What do you think of Lil' Wayne? Watch

CherryWine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by T.I.P)
Id like to see those going on about autotune etc to make an album selling over 1 million in its first week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That means nothing, he's a big name and people lap that **** up. Get your name known with a couple of raps you put your all into and you don't have to show talent or meaning to your lyrics after that. Just have a catchy beat, a half arsed flow and someone with a nice voice singing the hook and voila
CherryWine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Loafing.Charizard)
I quite like it. I'm not a big rap fan though so I pretty much no nothing about the genre

Nothing compares to O.T Genasis :laugh:
Lmao!

Currently listening to

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HzeZhCt5PVA
jamesthehustler
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i don't mind his music but i wouldn't buy it i bought an ipod with some on and was like ok its alright but i still prefer contemporary and old school music
username360639
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CherryWine)
Lmao!

Currently listening to

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HzeZhCt5PVA
Didn't put you down as a Ice-Cube sort of person lol. I thought Carly Rae would be your cup of tea haha just kidding.

The only song I've heard by him is :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwnZ3HQUMxE

Got to love Friday
beyknowles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lil who ???
1) looks like Whoopi Goldberg
2) sounds like he's half-asleep 24/7
3) thinks he gets women because of his looks and not because of his money
4) ruins any song he features in, perfect example = truffle butter. even his own song how to love was ruined by him lol
Aku-gila
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Luckiest guy alive, in terms of the women he's been with.
CherryWine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Didn't put you down as a Ice-Cube sort of person lol. I thought Carly Rae would be your cup of tea haha just kidding.

The only song I've heard by him is :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwnZ3HQUMxE

Got to love Friday

Lmao, **** you

Ice cube and DMX never fail to get me motivated for the day, blast it out with a cup of coffee in the morning lol

I haven't watched Friday in years, I loved smokey haha
username360639
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lmao, **** you

Ice cube and DMX never fail to get me motivated for the day, blast it out with a cup of coffee in the morning lol

I haven't watched Friday in years, I loved smokey haha
Why you no call me maybe? lmfao.

Haha sounds good. I might try that someday.

Hahah I genuinely watched it for the first time last year :|. I'm literally late with everything.
CherryWine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why you no call me maybe? lmfao.

Haha sounds good. I might try that someday.

Hahah I genuinely watched it for the first time last year :|. I'm literally late with everything.
Haha, I've had a few comments like "women aren't allowed to like gangsta rap" and "you like this? Seriously? But people like you don't like this music"

It is good, you end up bouncing round the house and watching yourself rap aggressively in the mirror haha

Wow, you literally are really late with everything. That film came out in the 90's lol
username360639
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha, I've had a few comments like "women aren't allowed to like gangsta rap" and "you like this? Seriously? But people like you don't like this music"

It is good, you end up bouncing round the house and watching yourself rap aggressively in the mirror haha

Wow, you literally are really late with everything. That film came out in the 90's lol
Haha "women aren't allowed to like gangsta rap" omfg :rofl:

Do you wear a snapback when you rap in front of your mirror tho? Can you rap o_0?

Shhh I know. If I told you what else I'm late with you might die of laughter o_o
T.I.P
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
That means nothing, he's a big name and people lap that **** up. Get your name known with a couple of raps you put your all into and you don't have to show talent or meaning to your lyrics after that. Just have a catchy beat, a half arsed flow and someone with a nice voice singing the hook and voila
If it was that easy everyone would do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CherryWine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by T.I.P)
If it was that easy everyone would do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obviously growing up with certain people and being involved in a certain scene makes things a whole lot easier as well. Just get well known, well liked and respected for a couple of raps early on. This is the way it seems to work nowadays, lil Wayne is not that big based on his rapping ability.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
**** like every rapper.
CherryWine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha "women aren't allowed to like gangsta rap" omfg :rofl:

Do you wear a snapback when you rap in front of your mirror tho? Can you rap o_0?

Shhh I know. If I told you what else I'm late with you might die of laughter o_o
Yeah, I guess it's not the most feminine genre and I am in no way "one of the lads" so it makes them confused, bless them

I wish I was cool enough to say I do, but unfortunately no. My hand gestures and frown are on point tho haha

Haha, are you aware that we're now in 2015 or you still listening to the Sugababes on your iPod shuffle back in 2006?
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ebony19)
Whiney little scrote
:L:L
Couldn't agree more.
username360639
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, I guess it's not the most feminine genre and I am in no way "one of the lads" so it makes them confused, bless them

I wish I was cool enough to say I do, but unfortunately no. My hand gestures and frown are on point tho haha

Haha, are you aware that we're now in 2015 or you still listening to the Sugababes on your iPod shuffle back in 2006?
Haha quality.

Sugababes :laugh:

S Club 7 mate, get it right
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by T.I.P)
Yes must be awful having over 100 million in the bank *rolls eyes*

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm talking about for the consumers. You must be one of the deaf ones that have helped him financially. *rolls eyes*
stevienewshoes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's the shining star of our generation; a true musical genius.
CherryWine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha quality.

Sugababes :laugh:

S Club 7 mate, get it right
Just googled because I forgot all of their songs, and they are on tour yes mate.

They still reaching for them stars.
T.I.P
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Obviously growing up with certain people and being involved in a certain scene makes things a whole lot easier as well. Just get well known, well liked and respected for a couple of raps early on. This is the way it seems to work nowadays, lil Wayne is not that big based on his rapping ability.
I disagree to an extent but see where youre coming from but as his fan base is huge obviously people like his music for the fact they think hes good... They dont think "I like him because hes Birdmans son" he basically made cash money records what it is today, Birdam would be in the doll office if it wasnt for wayne.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27%
Not great so far... (283)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.26%

Watched Threads