment.
    Bravo, well said!

ReputationRep:
    By what you told us he does love you and all but what he meant by he doesn't deserve you is that he is not good enough for you and that you deserve better then him... And for the rest I am just shooting in the dark but he doesn't want anything to spark between you and him... But that's my guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by NathanAllen)
    By what you told us he does lovr you and all but what he meant by he doesn't deserve you is that he is not good enough for you and that you deserve better then him... And for the rest I am just shooting in the dark but he doesn't want anything to spark between you and him... But that's my guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for responding! Can I ask why you think he doesn't want anything to happen between us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you for responding! Can I ask why you think he doesn't want anything to happen between us?
    He doesn't want you to like/love someone that is not good enough for you. You deserve someone better then he is. I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

He doesn't want you to like/love someone that is not good enough for you. You deserve someone better then he is. I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He seems like a bit of an idiot then, Ofcourse he deserves me!

By what you told us he does love you and all but what he meant by he doesn't deserve you is that he is not good enough for you and that you deserve better then him... And for the rest I am just shooting in the dark but he doesn't want anything to spark between you and him... But that's my guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I talked to him, and you were right, he doesn't want anything to happen between us.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.