The Student Room Group

Are the old concepts of love, commitment and relationships dead?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chocoholic_x
Okay, that's a shame, I wanted to dissuade you. Oh well, hardly ever do people come out of a debate having changed their mind, it usually only reinforces it. Damn the stubbornness of humans. :tongue:

This I can agree with.:tongue:
Feel free to chip in with your views guys.
Reply 42
Dead and it's women who have led the charge. The good news is "Open Marriage" is much more flexible and if it gets fully recognized legally, is sure to take over.
You're right I believe open relationships or marriage is the way forward for men. It's in our nature to procreate with multiple women so it makes perfect sense. Plus as I explained before with both genders growing further apart day by day with the feminist movement the love and commitment that once existed has gone, relationships now are purely for sexual reasons and women are no longer women. This makes perfect sense and I believe all relationships will be open in the future for men, the freedom is ours. :cool:
Feel free to chime in with your views lads let's see how you feel.
(edited 9 years ago)
I've been brought up in a nuclear family and regardless of what the rest of society thinks and does, I would not accept any other way of life for my future. My parents were there for me as a child and we did everything as a stable family. Open relationships, polygamy, people drifting out of people's lives and children growing up without stability, consistency and good parents figures... All disasters. Even taking children out of the equation, I see nothing good about having a life of multiple partners and promiscuity and no closeness or stability or sharing that a solid long-term relationship provides.
Original post by The Reasoner
You're right I believe open relationships or marriage is the way forward for men. It's in our nature to procreate with multiple women so it makes perfect sense. Plus as I explained before with both genders growing further apart day by day with the feminist movement the love and commitment that once existed has gone, relationships now are purely for sexual reasons and women are no longer women. This makes perfect sense and I believe all relationships will be open in the future for men, the freedom is ours. :cool:

Can you provide some evidence as to how genders have grown apart, how relationships are now purely for sexual reasons and how women are no longer women? You've made some huge generalisations in your post.
Original post by Veggiechic6
Can you provide some evidence as to how genders have grown apart, how relationships are now purely for sexual reasons and how women are no longer women? You've made some huge generalisations in your post.

You only need to open your eyes to see how the dynamics of modern relationships are changing, and it's women that are the cause of it.

Also I suggest you do a little research to see why me and many men now feel this way about women and soceity in general, i'll help you out with a few articles.

http://www.rooshv.com/women-are-abusive-when-not-socially-constrained
http://www.rooshv.com/the-true-nature-of-women
http://www.rooshv.com/feminism-killed-the-nice-guy
You only need to open your eyes to see how the dynamics of modern relationships are changing, and it's women that are the cause of it.

Also I suggest you do a little research to see why me and many men now feel this way about women and soceity in general, i'll help you out with a few articles.

http://www.rooshv.com/women-are-abusive-when-not-socially-constrained
http://www.rooshv.com/the-true-nature-of-women
http://www.rooshv.com/feminism-killed-the-nice-guy

I was asking you for evidence to back up the claims you've made. Directing me to some random guys blog does not answer this request.

You sound like a guy that I'm very glad I don't know in real life if you assume that all women are the same and want the same things in a relationship. I agree that some aspects of relationships have changed over the years (as things do normally change over time) but I fail to see how women are the driver for this. Another generalisation without a shred of evidence.
I was asking you for evidence to back up the claims you've made. Directing me to some random guys blog does not answer this request.

You sound like a guy that I'm very glad I don't know in real life if you assume that all women are the same and want the same things in a relationship. I agree that some aspects of relationships have changed over the years (as things do normally change over time) but I fail to see how women are the driver for this. Another generalisation without a shred of evidence.

As I said, open up your eyes my dear. You can choose to ignore all the articles I provided, it doesn't bother me. :smile:
Reply 50
Have you actually ever been outside? Because this "men and women are at war" bullcrap is just not a thing in the real world. Most people I know are either in traditional relationships or wishing they had one. I think you need to step away from the internet and talk to people in the real world, because the bitter neckbearded denizens of the internet are not representative of reality.
You seem to really hate women "The reasoner" . Do you think misogyny is okay?
As I said, open up your eyes my dear. You can choose to ignore all the articles I provided, it doesn't bother me. :smile:

I've ignored the articles because they are blog posts from some random guy's homemade website and cannot be classed as evidence or anything other than the opinion of an ordinary non-expert. No stats, no research, nothing at all. It's no different to somebody posting their opinion of the matter on this thread. I'll reply to you again if you ever get round to answering my question. Otherwise this is a waste of time.
Being a dickhead/slutburger will become even more of a norm and the majority will try to pretend they're 18 forever until they die. Everyone will be bitter. That's what will happen.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sweetpea000
You seem to really hate women "The reasoner" . Do you think misogyny is okay?

Not at all, I neither like nor dislike women and no I don't think misogyny is okay.

I've ignored the articles because they are blog posts from some random guy's homemade website and cannot be classed as evidence or anything other than the opinion of an ordinary non-expert. No stats, no research, nothing at all. It's no different to somebody posting their opinion of the matter on this thread. I'll reply to you again if you ever get round to answering my question. Otherwise this is a waste of time.
The man has experience of women from all different cultures and studies female behaviour. He knows what he's talking about.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lucaf
Have you actually ever been outside? Because this "men and women are at war" bullcrap is just not a thing in the real world. Most people I know are either in traditional relationships or wishing they had one. I think you need to step away from the internet and talk to people in the real world, because the bitter neckbearded denizens of the internet are not representative of reality.
He's probably just been dumped, hence all the bitter ranting :wink:
Original post by lucaf
Men and Women are very much at war, perhaps it's you that needs to get outside more. Just the other week I saw a march near me with a bunch of feminists protesting against domestic abuse from males in relationships, ignoring the fact that this works both ways. Women have started the war but more men are starting to fight back. I predict a revolution in the coming years as men fight back against these aggressive feminists that exist in todays soceity.
Original post by lucaf

Came here to post exactly this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're right I believe open relationships or marriage is the way forward for men. It's in our nature to procreate with multiple women so it makes perfect sense. :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree. It's also in women's nature to procreate with multiple men so everyone wins (though I'm sure you knew this before you posted)
Source: http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/sep/03/anthonybrowne.theobserver
Plus as I explained before with both genders growing further apart day by day with the feminist movement the love and commitment that once existed has gone, relationships now are purely for sexual reasons and women are no longer women. This makes perfect sense and I believe all relationships will be open in the future for men, the freedom is ours.

Not sure how 'women are no longer women'? Does a sexual relationship remove that second X chromosome? Kindly explain.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by xloichan
Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree. It's also in women's nature to procreate with multiple men so everyone wins (though I'm sure you knew this before you posted)

Are you in an open relationship or have any interest in open relationships? I agree, humans are not designed to be monogamous and it's in both genders nature to procreate with multiple partners, I honeslty believe all relationships will be non monogamous in the future. As you said everyones a winner. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending