Turn on thread page Beta

WJEC A2 ENGLISH LITERATURE AND LANGUAGE COMBINED (11th of June) EXAM PREDICTIONS watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, sorry again for the late reply. Glad to see some more people actual taking combined! how did the exam go for you guys? I was SO happy that love came up - (I only revised the theme of love - yeah, I know, dumb) so section B went well - section A, not so sure, I got that the poem was a petrachan/italian sonnet, just spent too long on section A and purpose/presentation/audience/context on section B to really get into the juicy stuff on the unseens, conclusion was pretty poor, hardly referred to Text B and all I really said about Text C was that it was satirical and conversational haha. Does anyone have the grade boundary structure for the A level? - what was the total for AS - (including coursework and the exam) - and the total for A2 - (coursework and exam) - Also, does anyone know what the weighting is for AS and A2? - is it 50:50? Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Well that was a great exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyandHarvey)
    Hey guys, sorry again for the late reply. Glad to see some more people actual taking combined! how did the exam go for you guys? I was SO happy that love came up - (I only revised the theme of love - yeah, I know, dumb) so section B went well - section A, not so sure, I got that the poem was a petrachan/italian sonnet, just spent too long on section A and purpose/presentation/audience/context on section B to really get into the juicy stuff on the unseens, conclusion was pretty poor, hardly referred to Text B and all I really said about Text C was that it was satirical and conversational haha. Does anyone have the grade boundary structure for the A level? - what was the total for AS - (including coursework and the exam) - and the total for A2 - (coursework and exam) - Also, does anyone know what the weighting is for AS and A2? - is it 50:50? Thanks in advance.
    They work it out from % and I think exam is 30% each and the coursework are 20% each

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful exam!
    Forgot to mention the poem was a sonnet and iambic pentameter, but hopefully the rest will make up for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanya Pouncey)
    Beautiful exam!
    Forgot to mention the poem was a sonnet and iambic pentameter, but hopefully the rest will make up for it.
    I did exactly the same! Mentioned it was an octet and sestet though 😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat2424)
    I did exactly the same! Mentioned it was an octet and sestet though 😀
    Ahh good one! I'm sure we'll be fine went in with the context though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanya Pouncey)
    Ahh good one! I'm sure we'll be fine went in with the context though
    Yeah same! We'll be fine 😃

ReputationRep:
    So happy that Love came up in the exam

ReputationRep:
    Im very happy Love came up as i only revised in depth love! Section A was alright not too keen on it but hmm alright! Loved section B!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatmaN'S)
    Im very happy Love came up as i only revised in depth love! Section A was alright not too keen on it but hmm alright! Loved section B!!!!
    Yeah me too , I started with section B first because I felt more comfortable with that one and the quotes were still fresh in my mind but I managed to finish both
    We all tried and done our best! :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to this thread and the couple predictions of love and marriage I was able to get some last minute revision in and think I have a chance to get a respectable grade now! haha

ReputationRep:
    I am yet to see a thread for combined English A level.

Does anyone have any predictions for themes for Wuthering Heights? apparently 'Love & Marriage' is strongly rumoured. I'm going to take a gamble and revise for this theme and 'Society & Class'. Most themes cross over in some way anyway.

How're you guys revising? think I'm going to just write two of the best possible essays for the above themes and try to memorise them.

Good luck!
    Just made an account to say thank you for sharing your predictions on here, they really helped this week and I was very pleased with the exam today! I hope everything went well for you today too 😊

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone! Hope we all get the grades we want

x

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck Everyone! :yy: :thumbsup:

Hey guys. Hope your exam went well. I sat it yesterday as well. I've got to say section A was ugly I hated the script text c and a I made a few comparisons. Section B was beautiful and now my worry is that I wrote so much for section B double that section A I didn't do a intro on Section A just moved into it due to time but did a brief conclusion nd comparisons weren't great. I'm really worried section A will pull me down. I also did AS this year all on one year and tbh Same thing I spent so much time on poem less on in cold blood. Aghhh not sure If I've secured a great grade this year. Also for section B a lot of people are telling me they included critiques which we weren't told, only wider reading and context so now thats put me off too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naimah_786)
    Hey guys. Hope your exam went well. I sat it yesterday as well. I've got to say section A was ugly I hated the script text c and a I made a few comparisons. Section B was beautiful and now my worry is that I wrote so much for section B double that section A I didn't do a intro on Section A just moved into it due to time but did a brief conclusion nd comparisons weren't great. I'm really worried section A will pull me down. I also did AS this year all on one year and tbh Same thing I spent so much time on poem less on in cold blood. Aghhh not sure If I've secured a great grade this year. Also for section B a lot of people are telling me they included critiques which we weren't told, only wider reading and context so now thats put me off too.
    Im sure you will be fine! Don't worry too much about it. Just have faith in yourself. I hated Section A literally sat in the exam analysing and thinking huh ?! Im probably on the same level as you with my Section A i did struggle ngl. Aww AS aswell in one year? must be hard but dont worry too much the exam is done, you cant really do anything about it now just keep your fingers crossed for a great grade! With Section B i didn't include any critiques just comparison and context too; context and comparison was the one my teacher emphasised on a lot! Nothing on critiques :/

ReputationRep:
    Im sure you will be fine! Don't worry too much about it. Just have faith in yourself. I hated Section A literally sat in the exam analysing and thinking huh ?! Im probably on the same level as you with my Section A i did struggle ngl. Aww AS aswell in one year? must be hard but dont worry too much the exam is done, you cant really do anything about it now just keep your fingers crossed for a great grade! With Section B i didn't include any critiques just comparison and context too; context and comparison was the one my teacher emphasised on a lot! Nothing on critiques :/
    Yes hopefully just have to wait now! It could put my university place at stake! I found English harder than the sciences which is so weird.... yh section A just put me off! anyway hope for the best. Really same but a lot of students have come out with this critique talk! What do you think the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rivieragirl)
    Just made an account to say thank you for sharing your predictions on here, they really helped this week and I was very pleased with the exam today! I hope everything went well for you today too 😊
    Hey! awwww no worries! glad I could help. Throughout the year my English teacher just kept saying 'love is going to come up'. I've never had any bad experiences with sticking to predictions either. It went well thank-you! section A was iffy but oh well, section B went super well.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! awwww no worries! glad I could help. Throughout the year my English teacher just kept saying 'love is going to come up'. I've never had any bad experiences with sticking to predictions either. It went well thank-you! section A was iffy but oh well, section B went super well.
    Glad to hear that I agree about Section B, am also a little unsure about Section A, here's hoping the predictions for my remaining exams are as accurate haha!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2015

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.