Am I the only one that doesn't give two ****s about this weeks news happenings? Watch

Novascope
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Daniel Crockett)
ISIS is relevant to everybody.They are committing Genocide. This worsening battle is not another Iraq nuke goose chase. Its not a government accused of owning nukes that they may or may not use. This is terrorists that have started their own country, and it's really working. Their goal is to conquer every other country that won't enforce its Sharia Law. Worse than Hitler, they kill everybody including their own just for changing their mind about their religion. If a woman gets raped, their law is that they kill both the man and the 'tainted' woman. Shocking.
Yes I know what ISIS are doing. But for many of us their actions aren't and probably won't ever effect some of us (if something is done soon to stop them) The OP said they want stuff that relevant to them. ISIS killing people in another country is not relevant to the OP just like the plane crash in another country wasn't relevant to them in their eyes.
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thought this was gonna be a heartless post about the plane crash.

Perhaps you should start diverting your attention away from things that are not news but the media claims it to be so, and towards things that are worth our time and consideration.
Coo Juice
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends how you limit relevance
Coo Juice
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Novascope)
Yes I know what ISIS are doing. But for many of us their actions aren't and probably won't ever effect some of us (if something is done soon to stop them) The OP said they want stuff that relevant to them. ISIS killing people in another country is not relevant to the OP just like the plane crash in another country wasn't relevant to them in their eyes.
Depends how you limit relevance
Emily.97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Daenerys...)
Glad to know I'm not the only one then.

As for the plane crash, sad but after hearing about it more than 2 times it easily becomes annoying, keeps popping up in conversations.
I doubt you'd be so readily dismissing it if it was somebody you loved that died in that crash.
Castro Saint
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes I'm talking about Jeremy Clarkson sacking and Zayn quitting. I couldn't give a flying **** if I tried. But it's what people are talking about all this week like seriously give me a break, I don't care.

Also the plane crashing was sad an' all but again I'm not really interested about freak accidents happening in another country.

Am I alone in feeling this way?
I am 100% with you OP <3
hassyrocks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Surely, heartless ****= let this happen to ya next time, and I will see how your family won't cry over you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
frostyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not sure how making this thread translates into caring but whatever, I've got no interest in entertaining third-rate logic this early into my day.
People who don't care about something don't usually tend talk or think about it, moreover try to prove to others that their emotionless beliefs are actually emotionless beliefs. But yeah, sorry for interrupting your "no ****s given" ceremony with my third-rate logic. Just make sure to write 'I don't care what you think' in your reply to this post and we'll be clear on you not giving two ****s on what some internet dude says.
Tom78
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And this week on the news:

Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson Clarkson
Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik Zayn Malik
Aeroplane Aeroplane Aeroplane Aeroplane Aeroplane Aeroplane Aeroplane Aeroplane Aeroplane Aeroplane Aeroplane Aeroplane
Daenerys...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by frostyy)
People who don't care about something don't usually tend talk or think about it, moreover try to prove to others that their emotionless beliefs are actually emotionless beliefs. But yeah, sorry for interrupting your "no ****s given" ceremony with my third-rate logic. Just make sure to write 'I don't care what you think' in your reply to this post and we'll be clear on you not giving two ****s on what some internet dude says.
If you didn't get the hint from my previous post I'm not interested in the pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a school kid. gtfo
Daenerys...
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily.97)
I doubt you'd be so readily dismissing it if it was somebody you loved that died in that crash.

That's exactly my point. It didn't happen to me or my loved ones so I don't care. Never heard of Germanwings before either always use the emirate airlines or BA.

It's sad that people died I acknowledged that much but is it really something I want to waste time talking and thinking about? No.
Daenerys...
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuziieB)
You actually irritate me. No sane, sensible women should listen to you please.

You give feminists such a bad name.
So you think the young woman deserved to have died? And what do you think of the Police response? Is it justified?

I'm not a feminist only when it suits me Suzie.
frostyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you didn't get the hint from my previous post I'm not interested in the pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a school kid. gtfo
if you didn't get the hint from my last post, you not answering me would show your TSR attention givers that you DONT CARE (wanted so badly huh) about what I say

i'm so sorry I had to hurt those non-existent feelings, I 'feel' bad:ahhhhh:
SuziieB
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you think the young woman deserved to have died? And what do you think of the Police response? Is it justified?

I'm not a feminist only when it suits me Suzie.
Don't you think it's sexist that you only care about the young woman because she's a female? Would you care if it was a man?

Why then don't you care about the women that died in the plane crash? Why don't you care about the men too? (since you're all for equality) it's the horrible horrible attitude of modern day feminists like yourself that irritates me, you don't care about the rest of the wide world, just anything relevant to yourself. That's why in india, women would be raped and murdered at the hands of their husbands and you'll be safely here claiming it's not relevant to you.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Daniel Crockett)
It absolutely is relevant to you, in that the crash is due to a pilot being locked out of the cabin. These locks were installed following September 11th's terrorist attacks to prevent aeroplane hijack. It now emerges that if the co-pilot goes for a piss, and the pilot falls unconscious, it leads to the death of 150 people. I would say that is incredibly relevant to anybody who sets foot on a plane.
Not true. The co-pilot had to manually start the descent. If he fell unconscious the autopilot would keep the plane flying perfectly normally.

That's exactly my point. It didn't happen to me or my loved ones so I don't care. Never heard of Germanwings before either always use the emirate airlines or BA.
Perhaps it you don't think it will affect you directly, but the knock on might.
As a result of this, it may become mandatory for aircraft to have 2 people on the flight deck at all times.
This means aircraft will have to have more crew on board.
That means more people to be employed.
That means more wages on crew.
That means higher ticket prices for you. So now it does affect you.
It also means more might be done to assess pilot's mental states. However that also costs money. That too will mean your tickets cost more.

Still think the story doesn't affect you?
Laomedeia
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GeorgeTownsend)
I couldn't care less about the stories on Clarkson and Malik, but I find the plane crash pretty major news.
Same here. Was the pun with the OP not giving a flying f**** intentional?
VannR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The plane crash was big news. The stuff about burying Richard III was utterly irrelevant to me, and most likely to everyone else. I guess the one thing that came out of that coverage is understanding the meaning of username of fellow TSRian 'Plantagenet Crown'.
HuggleyDuck
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What about the news that Boko Haram might have abducted several hundred more women and girls in Nigeria?
WishIHadRevised
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Honestly OP just stfu about the plane crash. Empathy and compassion are basic traits everyone should have like seriously you should be ashamed but I doubt you're intelligent enough to realise what an ******** you are. Ffs people like you ruin this country/the planet in general.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably you are not. I am not one of the others you are thinking of.

The loss of life from what may have been a deliberate act is awful.

As for Jeremy Clarkson leaving Top Gear, it for me was something to be pleased about. Workplace aggression and bullying is not acceptable.

Zayn leaving One Direction disappointed me in that it was only him and not the other four as well. What it demonstrated was that Simon Cowell is someone who overworks people, and is about as good for music as McDonalds is to food.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads