Turn on thread page Beta

Are there actually any non-racist UKIP supporters? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    ^this.

Even my shop friend thinks that UKIP is full of racists.:lolwut: It's so stupid. But then I don't take his opinion too seriously, he voted GREEN! :rofl2:
    You can think UKIP has racists in it or that racists support it without thinking the policies are racist.

Just saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smug Life)
    "Read between the lines", so in other words, you don't have any proof and you're just assuming things. You could have just said that to begin with.
    Sigh posted many links yet like a typical UKIP supporter you've ignored the facts.. do you also call chinese people chinks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.P)
    Sigh posted many links yet like a typical UKIP supporter you've ignored the facts.. do you also call chinese people chinks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No. If you'd actually read the article, you'd have seen that Nigel didn't either. Post some more articles, then.

ReputationRep:
    No, we all hate anyone with any skin colour other than our own. That's why we'd obviously never support and vote for such people as our candida-

Oh wait, nevermind.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=T.I.P;55608363]Sigh posted many links yet like a typical UKIP supporter you've ignored the facts.. do you also call chinese people chinks?

Are you not being racist by saying that^^ it's proven that other parties have had more people leave or step down for doing stupid things. Anyway I've made my point and clearly your just going to be aggressive with me so good night sir hope you enjoy your weekend

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Needs2Achieve;55608607]
    (Original post by T.I.P)

Are you not being racist by saying that^^ it's proven that other parties have had more people leave or step down for doing stupid things. Anyway I've made my point and clearly your just going to be aggressive with me so good night sir hope you enjoy your weekend
    Sorry just abit annoyed as I've posted supporting evidence yet its not being commented on. Tbh I quoted you by mistake. You seem like a reasonable chap so I do apologise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    You can think UKIP has racists in it or that racists support it without thinking the policies are racist.

Just saying.
    What's that got to do with anything?

People try to slate UKIP by using emotional insults like 'racist', but it's very wrong. Being against immigration doesn't make one racist! I tried to explain this to shop friend many times but he ignored me. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

People try to slate UKIP by using emotional insults like 'racist', but it's very wrong. Being against immigration doesn't make one racist! I tried to explain this to shop friend many times but he ignored me. :rolleyes:
    You were responding to this.

"Supporting removal of the UK from the EU and less immigration does not make people 'racists' calm your sjw ass down."

Shop friend said UKIP is full of racists. He didn't say those polices were racist.

YOu are correct though. Wanting to talk about immigration doesn't make you racist in and of itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GelukkigChloe)
    No. I know a lot of people who are not racist and vote UKIP. The problem is that they genuinely believe that the EU is the economic problem and want the freedom to make their own choices. That is why it is called the UK Independence Party. They want to get out of the EU.

I don't believe UKIP policies are racist and, after reading their manifesto, I don't see any indication that they will spark up mass genocide of non-British people. The problem with UKIP is that their motives attract racist people. These racist people believe UKIP will get rid of all immigrants when in fact, they want to reduce exploiting cheap labour, ensure immigrants are able to financially afford living here before they come and that they pay into the system before claiming from the system.

The image of UKIP has been twisted and turned by tabloids. This has been done to copious amounts of parties too, such as the torygraph *ahem* telegraph and their depictions of Labour. It is propaganda. Nobody is labelling the Conservatives as offensive to gay people despite my local MP making offensive comments about them. Nobody says the Conservatives don't care about the environment when my MP took money as a bribe from a climate change denial organisation and took a private jet to a climate change conference. It's all about publicity.

To note, I don't support UKIP. Not because I think their policies are racist, but I don't support separating from the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your post was totally perfect until I read the fourth and final paragraph. I think the EU is now one of the most corrupt organisations we have. Nobody thought Rome would fall...

ReputationRep:

UKIP isn't even against immigration, it is against mass unskilled immigration

One could argue that UKIP is in fact pro-immigration, seeing as the party still supports it, just not to the extent of what it currently is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstroNandos)
    One could argue that UKIP is in fact pro-immigration, seeing as the party still supports it, just not to the extent of what it currently is
    ROTFLMAO

I've officially heard it all now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.P)
    ROTFLMAO

I've officially heard it all now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If UKIP supports immigration (not uncontrolled unskilled immigration), then surely it is fundamentally a pro-immgration party?

What am I even doing with my life, arguing with a troll...

ReputationRep:
    If UKIP supports immigration (not uncontrolled unskilled immigration), then surely it is fundamentally a pro-immgration party?

What am I even doing with my life, arguing with a troll...
    Im not arguing, simply laughing at you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.P)
    Im not arguing, simply laughing at you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're laughing at me because you think I'm wrong

But I'm laughing at you because I'm not wrong

ReputationRep:
    You're laughing at me because you think I'm wrong

But I'm laughing at you because I'm not wrong
    Im now laughing that you think Im wrong and you are right and laughing at me for laughing at you for being wrong when you think you're right but are wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why thank you! Yes I can see you have your views and others have there's so people will disagree with you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeMills77)
    Your post was totally perfect until I read the fourth and final paragraph. I think the EU is now one of the most corrupt organisations we have. Nobody thought Rome would fall...
    I support the EU for personal reasons. A lot of my friends' line of work needs the EU and I have a lot of family in European countries. Leaving the EU would make visiting and staying over there a lot harder. Furthermore, I am looking into studying in the Netherlands. My course will get funded for, like in the UK, by the government of the Netherlands if the UK is in the EU.

I just don't believe isolating ourselves is a good idea. Why would someone want to trade with us/set up business here when they could get it all cheaper in the EU countries?

Furthermore, we would be still be subjected to some European laws and rules without any influence over them. We will no longer be able to negotiate these rules or change them in any way.

EDIT: It is like your divorcing your wife and she takes away 75% of your income but still demands that you buy her handmade cakes to give out at work so her bakery business would be successful. In that case, I'd buy cheaper cakes from my friend that tastes just as good.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of non racist UKIP supporters, and UKIP as a party is not racist. The concerns they raise, regardless of whether their arguments are valid or not, are not racial concerns, and their demand is for immigration to be controlled rather than stopped. Immigration policy can be wrong without being racist you know.

It certainly has an issue with racist members, but to say that the party itself is inherently racist and all its supporters are too is simply ridiculous.

I do not support UKIP by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillNegForReps)
    im an immigrant and i vote ukip
    So you disprove people entering the UK for a better life like you did?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.