What's the best life lesson you've learnt? Watch

channies
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by StretfordEnd)
I remember nothing about GCSE IT (it was a decade ago!) other than Mr Banks repeatedly shouting 'If you emphasise everything, you emphasise NOTHING!'

Is this Mr Banks?

theviper1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The only person you can rely on totally, is yourself.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To the rest of the world you are completely insignificant. Statistically a huge majority of you will end up working normal 9-5 jobs for 45+ years before eventually passing away with a small funeral gathering.

Importantly however; you will come to realise that you don't need to be rich or famous or powerful to enjoy life.
Astronomical
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Clichéd one, but no pain, no gain certainly rings true. Whether it be in the gym or in the library, if you don't put in the effort then you won't reap any rewards.
productofpain
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The masses are generally wrong
Astronomical
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rutheys)
One of my most recent life lessons is - never invite a guy in for a 'cup of tea' after he walks you home. Apparently 'cup of tea' = sex. Oops. I assume that it applies to coffee too - watch out ladies! Hot drinks are euphemisms...
My current partner invited me to hers for a cup of tea after a few dates; turned out that she did mean intercourse, though, as I found out.
TheStoryteller
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"You cannot find peace by avoiding life" - Virigina Woolf
username1107539
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jeanlucpicard)
I'd like to think I've learnt alot already, but it's only until you see your parents and they say that classic line..."you still have so much to learn"..

Until that moment though...

What is the best life lesson you have learnt?
Having embarked on a long distance relationship (having previously lived together), and being a carer for my terminally ill mother...

TREASURE EVERY MOMENT WITH THOSE YOU LOVE. Don't be afraid to love unconditionally, if you want to tell them you love them 20 times a day then go for it, because you never know when will be the last time. Life is too short to fall out over small things, arguments are often pointless. Finally, all relationships require communication, trust and respect. Without those, it's not worth much.
evabraun
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Everyday is a chance to explore, to be alive. Half of the battle is just waking up in the morning and going out of bed.
StretfordEnd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by theviper1)
The only person you can rely on totally, is yourself.

Attached files
the.leyton
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
80% percent of success is showing up. (from Woody Allen)
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Binary Freak)
The .gif poster :adore:
I'm memorised by your pikachu pic.Can you calculate the motion of the pokeman ball?
TheTorysWin2015
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jeanlucpicard)
I'd like to think I've learnt alot already, but it's only until you see your parents and they say that classic line..."you still have so much to learn"..

Until that moment though...

What is the best life lesson you have learnt?

If in doubt, vote for the conservatives.
Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When you make a huge mistake, own up to it, accept responsibility for my actions, live with the consequences, try to mend the situation and most importantly, never to repeat it again. I lost the most precious thing in my life because I was stupid, I learned this lesson too late. I can't change the mistake I made, I have to live with the consequences.
It's_me
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"The best revenge in life is success"

No need to kick and scream or lash out. Nothing makes people more angry than to know you've accomplished things they never can
Chappers18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Take action
esbo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fourier Transform.
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by esbo)
Fourier Transform.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Geometric flow.
Quantum physics
Pathology
esbo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
95% of success is having a rich dad/mom, the other 5% is criminal activity usually drug dealing
Synapsida
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That life itself is an challenge and the only way forward is self-discipline and looking out for one's self propose.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (55)
67.9%
No I haven't decided yet (17)
20.99%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.11%

Watched Threads