4 weeks off for Easter at uni a bit excess Watch

Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ZolaCFC25)
I'm far too homely for that. Rushed my dissertation in my first degree in 6 days and somehow scraped a 2:1. I could have finished it the summer before final year and chilled the hell out! Might do that this time in my law degree... applications all June and July, then dissertation August if I'm not doing any placements. Especially since I play cricket in the summer and it takes up nearly 3-4 days a week from 2 weeks pre-Easter onwards.
I'm in a work situation at uni where I can't transfer around. This job has a lot of future opportunities so am not leaving that. Will be moving into a flat with someone from work and work on my dissy / preparing stuff for the third year!
ZolaCFC25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Roving Fish)
I'm in a work situation at uni where I can't transfer around. This job has a lot of future opportunities so am not leaving that. Will be moving into a flat with someone from work and work on my dissy / preparing stuff for the third year!
I know plenty of people who did that. Going to be helluva productive summer for you! Which city/uni?
Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know plenty of people who did that. Going to be helluva productive summer for you! Which city/uni?
Worcester/Uni of
Blazar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where?!
Open Uni level 2. And they say the OU is for slackers...
lewif002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I dunno?

We're not at school anymore so the satisfaction of having time off isn't really there anymore... uni is hardly demanding, even on a law course.

Also, 4 weeks off, then another 3-4 weeks before exams? I should kind of be revising but there's still a bit of time left.

I dunno, I'm really bored at home already and we're less than a week in?!
Buy an Xbox, or take up something you enjoy. Get a cinema pass, get a Netflix account, teach yourself to cook, go take up a sport, start lifting weights, go to town and meet friends or random people.

Once you start work you will only get 5 weeks off PER YEAR and each and every day will be haunted with the dread of going back to work soon. So enjoy your responsibility free time off whilst you can and enjoy doing nothing. Lay in until 10am. Go for a job. Bake a cake for your family. Go meet a friend. Play some games on a console. Take a nap. Watch a tv series. Watch a film. Eat some fruit. Browse these forums. Do some revision. Play with a pet or take it out for a walk. Just enjoy yourself. You're free right now, but you won't be in 5 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ZolaCFC25
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by lewif002)
Buy an Xbox, or take up something you enjoy. Get a cinema pass, get a Netflix account, teach yourself to cook, go take up a sport, start lifting weights, go to town and meet friends or random people.

Once you start work you will only get 5 weeks off PER YEAR and each and every day will be haunted with the dread of going back to work soon. So enjoy your responsibility free time off whilst you can and enjoy doing nothing. Lay in until 10am. Go for a job. Bake a cake for your family. Go meet a friend. Play some games on a console. Take a nap. Watch a tv series. Watch a film. Eat some fruit. Browse these forums. Do some revision. Play with a pet or take it out for a walk. Just enjoy yourself. You're free right now, but you won't be in 5 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I play fifa and I'm flair but played so much over the year. I'm injured so can't play sport otherwise would be mega busy! Going to get back to lifting slowly in the garage gym.

Thanks for the motivation. Im gonna revise/gym and get fit/dog walk/game/see mates for the next 3 weeks!
lewif002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I play fifa and I'm flair but played so much over the year. I'm injured so can't play sport otherwise would be mega busy! Going to get back to lifting slowly in the garage gym.

Thanks for the motivation. Im gonna revise/gym and get fit/dog walk/game/see mates for the next 3 weeks!
Good on you! Don't let yourself down. You'll find when you start going out more and doing other things you'll probably find you want to play FIFA again for an hour here and there. And that's ok, as long as it is not the purpose of your day. Use it for a break and a time filler

Peace bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
-=|Jay|=-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've officially had all of my classes now.

I'm going back on the 13th and my professors gave us an extension on all assignments by 1 week because in previous years Easter was 5 weeks AND some of us had projects to carry out that take like a week in addition to the assignments.

I'm not done with my work yet. I need the 4 weeks because otherwise I'd have zero time to take a break. >_>
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads