Turn on thread page Beta

Review of the season 2014/15 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    The 4-0 against Burnley at the Hawthorns must be up there?
    I think I'll go with tonight's game.

ReputationRep:
    Player of the season? Eden Hazard.
    Manager of the season? Tim Sherwood (I **** you not)
    Match of the season? Spurs 5-3 Chelsea
    Pundit of the season? Gary Neville
    Football writer of the season? Phil Hay (Yorkshire Evening Post)
    Signing of the season? Alexis Sanchez.
    Flop of the season? Angel di Maria.
    Goal of the season? Bobby Zamora vs West Brom

And for your own club...
    Player of the season? Alex Mowatt
    Match of the season? Leeds 2-0 Derby
    Signing of the season? Sol Bamba
    Flop of the season? Edgar Cani
    Goal of the season? Rudy Austin vs Watford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I think I'll go with tonight's game.
    Thoroughly enjoyed it, way to go the Albion. You got to admit Pulis knows how to defend better than anyone in the league
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Brunt's finish was great. Foot like a traction engine. Very reminiscent of Yaya Toure's at the Liberty this weekend, albeit hit much much harder from Brunt and Courtois takes a lot more beating than Fabianski I'd suggest.

ReputationRep:
    Brunt's finish was great. Foot like a traction engine. Very reminiscent of Yaya Toure's at the Liberty this weekend, albeit hit much much harder from Brunt and Courtois takes a lot more beating than Fabianski I'd suggest.
    2 Goals definitely Fabianski's fault. But meh he was solid all season, so not big of a deal
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by theo1jinx)
    2 Goals definitely Fabianski's fault. But meh he was solid all season, so not big of a deal
    He's had a very, very good season. It's a shame that it was tarnished with his poor handling and shot-stopping against City, but as Monk said, "I'll allow him a couple of mistakes a season".

ReputationRep:
    He's had a very, very good season. It's a shame that it was tarnished with his poor handling and shot-stopping against City, but as Monk said, "I'll allow him a couple of mistakes a season".
    Monk is great indeed when it comes to player coach relationships maybe because he was a player him self not long ago. Haven't seen any Swansea player having complaints and that's just proof that he does his job very well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Monk is great indeed when it comes to player coach relationships maybe because he was a player him self not long ago. Haven't seen any Swansea player having complaints and that's just proof that he does his job very well.
    Made a very brave more in shipping out twelve players in pre-season, the majority of which were once friends/teammates of his.

ReputationRep:
    Made a very brave more in shipping out twelve players in pre-season, the majority of which were once friends/teammates of his.
    Fair play to him, he also saved Cork's career He is turning out really handy for Swans second half of the season
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I really wish we could get rid of half the dross in the PL to be honest.

I wouldn't mind seeing any of the bottom five being replaced. I wish at some stage of the season, in around March, somebody somewhere decides how many teams gets relegated. Rather than just being three, we should mix it up. It's a shame that any of the top six from the Championship won't be playing top-flight football next year.

ReputationRep:
    I really wish we could get rid of half the dross in the PL to be honest.

I wouldn't mind seeing any of the bottom five being replaced. I wish at some stage of the season, in around March, somebody somewhere decides how many teams gets relegated. Rather than just being three, we should mix it up. It's a shame that any of the top six from the Championship won't be playing top-flight football next year.
    Are you sure they don't just look worse because they're playing far better teams, and we'd be saying the exact same thing about any of the top 6 Championship teams, if they were in the Premier League?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by difeo)
    Are you sure they don't just look worse because they're playing far better teams, and we'd be saying the exact same thing about any of the top 6 Championship teams, if they were in the Premier League?
    Probably, but it shakes things up. I'd rather watch Bournemouth and Brentford struggling than Hull and Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    Probably, but it shakes things up. I'd rather watch Bournemouth and Brentford struggling than Hull and Newcastle.
    Lol don't judge that way, I think the same will happen if Bournemouth and Brentford were in EPL. Clubs got their problems too...

ReputationRep:
    Difeo's got a point. Taarabt tore Championship apart last year for example but this year he couldn't even compete

ReputationRep:
    Player of the season? David De Gea
    Manager of the season? Ronald Koeman
    Match of the season? Spurs 5-3 Chelsea
    Pundit of the season? Gary Neville
    Signing of the season? Cesc Fabregas
    Flop of the season? Mario Balotelli
    Goal of the season? Matty Phillips vs Crystal Palace

And for your own club...
    Player of the season? David De Gea
    Match of the season? Liverpool 0-3 Manchester United
    Signing of the season? Ander Herrera
    Flop of the season? Falcao
    Goal of the season? Mata vs Liverpool
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Difeo's got a point. Taarabt tore Championship apart last year for example but this year he couldn't even compete
    Happens every year. You get the feeling that most of Norwich's spine (Redmond, Martin, Howson etc.) are only there currently because they told the club they'd give it a shot at getting back to the PL for a year. You can't imagine many of them will stick around for another season if they fail in the play-offs.

Redmond, in particular, seems to have really found an enjoyment in his football in the second tier this season. A few of their players (Bassong, Hoolahan) probably fit the category of 'too good for Championship, not good enough for PL'.

ReputationRep:
    Happens every year. You get the feeling that most of Norwich's spine (Redmond, Martin, Howson etc.) are only there currently because they told the club they'd give it a shot at getting back to the PL for a year. You can't imagine many of them will stick around for another season if they fail in the play-offs.

Redmond, in particular, seems to have really found an enjoyment in his football in the second tier this season. A few of their players (Bassong, Hoolahan) probably fit the category of 'too good for Championship, not good enough for PL'.
    Fair play to them, they did the right thing and I will be glad if they get promoted. look at Sidwell, Fulham got relegated and he chose to leave for Stoke, he would be really good for Championship but now he barely plays
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Out of the relegated bunch, I can imagine these players doing well for lower half PL sides...

QPR: Green, Caulker, Phillips, Fer, Austin
    Burnley: Heaton, Trippier, Boyd, Barnes, Ings
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Why do people still trust caulker as a premiership centre back? Two years, two relegations and looked suspect in both of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Why do people still trust caulker as a premiership centre back? Two years, two relegations and looked suspect in both of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same as Fer, but I reckon both could be squad players.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.