minastauriel
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have an offer for illustration but Im currently very torn between applying to Falmouth or AUB.
plasticsheen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by charlottei)
Congratulations! Yay, another Graphic Design person. I'm ridiculously excited too! Where are you doing your foundation?
Oxford Brookes University
charlottei
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by minastauriel)
I have an offer for illustration but Im currently very torn between applying to Falmouth or AUB.
Well, I think you can probably guess where I'd recommend! Seriously though, if you haven't visited them both then I can confirm that the atmosphere I felt in Falmouth was significantly better and it just seemed like an amazing place to study. Of course it's up to you though.

(Original post by plasticsheen)
Oxford Brookes University
Nice!
chloetheunicorn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahh congratulations on your offer!! And no problem, I'm just glad people like it
Are you coming from A Levels or an art foundation?
Art Foundation

I have all my offers now but I'm scared to make everything final haha. :p:S
Failinis
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just got a reply from all of my choices.
I think I have till the 6th of May to reply, but I don't know who my back up choice will be.
Falmouth is my firm, but dunno about the second.
charlottei
Rep:
?
(Original post by Failinis)
I just got a reply from all of my choices.
I think I have till the 6th of May to reply, but I don't know who my back up choice will be.
Falmouth is my firm, but dunno about the second.
Nice, glad you're picking Falmouth! Where else have you got offers from?
Failinis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nice, glad you're picking Falmouth! Where else have you got offers from?
I got offers back from Falmouth, Brighton, Cardiff Met, Ulster (Belfast), Magee (Derry), NCAD, NUIG, BCA, DIADT.

Brighton is expensive and raising student numbers from 40-50 to 70-80 in space of one year so might not be good.
Cardiff messed up my application and was a headache.
Ulster course is very much into typography and graphics more than Illustration.
Magee course is in Design, too broad, do not really like it.
I will more than likely put Belfast as my back up but I really want Falmouth.

As for the others, I would prefer not to be in ROI.

How about you?
charlottei
Rep:
?
I got offers back from Falmouth, Brighton, Cardiff Met, Ulster (Belfast), Magee (Derry), NCAD, NUIG, BCA, DIADT.

Brighton is expensive and raising student numbers from 40-50 to 70-80 in space of one year so might not be good.
Cardiff messed up my application and was a headache.
Ulster course is very much into typography and graphics more than Illustration.
Magee course is in Design, too broad, do not really like it.
I will more than likely put Belfast as my back up but I really want Falmouth.

As for the others, I would prefer not to be in ROI.

How about you?
Wow, I had no idea you could apply to so many!

Reading through that I completely understand why you're drawn towards Falmouth.

I got offers from Falmouth, Norwich University of Arts, Leeds College of Art, Hertfordshire uni and Arts Uni Bournemouth.
It was a slightly difficult choice for me, as I really liked NUA too and I would have been happy to go to Leeds or Hertfordshire. But the more I thought about it the more evident it became that Falmouth was the place for me!
Ellpaigee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I noticed the 2014 Falmouth freshers thread was already made by this point in the year, so I thought it was about time we had one too!

So who has received offers from/firmed Falmouth, and what subjects are you all doing?
Hello! I just firmed my offer from Falmouth to study Fine Art. :gigg:
charlottei
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ellpaigee)
Hello! I just firmed my offer from Falmouth to study Fine Art. :gigg:
Ahh congratulations! That's great. Do you know what accommodation you're staying at yet?
Ellpaigee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahh congratulations! That's great. Do you know what accommodation you're staying at yet?
No I'm a bit undecided because of being at the Falmouth campus. I think it would be easier to meet people in accommodation that has more students there such as Glasney. I have been thinking maybe the Sidings though.
Failinis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow, I had no idea you could apply to so many!

Reading through that I completely understand why you're drawn towards Falmouth.

I got offers from Falmouth, Norwich University of Arts, Leeds College of Art, Hertfordshire uni and Arts Uni Bournemouth.
It was a slightly difficult choice for me, as I really liked NUA too and I would have been happy to go to Leeds or Hertfordshire. But the more I thought about it the more evident it became that Falmouth was the place for me!
Well I use UCAS for the UK Universities and CAO for the ROI Universities, its a different country so you just use their application process. (Too expensive so sticking to UK lol)

I almost applied to Leeds but tried to keep all my choices near each other so I could do all my interviews in the one week.

Falmouth looks fantastic little place, and the course looks pretty decent.

No I'm a bit undecided because of being at the Falmouth campus. I think it would be easier to meet people in accommodation that has more students there such as Glasney. I have been thinking maybe the Sidings though.
The student guide I had said he spend his 1st year in the sidings, it was quiet and not very social, if you want to have a laugh and all I think Glasney would be better.
charlottei
Rep:
?
Yeah that was the dilemma I was facing as well! Graphic Design is at the Falmouth campus too. I was tempted to apply to Tuke House actually, but the more I looked into Glasney the more it looked like the best option. I am drawn to the more social aspect of it.

Well I use UCAS for the UK Universities and CAO for the ROI Universities, its a different country so you just use their application process. (Too expensive so sticking to UK lol)

I almost applied to Leeds but tried to keep all my choices near each other so I could do all my interviews in the one week.

Falmouth looks fantastic little place, and the course looks pretty decent.

The student guide I had said he spend his 1st year in the sidings, it was quiet and not very social, if you want to have a laugh and all I think Glasney would be better.
Ahh I see! That makes sense actually, now that I think about it. I didn't know it was any more expensive though.

My interviews were all over the place, aha. Falmouth was by far the furthest though (although I guess it was a lot worse for you)! It's definitely worth it though... I agree, Falmouth is an amazing place.
rosesangie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have an offer at Falmouth for Fashion Photography!! Super excited! I'm thinking Glasney too as it's newer and theres that uni atmosphere that everyone looks forward too! I've talked to some Falmouth students and they said some of the older accommodation building had mould and made everyone sick so beware!!
charlottei
Rep:
?
Hi everyone, just wanted to remind you all that accommodation applications open TOMORROW (8th April) between 9 AM and 1 PM. Make sure you apply quickly to get the best chance at your perfect room.

(Original post by rosesangie)
I have an offer at Falmouth for Fashion Photography!! Super excited! I'm thinking Glasney too as it's newer and theres that uni atmosphere that everyone looks forward too! I've talked to some Falmouth students and they said some of the older accommodation building had mould and made everyone sick so beware!!
Congratulations on your offer! I'm really excited too. And wow, that's pretty scary... glad I'm applying to Glasney haha.
daphnesx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I have a conditional offer for Marine and Natural History Photography but I'm pretty much on the course already. Thanks for starting the thread(:
I'm applying to Glasney btw
esmemay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey :-) I have got a conditional offer for the Drawing BA. Just applied for Glasney as my top choice accommodation!
George_Murph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I noticed the 2014 Falmouth freshers thread was already made by this point in the year, so I thought it was about time we had one too!

So who has received offers from/firmed Falmouth, and what subjects are you all doing?
Hey! I accepted an offer for Graphic Design as my firm choice and also applied for accommodation earlier at Glasney

SO exited now and happy to see other G.Design students
charlottei
Rep:
?
(Original post by daphnesx)
Hi I have a conditional offer for Marine and Natural History Photography but I'm pretty much on the course already. Thanks for starting the thread(:
I'm applying to Glasney btw
(Original post by esmemay)
Hey :-) I have got a conditional offer for the Drawing BA. Just applied for Glasney as my top choice accommodation!
Congratulations on your offers! Also good choice of accommodation, aha. I submitted my application to Glasney this morning... really hope I got it in in time.

(Original post by George_Murph)
Hey! I accepted an offer for Graphic Design as my firm choice and also applied for accommodation earlier at Glasney

SO exited now and happy to see other G.Design students
Yay, another Graphic Design student
Yeah, I know, I'm really excited too! Where else did you apply?
George_Murph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Yay, another Graphic Design student
Yeah, I know, I'm really excited too! Where else did you apply?
UWE Bristol for Graphic Design and Illustration, Cardiff Met for Graphic Communication and Falmouth for Graphic Design and Illustration too!

What about you?

I thought that Falmouth was by far the best place- the campus is so beautiful in the sun too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Falmouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Falmouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 30 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads