Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    *PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ANSWER MY ORIGINAL DILLEMA*-
    Hi I found the paper good, failed the magnification and ratio one.

slight problem due to a huge rush when i did the plant glucose question i literally wrote, for aerobic respiration, proteins, starch and fatty acids and glycerol i may not of put it that bad but i cant remember saying "make proteins' and for speciation i literally said- Climate change, Competition eg food could have become scare, natural variation, natural selection and genetic variation all could of made the animals spread out i also said geographical barriers eg mountains.

Due to my lack of vocabulary for both questions eg starches and not storing starches do you believe I have dropped a s**t ton of marks and btw someone caught cheating in my exam...

any feedback please also What did you all write for certain Answers as well! BASICALLY I ANSWERED THE TWO QUESTIONS IN A LIST FORMAT eg natural selection, geographical barriers etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    I said that person 1's heart was pumping faster meaning more bloodywas pumping around the body carrying oxygen which could oxidise the lactic acid in his muscles quicker than person 2's leaving him less fatigued allowing him to run faster, I also went on about aerobic respiration giving glucose too the muscles providing the runner with more energy quicker than person 2... How many marks was it worth? I hope grade boundries are low this year
    Thats kinda similar to my answer, and hmm i'm pretty sure it was worth 5 marks not 100% sure though. So do i, last year the grade boundary was 40 for an A*?

ReputationRep:
    i put 400 for the magnification question?? can anyone tell me its right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imyleighx)
    Thats kinda similar to my answer, and hmm i'm pretty sure it was worth 5 marks not 100% sure though. So do i, last year the grade boundary was 40 for an A*?
    Yes I think it was, Can you look at my answer below and please tell me if you think I may have sacrificed many marks im really stressing-

slight problem due to a huge rush when i did the plant glucose question i literally wrote, for aerobic respiration, proteins, starch and fatty acids and glycerol i may not of put it that bad but i cant remember saying "make proteins' and for speciation

i literally said- Climate change, Competition eg food could have become scarce, natural variation, natural selection and genetic variation all could of made the animals spread out i also said geographical barriers eg mountains. I basically did a list due to the time rush for both I had like a minute...

Due to my lack of vocabulary for both questions eg starches instead of storing starches do you believe I have dropped a s**t ton of marks a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morganlethbridge)
    i put 400 for the magnification question?? can anyone tell me its right?
    400 was correct from what I have seen from other threads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imyleighx)
    Yup 5 marks

ReputationRep:
    *PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ANSWER MY ORIGINAL DILLEMA*-

slight problem due to a huge rush when i did the plant glucose question i literally wrote, for aerobic respiration, proteins, starch and fatty acids and glycerol i may not of put it that bad but i cant remember saying "make proteins' and for speciation i literally said- Climate change, Competition eg food could have become scare, natural variation, natural selection and genetic variation all could of made the animals spread out i also said geographical barriers eg mountains.

Due to my lack of vocabulary for both questions eg starches and not storing starches do you believe I have dropped a s**t ton of marks and btw someone caught cheating in my exam...

any feedback please also What did you all write for certain Answers as well! BASICALLY I ANSWERED THE TWO QUESTIONS IN A LIST FORMAT eg natural selection, geographical barriers etc...
    Firstly - stop panicking it's not going to change anything!
    Plant glucose Question - don't think you can have aerobic respiration because the question said apart from producing energy what ELSE is glucose used for. I think it's possible they might give you that mark for starch anyway though... I wrote starch for storage then also put for structural components which I'm now pretty sure it's wrong... I also put to make fats, proteins and chlorophyll 😂 - guessed the last one

Ooh what happened to the person caught cheating?? Haha what were they doing to cheat??? 😂😂

Think you'll be fine for the speciation question - your answer seems to have everything

Remind me of more questions!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think it was, Can you look at my answer below and please tell me if you think I may have sacrificed many marks im really stressing-

slight problem due to a huge rush when i did the plant glucose question i literally wrote, for aerobic respiration, proteins, starch and fatty acids and glycerol i may not of put it that bad but i cant remember saying "make proteins' and for speciation

i literally said- Climate change, Competition eg food could have become scarce, natural variation, natural selection and genetic variation all could of made the animals spread out i also said geographical barriers eg mountains. I basically did a list due to the time rush for both I had like a minute...

Due to my lack of vocabulary for both questions eg starches instead of storing starches do you believe I have dropped a s**t ton of marks a
    I'd say for the first one you'd get 2 of the possible marks maybe or to be honest maybe more like 3, if it's correct and same with the other one. I highly doubt you dropped lots of market, a few at a push

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #sarahsmith2)
    Firstly - stop panicking it's not going to change anything!
    Plant glucose Question - don't think you can have aerobic respiration because the question said apart from producing energy what ELSE is glucose used for. I think it's possible they might give you that mark for starch anyway though... I wrote starch for storage then also put for structural components which I'm now pretty sure it's wrong... I also put to make fats, proteins and chlorophyll ������ - guessed the last one

Ooh what happened to the person caught cheating?? Haha what were they doing to cheat??? ����������

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
    Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.