Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *SweaterWeather*)
    I put the same for the 6 marker, then for the 5 marker i said that when weighing you could lose some of the product during filtration/drying so this would make the results less valid/incorrect, but since titrations are normally done to the nearest cm3 the resolution is low so this would affect the calculation of the concentration? I also said that titrations would have to be repeated a few times with the indicator to create a mean so any anomalies wouldnt affect it when you dont have the indicator so this'd take quite a long time to do :/

but the some of the questions were really confusing, both papers were nothing like i expected
    The 5 marker was difficult and some of the questions were worded confusing. On the C3 paper, there was a question which said where silver ions were present, in like nitrates, potassium, sodium. Do you remember what answer you put for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spnlove)
    You have to double 1 and 1.5 so that it's the same ratio but there are no decimals.
    For some reason I got Pb3O2 wrong way round but will I still get marks for working out and stuff :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MariumKazmi)
    For some reason I got Pb3O2 wrong way round but will I still get marks for working out and stuff :/
    Yeah i'm sure you will

ReputationRep:
    What did anyone put for the ethical reasons not to use iodine in salt?

ReputationRep:
    It was pb2o3 because the molecular masses were mass in g divided by the mass number then it was 0.03 :0.045 and then you had to times by 1000 to get 30:45 and then just divide it down.

I just found this out because I put pb3o4 because I didn't do the times by 1000 but I'm pretty sure if you found the molecular masses and did it as a ratio they would give you 2 marks so it's not all bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabellagrace)
    I just realised I answered the question about why molten iodine does not conduct electricity completely wrong; I put that they don't have a charge or some crap but I didn't mention how they didn't have delocalised electrons ONCE :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That should be right because Iodine exists as simple molecules.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the flame/halide/sulphate test questions on c3??

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the flame test questions on the c3 paper

ReputationRep:
    Did all of you find it generally hard?(in my opinion none of the questions were like the exam papers, and only a couple topics came up and ONLY 2 CALCULATIONS CAME UP) hopefully everybody else found it this way as the grade boundaries will drop.
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be (probably lower)e.g 40-A

ReputationRep:
    Is there a unofficial mark scheme yet???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tammyxxx)
    What did everyone get for the flame/halide/sulphate test questions on c3??
    Cant remember the table off memory - but i know that Iron 2 and 3, (silver) iodide were definitely answers! There was also a sulphate ion but I can't remember the others! I can't believe the 6 answers only equated to 3 marks :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MWH6521#)
    What did anyone put for the ethical reasons not to use iodine in salt?
    I put that there was no consumer choice so even if they didn't want it, they have no choice

ReputationRep:
    when you get the ratio 1:1.5 you can double it to get ratio 2:3 i think (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrueDAN)
    Cant remember the table off memory - but i know that Iron 2 and 3, (silver) iodide were definitely answers! There was also a sulphate ion but I can't remember the others! I can't believe the 6 answers only equated to 3 marks :O
    I know and I got confused between the tests because it was put in one table!!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.