Turn on thread page Beta

How long did you date someone before you had sex? watch

ReputationRep:
    5 months. He was my first "proper" boyfriend so I was still a virgin at the time. He was very good to me and tried to be as patient as possible, though at times I could see he was struggling lol
    Anyway, I think it depends on each person and relationship - it can take more or less time, as long as you both feel properly ready then that's all that matters imo

I'd known him about 9 months, by the time we slept together and I lost my virginity to him we'd been back on for a month after a 4-month break. I imagine people don't wait as long in a relationship that's not quite as on/off or if it's not one person's first time - I guess for most people it's within the first few weeks or first couple of dates.

ReputationRep:
    Both 16 at the time, together not even 2 weeks, both lost virginity to each other, still together now so wasn't just a stupid decision, although it was quite rash hahaha. Funny that it wasn't my (the guys) idea though 😂

I'm still a virgin and in this case I'd wait at least 4-5 months as I've never been in a proper relationship (I've never dated the same guy for more than two months) so I don't want to regret it later.

i don't think I'll care about it after losing my virginity with the one I like, I might do it with someone the first time we go on a date.

ReputationRep:
    7 months, lost my virginity to him. We are still going strong and will hopefully go on to have little ones of our own^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guess it depends what you mean by "dating".. but my ex and I (my first and only boyfriend yet) had sex way before either of us admitted to liking the other, let alone making things official

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.