Anyone feeling demotivated? Watch

pagorai
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
Right before I sleep I feel like crap. So I watch those Oxford videos on youtube to cheer me up slightly.

Don't worry. GCSE aren't the be all end all. Do you do short burst of revision session, or a long one? You seem to be doing work so you should be able to get a good grades (I've left mine until the week before the exams -.-)

You're not, you can turn thing around Are those YouTube videos a part of your revision?
Unfortunately no, i just get distracted very very easily.
drowzee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Joining the club. I have my AS exams this year, and I just have no motivation at all.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by DeadEnd_96)
This video is for those of you that lack motivation
x
The most overused video for motivation. -.-

(Original post by RainbowKiwi)
Uni work is getting too much for me. I always feel inadequate and my low self-esteem and confidence keeps making me think I'm not good enough to do anything compared to everyone else. Some days I think what's the point? Yesterday was one of those days.
Look on the bright side: you were accepted into that course compared to those that weren't so you are good enough; you are working hard so have a bit more confidence; you're aware that it's difficult and you're admitting it (so now it's a matter of what you can do to overcome this obstacle).

I'm kind of like that, so I've been disciplining myself: whenever those thoughts appear I instantly tr to reject it and say to myself that if I give up now than I've spent all those years of hard work for nothing.

(Original post by Emily.97)
Feel a bit demotivated/fed up from thinking about my future and how scared I am about attending a work place for the first time.
At least you seem to have it sorted. I'm currently floating in life and still don't know what to do, despite making a huge diagram of potential courses, jobs and other fields I could go into (my current one has about 40 -.-).

Yay same, well you should expect a surprise in your inbox tonight
War-Mac
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone feeling demotivated? I wanted to make a thread for people to gain motivation, but don't want to write loads; so let's cheer each other instead :2euk48l:
I'm feeling extremely demotivated and fed up with absolutely everything. I'm in sixth form doing my AS levels. I don't enjoy any of my classes because all of the teachers are bad. There is lots of wasted time in class and I don't see the point of me going to class when we pretty much just waste time. I took Maths with statistics, Business, Economics and product design.
kkboyk
Rep:
?
(Original post by drowzee)
Joining the club. I have my AS exams this year, and I just have no motivation at all.
What subjects are you doing?

(Original post by pagorai)
Unfortunately no, i just get distracted very very easily.
Name a few things that distract you? Have you tried disciplining yourself to not be distracted easily?
War-Mac
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Join the club :2euk48l:
I joined weeks ago.
pagorai
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What subjects are you doing?

Name a few things that distract you? Have you tried disciplining yourself to not be distracted easily?
Literally anything. Its like my brain is ready to do anything apart from revising. Right now, i am really overwhelmed therefore i think i am tryna distract myself from thinking about it.
kkboyk
Rep:
?
(Original post by War-Mac)
I joined weeks ago.
If only this was a real life club -.-

(Original post by pagorai)
Literally anything. Its like my brain is ready to do anything apart from revising. Right now, i am really overwhelmed therefore i think i am tryna distract myself from thinking about it.
Are you interested in your subject? I tend to do that whenever I'm honestly not interested or tired -.-
T.I.P
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes as its been set-back after set back lately... I feel like giving up but I'm not going to, I'm just going to put more effort in and invest the time. I've cut out alot of enjoyment in my life in order to study harder.
boods8897
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Yay same, well you should expect a surprise in your inbox tonight
Lifesaver Are you at uni now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
pagorai
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If only this was a real life club -.-

Are you interested in your subject? I tend to do that whenever I'm honestly not interested or tired -.-
I was but i honestly don't know right now. I wouldn't mind revising if i could just get away with the exams but UK's exam techniques is still new to me so i have alot to work on which is annoying and tiring and just...i just dont wanna do it
kkboyk
Rep:
?
(Original post by T.I.P)
Yes as its been set-back after set back lately... I feel like giving up but I'm not going to, I'm just going to put more effort in and invest the time. I've cut out alot of enjoyment in my life in order to study harder.
I've done that and the my life has became very dull -.-

(Original post by boods8897)
Lifesaver Are you at uni now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, still doing A-levels.
Splashy108
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had saved some Chinese takeaway for tomorrow and when I woke up it was gone. My sister had eaten it.
Life isn't worth living without crispy shredded beef
username1467365
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not motivated to do this assignment :/
Clara96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Very!! I really want to go to University as well and I will still sit here for a full day and procrastinate like a pro. Ive been saying for 2 months now Ill start revision and I still havent. Only have 2 months till my exams now and I hardly went in during the first part of the year so I have a lot to learn and re-learn. Sucks.
TheStoryteller
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Me (ironically because I tried to post a motivation thread last time )

I can't do anything right. Correction: I can't do anything at all. I can't even breathe atm because my anxiety levels have been so high that they've somehow punctured my lungs
Clara96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheStoryteller)
Me (ironically because I tried to post a motivation thread last time )

I can't do anything right. Correction: I can't do anything at all. I can't even breathe atm because my anxiety levels have been so high that they've somehow punctured my lungs
Hope you're okay! Have you thought about leaving studying for a while, like taking a year out or something? Seems as if everything is getting on top of you. I have currently been going through bouts of depression and anxiety during my studies but I have already resat AS twice and now onto A2 otherwise I would have taken a year out! What level are you studying at?
TheStoryteller
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Clara96)
Hope you're okay! Have you thought about leaving studying for a while, like taking a year out or something? Seems as if everything is getting on top of you. I have currently been going through bouts of depression and anxiety during my studies but I have already resat AS twice and now onto A2 otherwise I would have taken a year out! What level are you studying at?
I'm trying to hang in there as much as possible. I actually did take a year out after my A2 year (so last year) and my exams here consist of both AS and A2 stuff combined into one A Level for each subject so I had a lot to study anyway. I ended up stressing out much more and getting worse over the year. Everyone expects me to get rid of my anxiety and depression but I can't no matter how much I try which has completely destroyed me inside.
AstroNandos
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just drank a couple of energy drinks to keep me going, but it's not really working. It's 10pm and I've still got 2-3 hours of homework that's due tomorrow, ahhhhhh

Yeah I'm pretty demotivated
Clara96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheStoryteller)
I'm trying to hang in there as much as possible. I actually did take a year out after my A2 year (so last year) and my exams here consist of both AS and A2 stuff combined into one A Level for each subject so I had a lot to study anyway. I ended up stressing out much more and getting worse over the year. Everyone expects me to get rid of my anxiety and depression but I can't no matter how much I try which has completely destroyed me inside.
Sounds like you're going through an awful time people dont understand if they dont have first hand experience. I think I have an idea of how you might be feeling right now. I know its hard and no matter what it wont just go away like people expect it to. Its a part of you which is a pretty depressing thought in itself. Doesnt mean it has to destroy you though! Have you seeked help or anything?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
23.95%
No (235)
76.05%

Watched Threads