Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Exam season, 1 to 2 hours everyday. I can't get myself inspired to do more than 3, otherwise my brain is fried. I'm crap at sticking with breaks, I will have a break and then not really go back to revision. I have to do most of it if not all of it at once. I'm still able to take it in this way though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    Sleep isn't something my body grasps the concept of. :innocent: Last 4 'nights' I have gone to bed between 2-4am and woken up between 5-6:30am. I just say it allows for me to use as much of the 24 hours in one day as I can.
    Woah I'm the total opposite haha. I wish I could get by on little sleep but I would feel tired all the time! I should probably make more of the day tbh but I know I couldn't revise ALL day anyway
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by katemate98)
    5:30am?? I never revise past 10pm really (or before 10am)

Seriously?

Same my politics folder is a mess
    Yes, but only recently, a few weeks ago I was revising 6-8 hours per day and a few months ago, less than five hours per day. All these hours of revision don't seem to help with economics though.

ReputationRep:
    How many hours a day? How frequent/how many breaks? Every day? And do you follow a revision timetable?

in all honesty its a bit late to be asking people now...

but i literally just work as i please, if ive done 3 hours productively ill call it a rest, other nights ill come home from sixth form at 7 then do 9-4 ( im under the allusion im nocturnal) but really i think the level of productivity speaks higher than the hours you do, just have to find what works for you and bang it out
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Woah I'm the total opposite haha. I wish I could get by on little sleep but I would feel tired all the time! I should probably make more of the day tbh but I know I couldn't revise ALL day anyway
    I wouldn't recommend it. :no: Long term think about all the wonderful effects it is having on me. :ahee: No wonder I turn into a bit of a mad man at times.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    In all honesty not that much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not enough.

ReputationRep:
    Not enough. Barely revised throughout the year - I tried but sixth form always drained all the energy out of me. I'm now having to cram in all my revision. I revise at least 4 hours every day.

Did the same for my GCSE exams. I will never learn

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else keep putting off a certain thing that they know they need to revise?
    For me, I can't be bothered revising for politics at all...
    PHYSICS! Oh how I hate Physics, it can get SO confusing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiminaM)
    I'm a mess

I procrastinate/sleep/am busy all day and at nights I do 8-15 exam papers for maths and chemistry. Last weekend I went crazy one day and did 51 and some extra exercises. Since then I cba, I barely read my notes for 2 hours this week. But another weekend is coming so I hope the crazy dorky me will rise again.

I really need to get my **** together.
    You did 51 past papers in one day. ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whydoidothis?)
    You did 51 past papers in one day. ok.
    Takes me 10-15 mins to do a maths 3 hour paper. I don't reason thouroughly just do the exercise

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a2 exams and I do 3 hours of a subject every day. I can't do different subjects all day I get confused. Anyone else the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.