Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Black Magic)
    You keep attempting to derail the thread by turning it into an argument.
    Jammy Duel? Never.

Next you'll be saying every time someone takes a jab at him they get repped by one of the mods.

ReputationRep:
    Meh i gave both my PS4 and XBONE to my kid nephew, they were just collecting dust and all the games were crappy versions of PC games anyway. Kept ym Wii U though, at least it has different unique games.

ReputationRep:
    My PS4 sits around gathering dust. My PC is gaming all day, everyday

ReputationRep:
    Once my exams are out the way I think I'm finally going to opt for a PS4
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Ahhh a sensible choice that only the sensible make

ReputationRep:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    What exams are you sitting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    What exams are you sitting?
    Second lot of 4 exams for my RHS horticulture exams. I did well in the first four but am well under prepared for the next batch! Only three weeks away :eek:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Second lot of 4 exams for my RHS horticulture exams. I did well in the first four but am well under prepared for the next batch! Only three weeks away :eek:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I like my PS4 for what it is, to me it would never be a replacement for a computer.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haseeb1)
    Well its cheap compared to the beast of a pc I've got :smug: just the graphics card cost £290. So in comparison, ps4 is not that expensive. You can get a PC that ****s all over ps4's even at the 4-500 quid range. Though if you're a true gaming enthusiast, PC wont let you down if you get the right hardware.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What case is that? Not bad at all. I myself got a zalman z11+ case which is serving me well.

I expected people to be claiming PC master race, but neither console or PC will take over the other industry any time soon, unless PC can get gamers hooked at a young age, pretty much uprooting the console industry's market.

There is just something about a console that people can sit around in the living room watch on the sofa / TV and chill. With PC yes you can technically do that, but it's not the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshDawg)
    What case is that? Not bad at all. I myself got a zalman z11+ case which is serving me well.

I expected people to be claiming PC master race, but neither console or PC will take over the other industry any time soon, unless PC can get gamers hooked at a young age, pretty much uprooting the console industry's market.

There is just something about a console that people can sit around in the living room watch on the sofa / TV and chill. With PC yes you can technically do that, but it's not the same.
    Yeah i mainly have my Wii U for coop with friends. I would have gotten a PS4 or Xbox One if they had games that were fun to play locally

ReputationRep:

Yeah it's a decent case, I even considered getting one before I decided to get a gtx 970. My case is a thermaltake chaser a71, I needed something big for my gigabyte g1 gaming model, that cooler on it is massive.

I agree with you on the point the point that pc's aren't quite the same for living room material. Thats why it's better for personal use, if you wanna get the most of your game pc outclasses any console. You can't disagree with that. However, using big screen steam; it's kinda like a console OS so you can use that with a pad in your living room, but I guess it's more of a preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haseeb1)
    Yeah it's a decent case, I even considered getting one before I decided to get a gtx 970. My case is a thermaltake chaser a71, I needed something big for my gigabyte g1 gaming model, that cooler on it is massive.

I agree with you on the point the point that pc's aren't quite the same for living room material. Thats why it's better for personal use, if you wanna get the most of your game pc outclasses any console. You can't disagree with that. However, using big screen steam; it's kinda like a console OS so you can use that with a pad in your living room, but I guess it's more of a preference.
    True, but in my experience TVs have a larger ms delay compared to monitors (maybe it's because they aren't specifically built for PCs), but there is a hybrid out by Alienware I think? It's pretty much a console but with steam. Not sure if you can upgrade parts or not though, that's part of the fun for me with PC gaming. That and building it, except for the parts when I'm worried I've fried everything and am wearing a static band, bare feet on a wood floor and hugged 3 radiators.

ReputationRep:
    You certainly won't regret it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    You certainly won't regret it
    For the price of a PS4 you could get a PC that runs better than one. But okay.

I've never owned a Playstation but been on them once or twice. I never got the hang on the buttons and the controller was always weird.

ReputationRep:
    For the price of a PS4 you could get a PC that runs better than one. But okay.

I've never owned a Playstation but been on them once or twice. I never got the hang on the buttons and the controller was always weird.
    It may 'run better', but they won't be able to play PS4 exclusives on them. It's notable that the PC-huggers seem to forget the main point of owning a console (the games) or the main point of playing games (the games).

Something you haven't tried before seeming awkward to what you're used to is nothing new in life in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.P)
    Xbox one>>pc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've never owned a Gaming PC, it's crystal clear.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you spend 3k on a gaming pc then dont get one. You will be forever upgrading it costing a fourtune.. just isnt worth the money. Better to just get a console.. also games take forever to release on PC, do they even have GTA5 yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.P)
    And I dont mean price, its absolutely crap it never gets any serious updates, games suck too. The indie games they shove down your throat are terrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would agree with you but my little sis loves hers and all her games. But I am always a bit embarrassed to buy her games when I go to game shops because everyone seems to be getting some cool **** for XBox and I'm stuck buying Ratchet &Clank and Skylanders and Adventure Time. But if it makes the little bean happy...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.