Christmas meet up Watch

beyknowles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
well it goes without saying. 4 year old me can be picked up and shoved in a bag. Would be a bit difficult to do that to 20 year old me lol.
We clearly aren't talking about 4 year olds here, I'm not sure they would know how to meet someone online and meet up with them. What I'm saying is a 16 year old internet user who meets someone online and meets up with them is just as vulnerable as a 30 year old.
username360639
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by beyknowles)
Age and where about online you meet somewhere is irrelevant. I think it's risky even if you've been speaking to them for four years and you Skype and ring each other every day. It's just not right to my brain lol
Depends if the Skype call actually shows their face though..
beyknowles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Loafing.Charizard)
Depends if the Skype call actually shows their face though..
If they show their face, and they face time you, and they get a friend in the face time who says "this person is ..... on TSR I can confirm", it's still risky
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We clearly aren't talking about 4 year olds here, I'm not sure they would know how to meet someone online and meet up with them. What I'm saying is a 16 year old internet user who meets someone online and meets up with them is just as vulnerable as a 30 year old.
Well the 30 year old would be more experienced so they'd be a bit more cautious.

If they show their face, and they face time you, and they get a friend in the face time who says "this person is ..... on TSR I can confirm", it's still risky
Sure it is. But everything is risky. You could be kidnapped or mugged on your way home from work or a night out or whatever.

For me personally. I've been in loads of violent situations so I just don't find most things a big deal as I reckon I could probably get away if it turned out bad.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also what about internet dating and the countless people who meet up on there? lol.
username360639
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you arrange to meet up in public, where there are a lot of people say afternoon time, it's not risky. Plus you've seen the person's face and spoken to them so...Unless they told some lies to you about who they are regardless of what their face looks like..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads