Girls, how would you feel being described as innocent? Watch

Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Girl next door innocence ie choosey but very much interested in sex is fine but childlike naievity wouldn't be good..
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
I've been called this before, by my past two boyfriends. I find it condescending and I feel like it's a 2-dimensional assessment of my character.

I like reading, painting, go for walks in the country, quiet nights in with a flim etc. I guess I'm introverted, but I'm also a 24 year old woman with ambition and drive and I'm not wet behind the ears. I think ''innocent'' would have been a good way of describing me when I was 6 years old but when someone calls me that as a young woman, I personally find it irritating. Just because I don't get off my head and go clubbing most nights a week or have dozens or ex's - does not mean I'm a sweet little daffodil. I don't like being regarded as a fragile little flower because I'm not - and that's what comes to mind when a guy calls me ''innocent''. It's a complete turnoff because it shows a lack of understanding of my personality and it seems like an underhanded way of trying to make me submissive. But that's just me, some women might like it.
TheWaffle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Multitalented me)
Just wondering, I personally prefer the girl next door type who has a little bit of innocence about her, there's something about it that draws me in For example I know this girl who's very sweet natured, pretty quiet & likes reading, horse riding & things like that in her spare time & we've had some nice, serious conversations, but then I know this other girl who is much louder, likes clubbing/partying, pretty experienced with guys & well the conversations can be quite different haha, but I get on well enough with both, just contrasting personalities really
I get called innocent because I am a virgin who doesn't smoke or drink. Not sure how I feel about it tbh. My favourite hobbies are things like piano playing, writing, acting and going on walks.
TheWaffle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been called this before, by my past two boyfriends. I find it condescending and I feel like it's a 2-dimensional assessment of my character.

I like reading, painting, go for walks in the country, quiet nights in with a flim etc. I guess I'm introverted, but I'm also a 24 year old woman with ambition and drive and I'm not wet behind the ears. I think ''innocent'' would have been a good way of describing me when I was 6 years old but when someone calls me that as a young woman, I personally find it irritating. Just because I don't get off my head and go clubbing most nights a week or have dozens or ex's - does not mean I'm a sweet little daffodil. I don't like being regarded as a fragile little flower because I'm not - and that's what comes to mind when a guy calls me ''innocent''. It's a complete turnoff because it shows a lack of understanding of my personality and it seems like an underhanded way of trying to make me submissive. But that's just me, some women might like it.
I agree. Some guys see me only as a list of qualities that will fit into their fantasies and not as a whole person.
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by TheWaffle)
I get called innocent because I am a virgin who doesn't smoke or drink. Not sure how I feel about it tbh. My favourite hobbies are things like piano playing, writing, acting and going on walks.
Fair enough, I suppose it's kinda related to the unassuming type of girl, oh cool piano & writing is nice
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, definitely not, but it depends on the context.
Somebody once asked me whether I smoked or drank and I said no. The response was 'Oh, I guess that means youre an innocent good girl who goes to church.' I found it incredibly patronising. No, I dont smoke or drink because its not something that's appealing to me. It annoys me thinking about it.
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
I don't mind, I get it all ze time :sexface:
Decorpi12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm always called innocent probably because I'm quiet and very transparent. I don't mind it; it's just who I am. But it might be confused with naive.
Smileyface97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't mind being called innocent but I just don't want guys to think I am naive or not mature enough because I am an innocent person.
lorn.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i've been called it a few times
i just like to keep personal life personal so i come across as innocent ha
gymbound
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lmao. Story of my life 🙆
Anonymous #3
Report 4 years ago
I'd feel patronised. Innocent to me means inexperienced, gullible, even sort of has connotations of being virginal. Maybe use another word? I know what you are getting at...perhaps don't say anything at all? Just think it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.84%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.68%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.67%
It might lead to more bullying (83)
35.47%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.34%

Watched Threads

Latest