Turn on thread page Beta

What would you like the Conservative government do first? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    Put air bags on the stock market ready for the next crash, then we can deal with housing.
    The one in about 6 years time.

Follows the normal economic cycle. 2 years bust, 8 good years.

Nobody's promised 'no more book or bust though.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Again. Councils don't make you sofa surf. They'll house you if you are going to become homeless.

The governments support for vulnerable people is diluted by time wasters.

We have a poster on here who has mild dyslexia and claims to be a high earning city broker who fights for the rights of the disabled that he feels the last government targeted. Time and time and time again he is told to shut up by disabled posters
    I didn't have a home. I was homeless. I was left to worry for myself at 14/15 years old and away from a few members of my immediate family like my dad.

I don't see what the reference has to do with this? I have multiple mental illnesses and I what mental health care to be better since I don;t feel well treated under the government guidlness that Cameron has given and I don;t think he allocates enough help to those with mental illnesses. I can pull references out as well. I don't how you can say that "time wasters" dont matter either? Give me an example.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, councils will not house you unless you have kids.

Friends of of mine were homeless when subject to a housing scam and not knowing that the property was being let illegally.

The the coucil just told them there was nothing they could do. All they needed was somewhere for enough time to regroup and find a place to rent. They were in work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holly1798)
    I didn't have a home. I was homeless. I was left to worry for myself at 14/15 years old and away from a few members of my immediate family like my dad.

I don't see what the reference has to do with this? I have multiple mental illnesses and I what mental health care to be better since I don;t feel well treated under the government guidlness that Cameron has given and I don;t think he allocates enough help to those with mental illnesses. I can pull references out as well. I don't how you can say that "time wasters" dont matter either? Give me an example.
    Sorry. Don't believe you.

No council would've put you on the streets at 14/15, even a labour councillor.

ReputationRep:

exactly

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, let's see...

1) Repeal fracking. Dirty, dirty business.
    2) Say that they won't repeal the fox hunting. Absolutely barbaric, unnecessary, cruel and I cannot believe Cameron wants to bring it back.
    3) Not increase tuition fees any further.
    4) Actually help those who are now relying on food banks
    5) Stop privatisation of the NHS. Yes, I know it was started by the government before 2010. But why take it any further when we can look at America and see how poor their system is!?
    6) Stop culling badgers. Totally unnecessary and against scientific reasoning and opinion.
    7) Stop trashing the environment for short term benefit. Yes, I know the economy is important...but do they honestly think GDP will save you from drowning, breathing in smogs, or something else like that!?

Well, I'm going to stop here as I have a list that's about 50 long, but I have revision to get on with...

ReputationRep:
    Quite Simply, Too **** off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemicalBond)
    Ooh, let's see...

2) Say that they won't repeal the fox hunting. Absolutely barbaric, unnecessary, cruel and I cannot believe Cameron wants to bring it back.
    5) Stop privatisation of the NHS. Yes, I know it was started by the government before 2010. But why take it any further when we can look at America and see how poor their system is!?
    6) Stop culling badgers. Totally unnecessary and against scientific reasoning and opinion.
    7) Stop trashing the environment for short term benefit. Yes, I know the economy is important...but do they honestly think GDP will save you from drowning, breathing in smogs, or something else like that!?

Well, I'm going to stop here as I have a list that's about 50 long, but I have revision to get on with...
    You're like a left wing cliche

ReputationRep:
    The first thing I'd like them to do is to step down from government.

ReputationRep:

You don't believe I was homeless? Are you serious?! I am not the type of person to lie about a one of the most horrific things that have happened to me just to make a point. My whole life was effected, I was never in school because I knew people would be talking, the fact I could only get my uniform washed once a week when I visited family, i never had a place to do homework or courcework. I blame those six months of being unsure if I would have the same roof on my head the next day or if they would ask me to leave on me failing my gcse exams.

Yes I was lucky that after a while me and my mum stuck together, but it was still those six months from feb - aug that i went without seeing my father only about once a week before we were able to be together again. Those six months have scared me for life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    exactly
    Thousands of young people are homeless. I was mealy one.

ReputationRep:
    You don't believe I was homeless? Are you serious?! I am not the type of person to lie about a one of the most horrific things that have happened to me just to make a point. My whole life was effected, I was never in school because I knew people would be talking, the fact I could only get my uniform washed once a week when I visited family, i never had a place to do homework or courcework. I blame those six months of being unsure if I would have the same roof on my head the next day or if they would ask me to leave on me failing my gcse exams.

Yes I was lucky that after a while me and my mum stuck together, but it was still those six months from feb - aug that i went without seeing my father only about once a week before we were able to be together again. Those six months have scared me for life.
    So a labour council failed you......and you still defend them?

ReputationRep:
    Thousands of young people are homeless. I was mealy one.
    So you were homeless or nearly homeless?

ReputationRep:
    You're like a left wing cliche
    So what? I'm entitled to an opinion as much as a right winger such as yourself. What is so wrong about wanting to help those who have suffered under the Tory government, protecting the environment (try counting your money as hold your breath) and not wanting to see animals killed for no good reason?

ReputationRep:
    So a labour council failed you......and you still defend them?
    I was one kids that slipped though the cracks. My council isn't run well department wise. It's wasn't the entire councils vote, it was the housing departments fault. If at 14 I knew that writing or going to see my local MP would help me then I would have. I only know this fact now at months off 17.

ReputationRep:
    So you were homeless or nearly homeless?
    I was meant to put merely.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ChemicalBond)
    Ooh, let's see...

your obviously not from the country side, you just see a fox as a cute, fluffy animal. In the eyes of everyone in the country, it's a disease-ridden, mindless killer who will kill your chickens for fun. In the same way, people still kill them for fun, but also because they are a pest/vermin.

People fox hunt all the time anyway, it's just making it legal would make it more fun again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    How is it a tax? If you wanted it repealed you should have voted Labour....
    More people voted for parties that would have scrapped the bedroom tax..............

ReputationRep:
    your obviously not from the country side, you just see a fox as a cute, fluffy animal. In the eyes of everyone in the country, it's a disease-ridden, mindless killer who will kill your chickens for fun. In the same way, people still kill them for fun, but also because they are a pest/vermin.

People fox hunt all the time anyway, it's just making it legal would make it more fun again
    Firstly, don't make assumptions about me because I'm against fox hunting. I AM from the countryside, thank you very much. And don't make assumptions about other people in the countryside, too, as the vast majority of people also from the countryside that I know are also against it. It's not a mindless predator, it's in its nature to kill. It's a predator, it's what it evolved to do. http://www.wildlives.org.uk/2006_upd...oxes/pests.htm

And pray do tell me. What on Earth is so fun about sending dogs to kill an animal, watch it being torn to shreds, bloodied, and everything else? It's disgusting, and I'm genuinely shocked that you make the argument that it's fun. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    fact, the labour party did more privatising than conservatives, get over it.

Them two parties..... not right, just me?
    You're having a laugh.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.