• Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Biryani007)
Ed is quite fiesty :lol:
Quite sassy!

'Don't be so presumptuous! You're important, Jeremy, but you're not that important!'
:yy:
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Wow somehow Ed's turned it around on Paxman!
TheMagicRat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The crowd are with him. This is one hell of a comeback from Miliband after an awful start.
Biryani007
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Paxman's attacking the poor guy.
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Al-farhan)
Ed is flustering.
I don't blame him; Jeremy Paxman has been absolutely brutal.
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think Milliband nailed the last 2 minutes, and with that the contest. Anyone agree?
Coo Juice
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
north london geek was way below the belt! but you didnt see milliband fold did you, he jumped back up again
GraceTheSheep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Biryani007)
Paxman's attacking the poor guy.
Totally agree. What's with all the personal questions? He's supposed to be interviewed on his policies, not his appearance.
Al-farhan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GraceTheSheep)
Totally agree. What's with all the personal questions? He's supposed to be interviewed on his policies, not his appearance.
Does Paxman have tory leanings?
Everglow
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cole-slaw)
I think Milliband nailed the last 2 minutes, and with that the contest. Anyone agree?
Yep.

I think the last remark from Paxman about essentially living in his brother's shadow is ridiculous. What does he expect him to say to that? Ed handled himself very well, I'd say - especially against a pretty obnoxious display from Paxman.
bobbyismyname
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Paxman's questions aren't even political any more, just thinly veiled personal attacks on Miliband, it really rather embarrassing.
Biryani007
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Reluire)
Quite sassy! 'Don't be so presumptuous! You're important, Jeremy, but you're not that important!' :yy:
Haha he needed someone to put him in his place!

(Original post by cole-slaw)
Mhmm, agreed.
GraceTheSheep
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Al-farhan)
Does Paxman have tory leanings?
I'm not sure, but the woman presenter definitely does. "Your poor Mum" was a particularly low blow.
JM17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What a patronising little **** Paxman became at the end. He was fishing for a bite and Miliband wouldn't give him it - so he went personal. Typical and in terms of his job good performance from Paxman, but it didn't work and Miliband held him off very well.

Came across that Miliband was more caring about the people while I wouldn't be surprised if Paxman was one of Cameron's chums.
MrDystopia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'll most likely be voting Tory, and I'm not really a fan of Ed at all. But holy moly Paxman is so over the top with these attacks. It's just cringey to watch.
sevchenko
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Miliband dispelling a few misconceptions about himself towards the end. Pure passion and honesty from the man.
Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrDystopia)
I'll most likely be voting Tory, and I'm not really a fan of Ed at all. But holy moly Paxman is so over the top with these attacks. It's just cringey to watch.
+1

I still have no confidence in Ed and his policies. I live in Tory areas anyway (Worcester & SE Cornwall).
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by miser)
David Cameron and Ed Miliband are about to go live on Sky and Channel 4 in a Q&A hosted by Jeremy Paxman and Kay Burley.

I thought it would be good to have a commentary thread running in case people are watching!

It can also be watched live on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAoM...ure=inp-lt-uke

Oh no.. I didn't realise this would be on today.

I hope it will be on demand.
joey11223
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Missed the end, wonder if this is going to be on iplayer or anything so I can watch it another time..
Biryani007
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GraceTheSheep)
Exactly.
Paxman was waiting for him to get all flustered but he was being all sassy instead...that's when he got personal :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
65.66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21.21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.13%

Watched Threads