Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lexysworld)
    So scared for this exam!!! My friends aren't revising Donovan too tough as he came up last year.

We think Ayer will come up, but I really like Westphal's text

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah i'm really worried too. i'm trying to revise all of it because i know people last year who didn't revise Donovan because they thought he wouldn't up and he did (i think that's right???)

ReputationRep:
    I'm not revising Donovan either because I've missed some of the analysis lessons. I'm terrified as it is with the hope of it being Ayer or westphal. Really rooting for Ayer though it's so much easier to remember

ReputationRep:
    do you know what came up in 2015?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by is__bella)
    yeah i'm really worried too. i'm trying to revise all of it because i know people last year who didn't revise Donovan because they thought he wouldn't up and he did (i think that's right???)
    2008- Ayer
    2009- Westphal
    2010- Ayer
    2011- Donovan
    2011- Westphal
    2012- Donovan
    2013- Ayer
    2014- Westphal
    2015- Donovan

Ayer hasn't come up in three years, so he is the most likely to come up, if i'm thinking correctly??

ReputationRep:
    That's what I was thinking but I'm so scared because these are the legacies papers that all the exam boards are throwing curve balls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Micagrant)
    I'm not revising Donovan either because I've missed some of the analysis lessons. I'm terrified as it is with the hope of it being Ayer or westphal. Really rooting for Ayer though it's so much easier to remember
    I'm so scared, I was in hospital when we did all of the religious experience work so I'm actually screwed

ReputationRep:
    Ayer or Westphal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angharad_jane)
    I'm so scared, I was in hospital when we did all of the religious experience work so I'm actually screwed
    If it provides any reassurance, Donovan has come up 3 times and last year. I'm not even looking at him. Westphal has come up twice. Ayer has come up once, three years ago. So if it's not Ayer, the people next year would have a very clear idea what to revise for... If Westphal comes up then it would be Westphal x3, Donovan x3, Ayer x 1. I'm hoping it's ayer!

The annoying thing about this paper is the grade boundaries are high, 72% raw for a C, 88% raw for an A, 94% for an A*!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meeeeee7)
    I'm dreading this exam. My school thinks Ayer will come up but tbh it could be any of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ayer hasn't come up in three years so there is a chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnkitKapoor)
    If it provides any reassurance, Donovan has come up 3 times and last year. I'm not even looking at him. Westphal has come up twice. Ayer has come up once, three years ago. So if it's not Ayer, the people next year would have a very clear idea what to revise for... If Westphal comes up then it would be Westphal x3, Donovan x3, Ayer x 1. I'm hoping it's ayer!

The annoying thing about this paper is the grade boundaries are high, 72% raw for a C, 88% raw for an A, 94% for an A*!

Flipping heck those grade boundaries are so high :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skytrenfield)
    Flipping heck those grade boundaries are so high :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I KNOW! I've not really started Westphal yet :/ Luckily I only need to scrape D in this paper to get an A overall. But that's still 64% Yay cramming

ReputationRep:
    I KNOW! I've not really started Westphal yet :/ Luckily I only need to scrape D in this paper to get an A overall. But that's still 64% Yay cramming
    Lucky though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lucky though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I'm just going to spend all night looking at Westphal's 'friendly' guide..

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm just going to spend all night looking at Westphal's 'friendly' guide..
    Wheres that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wheres that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    something my teacher gave me. Do you have any C grade essays for Ayer/Westphal?

ReputationRep:
    Wheres that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    if you google 'westphal friendly guide' it's the first page that comes up. it's called 'a friendly guide to westphal.doc' and is an automatic download.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by is__bella)
    if you google 'westphal friendly guide' it's the first page that comes up. it's called 'a friendly guide to westphal.doc' and is an automatic download.
    Ah cheers thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how come you only need a D?

ReputationRep:
    do you leave all the against theories like James in the ao2??????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bedussey)
    how come you only need a D?
    An A is 320 UMS. I got 194/200 UMS last year. I am certain in Developments I at least got an A, which is 80 UMS.

320-194-80= 46 UMS. A D is 50 UMS. So I actually need a high E. Really hoping I've done this right...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.