Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to go to sixth form, it scares me, I feel like I'm a teeny year six about to go to secondary school...

ReputationRep:
    To the people who miss years 7-11 and are going to 6th form: if you miss lower school already, then boy are you going miss the days when you're at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ****_Hunter)
    I miss school like a Jew misses the holocaust
    Oh so offensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum623)
    No. These past 5 years have been the worst of my life. I'll be so happy when I can wake up and not have a million things to worry about and not have to see all the people I hate again.
    The real worries start when you leave school!

ReputationRep:
    When i left year 11 i really didn't think i was going to miss it, 5 years on and all i want to do is go back!

ReputationRep:
    If only you knew how much I would miss it... I remember the good times in year 7,8,9 😢😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do miss my school years from 15 to 18 years old, even though it was a LOOOT of drama, and rumours and actual fights and stuff like that, I miss it because it was easy and even though I couldn't wait to go to uni, I loved it because I had an "identity" I was known as the smart and stylish girl with bright red hair who kinda acted like blair on gossip girl (lol) and I had my friends etc.. To me there's nothing like high school, but it was also a place full of judgy and envious people

ReputationRep:
    When i'm in school i feel like crying tears of despair
    enough said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skinnylove25)
    I do miss my school years from 15 to 18 years old, even though it was a LOOOT of drama, and rumours and actual fights and stuff like that, I miss it because it was easy and even though I couldn't wait to go to uni, I loved it because I had an "identity" I was known as the smart and stylish girl with bright red hair who kinda acted like blair on gossip girl (lol) and I had my friends etc.. To me there's nothing like high school, but it was also a place full of judgy and envious people
    OMG Drama!! LOOOOL!!! Damn it feels pretty depressing... 3 weeks later, I will have to say goodbye to most of these amazing people. :'(

ReputationRep:
    best days of your life....so far...

do something that will make school look crappy
    do something thatll make you so happy you dont have time to miss school

youll probably find you dont miss it when youve got into a new life
    (but i get what you mean - ill miss it too)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehmet2015)
    OMG Drama!! LOOOOL!!! Damn it feels pretty depressing... 3 weeks later, I will have to say goodbye to most of these amazing people. :'(
    Yeah it's depressing and you wish you could go back to school , for me it lasted for 2 years after leaving, but now I'm 21 and I 'm so over it lol, I like uni, I'm independent and overall people are way less childish and they don't judge you as much.

ReputationRep:
    err occaisionally, uni is WAY better though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skinnylove25)
    Yeah it's depressing and you wish you could go back to school , for me it lasted for 2 years after leaving, but now I'm 21 and I 'm so over it lol, I like uni, I'm independent and overall people are way less childish and they don't judge you as much.
    Im not looking forward to that. Oh well...

ReputationRep:
    as an AS student last year i thought i would miss school loads. Now as AS student at a college i realise how much i did hate school last year and did not enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valbrechts)
    I actually feel pretty depressed leaving school. I’ll miss sitting in lessons doing nothing, squeezing through the crowded halls at the end of every lesson, seeing friendly faces I never speak to, daydreaming out the windows on rainy days, that feeling I used to get when the girl I liked was around, pretending to listen to what the whole meaning of the book is in English and those childish drawings of dicks and curses in my notebooks. I guess those adults who say that their ‘best years in life were in school’ were right.

Sorry for the sobby post ahaha
    Adults who say that their 'best years in life were in school' obviously didn't go to university...

ReputationRep:
    Meh. It was horrible in Year 7 & 8, great in Year 9 (apart from geography) and boring as hell in Year 10 and 11. Better than sixth form though. Sixth form sucks. The people there are great but it's so stressful, genuinely makes me want to cry sometimes. School was so easy, even if I hated at least 50% of my year group.

ReputationRep:
    I actually feel pretty depressed leaving school. I’ll miss sitting in lessons doing nothing, squeezing through the crowded halls at the end of every lesson, seeing friendly faces I never speak to, daydreaming out the windows on rainy days, that feeling I used to get when the girl I liked was around, pretending to listen to what the whole meaning of the book is in English and those childish drawings of dicks and curses in my notebooks. I guess those adults who say that their ‘best years in life were in school’ were right.

Yeah I agree, I'm going to miss school. It's the people in particular, the friendly environment that you don't get anywhere else in your life. People that will now be erased, never to be seen again. That's the sad part, you take your friends with you but you don't bring the fun, social environment (albeit having to do uninteresting subjects) and personally I think the teachers as well, as mine have all been so good, and I'm sure I will do well in my exams because of them. I'm sure of hell going to miss school, and I'm sure most people are.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely going to miss school when I leave, loved it.

ReputationRep:
    You'll get into college and things will be very different. A couple of years down the line you'll reminisce about the school days and it'll hit you that you actually miss those days.
    for me, I realise that school isn't that bad as everyone makes it out to be.

ReputationRep:

I'm currently in Year 12 and I miss Year 10-11 a lot. not too much stress and the fact that all my friends were in the same school with me. Now everyone's gone to different schools and we've lost touch.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.