Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    Here's an unofficial mark scheme type thing that I've made. Some answers may not be in their correct places, and some could be wrong. I also probably left out a few questions, so let me know which ones. I'm pretty sure most of them are correct though, since I was able to check most of them.

1. 0.4689

2. You should end up with a quadratic and then get two solutions that are greater IN MAGNITUDE (modulus) than 1, and so cannot be solutions since the sine of angle cannot have a greater magnitude than 1.

I got x=22 and x=143.

I got phi=0, 180, 124.85 (I think).

3. You had to use the sine rule to get the two values of the angle, 138 and 42 I think.

Acute angle would therefore be 17.

So area=33.33.

4. nth term is a+(n-1)d, sub a and d in.

It's your typical proof, just with numbers in, like Jan 2013 if I recall correctly.

I think I got a=-7 and d=3.

5. r=-1/3, a=216.

Sum to infinity clearly 162.

Show that r satisfies the equation. Modulus of r less than 1, then pick the right solution.

I don't know whether I've got the order of this question right.

6. Integral is something like 3x^1/2 - (18x^7/3)/7 + c.

50/3. But everyone got different answers .

7. Basic log proof.

1/2 and 2/3 I think.

8. (3,-1)

Just work out 1/2 the diameter PQ to find radius r = sqrt29.

Got an angle of 66.8 I think.

6 for length of ST.

9. Use 1/2r^2(theta-sintheta) to find red segment. Find white segment by doing area of whole circle - area of red segment. Should get 1.04 or something to 2.1 something for ratio, so white is 2 times red (angle was 2.6 radians).

Hope that's helpful, and again, any mistakes or questions left out please let me know.

P.S. I'll give explanations to any of my answers if you don't understand how I got them.
    OMG I FORGOT TO ADD +C TO THE INTEGRAL. and I just realized i didn't finish 2a. I'm so disappointed with myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adangu)
    The integration question was out of 9 yes? I did it wrong and did it between -1 and 6. Think the drawing confused me!

The 9 marks was for both parts though? Just asking to see if I could gain any marks for correct integration, even though I used the wrong limits?
    I think you'll still get marks. And I have no idea why we were given that extra point (6,0)? Probably just to confuse us; we didn't have to use it at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack1066)
    Honestly I just dont see the point of the formula booklet, it does not help at all seeing as they make the formulas look like another language.

I'm going to have to ace the stats exam do get a decent grade now haha.....
    ikr! I bet they do it on purpose too. The formula booklet is ****ing useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodies)
    OMG I FORGOT TO ADD +C TO THE INTEGRAL. and I just realized i didn't finish 2a. I'm so disappointed with myself.
    Yeah and I forgot the dx's unless I looked back over my paper and was like, that integral looks a bit empty? XD

ReputationRep:
    I got 28 for the shaded area :/.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll still get marks. And I have no idea why we were given that extra point (6,0)? Probably just to confuse us; we didn't have to use it at all!
    Aye confused me! Also think I would get a few marks for the last one?, I basically worked out the areas but didn't show they were twice the other or something?

I think I did alright just slipped up on that integration, the tan one and the PQR circle triangle one.

worked out I have somewhere between 57-62 marks, and depending on the UMS could range from 84%-76%

ReputationRep:
    Do you know for the proof on the ap question for the sum. Will I still get marks if I did the normal method to prove the sum and then substitute my values for a and d in and then simply??

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I flopped the C2...
    Yep it was a nice paper in which I screwed up on a couple of questions but managed to correct last minute. I can't wake up so early and then do an exam at 9:00 completely switched on...
    Loads of people (probably everyone I talked to) lost the other two solutions on the trig question because they just divided through by tantheta and so were 'dividing by 0' for those two other solutions. I wouldn't worry too much. I did what you said and took sin out as a common factor XD.
    I would have thought the first principles arithmetic series proof would have been quite quick? It was quicker than doing it algebraically like other papers XD.
    Yeah the first principles should have been quick but, I'm so used to proving by the formula that I didn't think of proving by first principles. So I decided not to waste all my time on a 3 mark question when I could be hitting higher marks.

How did people in your college/school find that exam? Tbh although I didn't answer all my questions right. I got my exam technique on point which really helped me a lot. I had 30 mins at the end (knowing that I had errors in some answers), so I just added more workings out for the ones I couldn't solely do to try suss out some method marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteffanEvans)
    Do you know for the proof on the ap question for the sum. Will I still get marks if I did the normal method to prove the sum and then substitute my values for a and d in and then simply??
    0 marks. But don't feel disheartened because I didn't even attempt it!

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the value of K?

ReputationRep:
    Ugggghhhhh no. 8:30am is way too early to start an exam, especially a maths exam!

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the value of K?
    I had k= 70. LAD LOL xD

ReputationRep:
    Might need a cheeky nandos after that exam. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LimePrime)
    I had k= 70. LAD LOL xD
    Yeah me too!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too!
    Did ST = 36?

ReputationRep:
    Might need a cheeky nandos after that exam. xD
    You and me both mate

ReputationRep:
    I had k= 70. LAD LOL xD
    I had that too!

ReputationRep:
    Did ST = 36?
    ST squared = 36

so square root of ST^2 gives square root of 36

so ST = 6

ReputationRep:
    im so angry, i used the sum of formula to find K instead of the term aaaaaaarrgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteffanEvans)
    Maybe, because you're still proving it from first principles.
    Although that it sort of using the formula at the end.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.